CHAPTER 3

Silver Lining

Next day, everyone was gathered together in the park. Again Kim family & Lee family were together. Both the families spent their night in the basement of their houses as the previous day.

Myungsoo excitedly came up to Sungyeol with his camera to show him his pictures. Sungyeol was really awed by the pictures. They were so mesmerizing. Each of them was captures with a theme. Myungsoo was excitedly telling the story behind each picture and Sungyeol was complimenting him sincerely. People were not much interested to talk with him regarding photography. Sunggyu didn’t have much interest towards the topic, their parents were busy in their own world that they don’t have much time to pay attention to his interest and his friends never understood his passion. They thought it was waste of time. Meeting someone who really gave interest to his interest was a new feeling for Myungsoo. He liked to treasure this moment  a lot.

                Leaving his brother & Sungyeol drown in the world of photography, Sunggyu went to chit-chat with Hoya & Sungjong.  Since both of them were eldest of the family, Sunggyu & Hoya got close real soon. Getting bored of the hyung-dul talk, Sungjong went to explore his surroundings. On the side-by tent, he heard some laughter. He was curious to know who was this carefree person who could laugh even in such situation so, he peaked inside a little. The only face he recognized was Mrs. Jang. He entered the tent and greeted, “Annyeong haseyo, ajumma!”

“Oh, annyeong dear! Come sit”. She patted a mat beside her. Out of eagerness, he asked, “What’s going on here?”

The boy in the front was saying something and everyone were laughing. Mrs. Jang kindly replied to him, “My son is telling some funny incidents that happened in his college.”

After listening for a while, Sungjong was laughing as well. The incidents were funny but the way he was talking, with so much excitement and his body languages, made everyone spellbound. His laughter was genuine which made all the people around smile along with him. He was a pure angel.

Being in the same neighborhood, Sungjong had seen Mrs. Jang’s son but not known him personally. Now he wanted to be acquainted to him closely. He approached the laughing man, “Hyung, that was really funny! I was laughing till tears were flowing from my eyes…keke. Hyung, would you like to join us for the lunch.”

“Sure, I would love to.”

“By the way, hyung, I am Lee Sungjong”. Sungjong forwarded his hand.

“Oh, Jongie-ah! You are so sweet. I am Jang Dongwoo.” They shook their hands firmly.

 


 

Hoya squinted his eyes when he saw his little brother coming in with some unknown person. Oblivious to his hyung’s questioning look, Sungjong cheerfully introduced, “Hyung, this is Dongwoo hyung. And Dongwoo hyung, they are Hoya hyung and Sunggyu hyung.”

While Dongwoo and Sungjong were talking about different stuffs here and there, laughing at times, Sunggyu and Hoya found it totally insensible. Feeling a bit annoyed, Sunggyu asked, “Um…Dongwoo-sshi, when people around are going through so much pain how could you even laugh?”

At this, Dongwoo coolly answered, “We don’t know when the end of our life is. With this earthquake it has become more uncertain so, let’s live our life to the fullest. And, moreover, I don’t think worrying about the situation will make it any better. Instead, it will make people mentally stressed out. You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give. Most people are paralyzed by fear. Overcome it and you take charge of your life and your World.”

Sungjong was very impressed with Dongwoo while Sunggyu remained silent, Hoya just nodded his head.

Mrs. Lee came with the snacks. Myungsoo & Sungyeol also joined them. Everyone was amazed by the super optimism of Dongwoo.

 


 

It had been three days since the first earthquake. Small quakes of 4-5 rectors had been hitting time & again so, they didn’t dare to go inside any house. People were feeling tired. Electricity was cut off. It was good from one point of view because electricity was very dangerous during such calamities but children were getting so bored since there was no means to distract them.

 


 

Mrs. Lee wanted to meet her parents. Although they had talked over phone and known that they were fine but still she wanted to see them personally. So, the whole Lee family decided to go visit them. As they were walking by, they saw many buildings badly damaged, roads were cracked at many places. Mrs. Lee kept her three sons close to herself and reminded them to remain safe. No any open spaces were unoccupied. There were tents all over.

When they reached there and met her parents, she felt a great relief. The Lee brothers were also glad to see their grandparents safe. They had also taken shelter in the nearby park. But this park was much bigger where more than 500 people could settle.

