CHAPTER 4

Silver Lining

 “Sunggyu-ah! I am glad you are still alive. Since I could not reach you, I thought for the worst. Thank God you are safe. How is your family? ”

“Thanks for worrying Doojoon-ah. We are fine. How about you?”, Sunggyu enquired.

“We survived as well. But the condition here is not so well. Many houses have collapsed and two people from our neighborhood have lost their life.”

Sunggyu felt sad for them but at the same time thanked God that their area was not as devastated. “I am so sorry. And also sorry for not receiving the phone calls & making you worry. Actually my phone was dead and we had no means of electricity.”

“No need to be sorry for that Gyu. We had solar inverter which made us possible to charge our phones. Anyway, can we meet somewhere? I don’t know your house, else I would have come up to you before only”, Doojoon said.

“I will text my address to you so that, you can come here. I don’t think my mom would allow me to go somewhere.”

“Oh, that’s fine. I will be there then.” With that, Doojoon ended the call.

 


 

Since Sungjong liked Dongwoo so much, he was like glued to him. Most of the time, he invited Dongwoo to join them in breakfast, lunch, dinner & just to have chit-chat. Dongwoo didn’t like to trouble Mrs. Lee so, he tried to decline the offer but who could say no to such an adorable lemon candy boy when he makes a kicked out puppy face. Lee family liked the happy virus very much, except someone named Lee Howon. Sungyeol got along with Dongwoo quickly because he easily gets along with almost everyone & also the said person is one of the most optimistic person found around. But, in the contrast, Hoya felt uncomfortable around Dongwoo. He had always been serious with his life. Being the eldest in the family, he felt responsible to look after his siblings and be a good support to his parents. So, he felt Dongwoo as one of the immature brat who does not care for anyone. Whenever Dongwoo was around, he escaped to Sunggyu. They understood each other.

 


 

“Yeolie hyung! Myungie is so sad today”, Myungsoo pouted.

Chuckling a little, Sungyeol replied, “What happened to my baby Myungie?”

“My friends said that my pictures are not good. There is no life in it! Yeolie hyung, are my pictures that bad?”

“You can’t satisfy everyone Myungie! Don’t let others decide your life because its you who have to live it”, Sungyeol tried to comfort the sulking boy.

That didn’t make Myung feel any better. “But still, I want others to like the work where I have put so much effort on.”

 Thinking for a while, Sungyeol said, “Hmm…Maybe, your friends are interested in some other types of photography and since you only take landscape photography they didn’t find it interesting. Why don’t you try some people photography. People can be interesting subject, you know, since they have lots of emotions, you can portray various feelings with your pictures!”

“I have never thought of that. I think the natural beauty is more alluring than anything else.”

“Mother Nature can’t be compared with anything or anyone, Myungie but people are a part of nature too. They are the wide area of study!”, Sungyeol tried to cheer his dongseang.

Myungsoo sounded little happy as he said, “Since Yeolie hyung told me, I will try that as well!”

 


 

At around lunch time, Doojoon reached Sunggyu’s house.

“Hey buddy. What’s up?”, Doojoon greeted.

“I am good. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by your concern!”, Sunggyu chuckled a bit.

“More than me someone else was more concerned”, Doojoon murmured which Sunggyu could not catch. “By the way, I brought a friend with me”, Doojoon showed a boy who was behind him.

Sunggyu recognized the boy. “Hello Woohyun. How are you? Are your family well?”

Woohyun was taken aback by the sudden attention. “I..I’m good hyung. My family is good as well. O…Our house got a little crack, but it’s still safe to stay. For f…five days, we stayed outside but now we are shifted to our h…house….”. Woohyun was interrupted by Doojoon harshly, “Yah, STOP IT. Don’t make a fool out of yourself.”

Woohyun pouted at this and Sunggyu laughed so loudly, first time after the earthquake. Woohyun was turning red due to embarrassment. But immediately it turned to happiness when Sunggyu said, “Y..you are too cute, Woohyun-ah! Thanks for making me laugh!” Sunggyu was rubbing the tears out of his eyes.

Woohyun was glad to see Sunggyu laughing, on top of that, he was laughing due to him. Being shy, Woohyun asked, “Hyung, how…how do you know my name?”

“I am the prefect of the college, boy! So, I know each student. Not only your name, I know that you are one year junior than me and you play soccer very well”, Sunggyu stated as a matter of factly, but that was enough to create butterflies in the younger’s stomach.

Though for sleeping and eating, many people had started to go inside the house but at the day time as much as possible, they used to be outside so that, if anything happens, they can run quickly because the tremors were still felt. Sunggyu, Doojoon & Woohyun were also at the park talking about different stuffs and the effect of earthquake in different areas.  At about evening, Mrs. Kim made spaghetti  for everyone & Woohyun felt really glad because it had been like ages they were just having ramyun due to fear of not being able to go inside house. 

 


 

On the way to their home, Woohyun was jumping excitedly like a bunny.

So, Doojoon teased a little, “Uh..huh…Someone is not able to control his happiness!”

With a greasy smile, Woohyun replied, “You don’t know how much I am feeling blissful today. Thank you hyung! Thank you so so much! You are a life saver! Sunggyu hyung is such a nice person, right. He has not become everyone’s eye candy for nothing. He has such a cute smile, his personality is so gentle, even his mother is so kind, he has perfect scores in exams……”

“Will you please stop telling me about Sunggyu because we have been best friends from the beginning of the university. I only agreed to help someone since that person had such a hopeless crush over my friend that when the earthquake hit us he was more worried about him than own self! You made me call him non stop and upon not getting the response you even made me text him like crazy! For a time being I felt that I was the one who is in love! You better hurry up and confess your feelings for him before I have to intervene”, Doojoon said the last line in a somewhat threatening voice.

Woohyun shivered a bit. “Hyung, please don’t do anything reckless.  I’ll tell him when the appropriate time arrives. Just today I have got to talk to him. For now I am contented that he remembers my name. I don’t want to rush things for now.”

“But remember Opportunities are like Sunrises, if you wait too long you can miss them.”

Woohyun only nodded at this.

 


 

A/N: Finally there is the entry of Woohyun which makes OT7 complete! How many of you had guessed the phone call from someone else?! Your view on the chapter is much appreciated ^_^

Btw, Dr. Ahn looks breath-takingly  hot….I can’t help myself from squealing so hard! And, the boys are really making chaos for the Monday Blues..kkk..they are such a children at heart :)) And, Hoya opened his own YouTube account…yay! Hope he will upload more~