CHAPTER 12

Silver Lining

It had already been two weeks that the college re-started and two weeks since Sungyeol and Myungsoo had not talked with each other.

Sungyeol thought that Myungsoo’s mood swings needs to be controlled so, he didn’t want to pamper him as he always did. But he was hurting a lot inside since the other too didn’t try to make any communication. 

While Myungsoo thought that Sungyeol was too fed up to keep on dealing with him so, seeing at how angry he was that day, he would not like to be bothered at all. But his heart was feeling so heavy every time he thought of the person he loved. Yes, he loved his Yeolie hyung. At first he thought that it was just a pure admiration but as time passed he came to realize that he had actually fallen deep for the other person.

 

After the next week, Sungjong invited Sungyeol to a photo exhibition. At first he rejected the offer since the place where the exhibition was held was Woollim University which was the university Myungsoo attended. But Sungjong said that he wanted him to meet his now boyfriend, Minwoo. And since both of them are going there, it would be a nice excuse for the get together. So, finally he gave up because he knew that the maknae would persist him till he agrees on it anyway. He just wished that he would not have to face Myungsoo there.

So, now Sungjong, Minwoo and Sungyeol were walking side by side, more like the former two were walking hand-in-hand leaving Sungyeol behind. There were quite a few people gathered at the venue. Since Sungjong and Minwoo were lost after a few minute they got there, Sungyeol thought of wandering around the place by himself.

The exhibition was about the recent earthquake. There were so many photos of the people with various emotions. As he was moving inside, he heard some murmurs coming from behind. He turned back and noticed that some girls were pointing towards him and whispering something to each other. He knew that he was handsome and all but they didn’t have to point him out like that. So, he kept on moving forward. There were many photos depicting various emotions. There was an old woman with smile in her face seeing the kids playing. A young girl with tears in her eyes seeing the ruins of her house. A man holding his head while sitting in front of the half collapsed building. Volunteers helping the people to build the tents. Children being happy to receive the relief package distributed. People giving the warm smile to each other as if to encourage one another. The scenes were being more and more familiar and he was getting more and more emotional. But when he saw pictures of himself at different occasions like while laughing loudly at the joke a kid said, smiling warmly at the couple who offered them the lunch even in that situation, eating deliciously the plain ramyeon made by themselves, taking a nap due to excessive tiredness, staring at the view in front and so many pictures of him that were captured in the gallery, he was stunned. He had not noticed someone taking those pictures of him but knew for sure that it was the work of Myungsoo since he was the one who was holding the camera 24/7.

As he moved to the last frame, he knew why the girls were murmuring behind him. There was a huge picture of him smiling his gummy smile and below it was the caption “The most important person in my life, my Inspiration-Lee Sungyeol”

He was almost tearing up now and he was sure if he would stay here any longer, he would be a crying mess. He regretted for shouting at Myungsoo who treasured him so much. 

He felt guilty for not valuing the younger while the other gave the first importance to him. He felt so stupid right now so, he just did what he thought was the best, he RAN. But when he reached the front door, there was a small mass of students gathered. He thought that he would just get away from the side but when he heard the familiar voice, he stopped. He was like frozen in the ground.

One of them said, “We are so sorry Myungsoo for not acknowledging your capability before. You always were great photographer. You captured the views so good but we were simply blind to look over it. This time you have proved your ability. This collection is really daebak.”

Myungsoo chuckled a little. “Thank you hyung. But I would not have been able to do it if Yeolie hyung did not inspire me. As you know I always used to take shots of landscapes only and how no one appreciated it but Yeolie hyung suggested me to capture the emotions of the people. So, I just followed his direction. He truly is a great person, a great inspiration and very cheerful hyung who is like a vitamin for everyone.”

Sungyeol had his back turned to the group so, he was unnoticed until a girl screamed, “Lee Sungyeol! The guy in the big frame.”

Sungyeol just wanted to dig a hole for himself and bury there. People surrounded around him like he was some kind of celebrity. He didn’t know how to react to the situation. Students started to scream his name.