While they were on their way back home, suddenly people around started panicking and running to the open space. The Lee family were startled. Mr. Lee asked one of the passerby what was the fuss about. In the frightened mode, he screamed, ‘The earthquake is going to return in an hour! It will come back in higher rector than before! RUN!”

Seeing the about to collapse building around, Mrs. Lee wanted to reach their house as soon as possible since their area was safer than  here. But, Sungyeol told, “Umma, its not like they can predict the time and rector of the earthquake. The seismologists and scientists have told that since earthquake comes from the inner surface of the earth, its totally unpredictable. So, lets not run. It will create more havoc.”

Hoya added, “If they knew about this then, they would have made us alert before the first quake itself. Yeah, we must surely be cautious but not act irrationally. We should learn to respond to the situation, not react.”

Sungjong too was worried, “Yes, umma, let’s go fast to a safer place but not run.”

Mr. Lee was proud of his children. They have grown well. News spread slowly but rumors-they are wild fire. The rumors of quake returning which they had heard about 6 km away had reached their home place as well.

Myungsoo hurriedly came to Sungyeol to check if he was okay. “Hyung, are you okay? I was so worried when I heard that you had gone to your grandparents’ place. And, they were telling about the return of the earthquake. I was afraid that you would not make it in time. Thank God, you came back safely.”

This sweet concern made Sungyeol’s heart flutter. “We had not gone that far Myungie-ah. And, I don’t think the earthquake is going to return in the stated time as well.”

Myungsoo was blushing with the nickname. He liked it a lot. Little stammering he said, “Y..yeah.I too don’t think that it will ring the bell and come to us. But, I want to be with you when we face such situation from now on.”

Now it was Sungyeol’s turn to blush. He didn’t want it to be seen by other so, he shortly replied, “Sure” and turned around in the opposite direction.

But poor Myungsoo took it in other sense. He thought that he was being too greasy so, Sungyeol is annoyed with him now. He didn’t want his favorite hyung to be upset with him.

“Yeollie hyung!! Mianhae! Please don’t be angry with Myungiee!”, Myungsoo did his best aegyo with puppy eyes and sweetest voice. Hearing this, Sungyeol immediately turned around and regretted it a lot because his face was now as red as a tomato seeing the most adorable creature on this Earth.

“Yah, Myungie. Don’t try to kill me with your grease! I am not angry. And, what’s with Y..Yeollie hyung!”

“Hyung is not angry with me!!” Myungsoo hopped around happily.

Sungyeol wanted to hide in a big deep cave somewhere since people were looking at them. He quickly pulled Myungsoo by his arms. “Yah, Myungie, Sit down here.”  

                Myungsoo readily sat beside Sungyeol. “Neh, Yeollie hyung!”

“What’s with Yeollie hyung!”

“You gave me nickname so, I too want to give you a nick name. I am Myungie for you while hyung is Yeollie hyung for me”, Myungsoo stated seeming so proud of himself.

Later that night luckily there was electricity. Through news they came to know that the rumor at the day about returning of earthquake was made by two people who planned on robbery. Their intention was to make everyone run out of the house so that, they could easily steal the property. But their mission failed since many army officers reached out to the people and assured them that there is no authentic declaration about the rumor. Later on those culprits were caught by the police.

Gossips were going on around like how ridiculous the matter is. They were feeling disgusted by those thieves’ motive as how could they become so selfish. In this situation where people must be united and encourage each other, people should not have such kind of greed because when the world ends, what’s the use of all the wealth that we have accumulated throughout our life. 

 


 

Being happy about the comeback of the electricity, Sunggyu hurriedly charged his cell phone. When his cell became active again, he was shocked to see 52 messages and 96 missed calls. He was not over the confusion yet when his phone rang from the same number.

                “Yeboseyo”.

 


 

 

A/N: Any guesses who is the caller^^

By the way, what’s happening with our Infinite T.T No definite news about Woohyun, Yeol is having back pain, Hoya who can barely walk is performing >_< Their schedules are being postponed L

I am so worried for my poor babies. They definitely need some break.

Anyways, Happy #Inspirit4thBirthday! I am so glad to be an Inspirit & meet so many wonderful Inspirit chinggus (。♥‿♥。)