“Woah~ Oppa, you are so good in person.”

“Hyung, I heard that you are the main inspiration for this exhibition. You are really great.”

“Oppa, can we hang out some time.”

Sungyeol was panicking terribly so, Myungsoo soon came to the rescue and brought him out of the hall. He brought Sungyeol to the backyard of the school where there was no one.

Myungsoo was scared that now his hyung will never talk to him. He was angry with the younger from before but he just created more mess. And from the time he held his Yeolie hyung, he had not even uttered a single word.

“Hyung, I am sorry for the commotion.” Myungsoo said with his head down. “I guess you hate me more now”, Myungsoo mumbled but Sungyeol heard him clearly.

“Who said that I hate you, stupid.” Sungyeol screamed. His emotions were totally jumbled up.

Myungsoo was surprised to see his hyung shouting but he answered anyway, “You need not say that hyung. I can understand. You were not talking to me and now too you are angry with me.”

“I am not angry at you. I am annoyed at myself for ignoring you, for shouting at you. I am so dense.”

“No..no..hyung. Don’t blame yourself. I am the one who is at fault. I made you angry, I create a mess every time. That time too I yelled at Jongkook and quarreled with Suga. I was being so childish and could not control my feels. I did not want to see anyone with you, I don’t like when you gave more priority to others than me….” Myungsoo suddenly realized what he said so, he closed his mouth with his hand from spilling more beans. But Sungyeol was already smiling ear to ear.

“And why is that so? Tell me Myungie, why you don’t like me being with others except you? Were you being jealouuus?” Sungyeol was glad to see the blushing face of Myungsoo which he had missed so so much.

“Hyunggg~” Myungsoo was fully flustered now.

“Now you call me hyung! Have I lost my special place in your heart?” Sungyeol faked being hurt.

“NO. You are always the most special person to me, Yeolie hyung.” Myungsoo exclaimed.

It was being more interesting to see the cute Myungsoo feeling all jittery. Aw… how could he refrain himself from loving such a sweetie. Sungyeol regretted not sorting out the things beforehand. He realized that those were the most painful days in his life after meeting the younger and he was sure that he felt the pain because they had been too attached with each other in the short span of time.

“You still have not answered me Myungie. Why do you not like me talking to Gongchan or Jongkook or others who is not you.”

“Th..that…um…um..you will hate me if I tell you the reason.” Myungsoo was shifting his weight from one leg to another.

Sungyeol just could not bear to see this cute bundle of fluff so, he pulled Myungsoo towards him and urged him to say, “I assure you I will never be angry with you again. And stop thinking that I will hate you. Now tell me the real reason.”

Being so close to Sungyeol made Myungsoo breathless. His mind was completely blank. So, he could not hold it any longer. “Because I love you Yeolie hyung. You are the most important person to me in the entire universe.”

Sungyeol closed the distance between them as he pulled Myungsoo more and kissed him in the lips. Myungsoo didn’t know where he was, what was he even doing, the scent coming from Sungyeol was so addictive that he was completely lost at the moment.

“I love you too Myungie. You are the cutest and sweetest person I have ever met.” Sungyeol whispered in Myungsoo’s ear.

This gave goose bumps to him and he was as red as a tomato, probably more than that.

 

 

They came out of the college hand in hand gaining huge grin from Sungjong and Minwoo.

When Sungyeol saw his dongseang, he immediately hopped to him. “Where had you been? You left me on my own. Now you own me a triple scoop ice-cream!” Sungyeol pouted.

He was being so cute that the three person in front of him started cooing him as if they saw a 2 year baby trying to get the toy in front.

Myungsoo was so fascinated by him and saw only his brightness.

Sungjong would always love to see the cute side of his hyung.

And Minwoo was wondering if Sungyeol was the elder or the younger brother of Sungjong.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sunggyu, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungjong, Minwoo, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were enjoying their time at the small café, chatting happily, enjoying each other’s company. Few months back they were total strangers but now they had become inevitable part in one another’s life. Their family too had become closer. Now they knew everyone in their neighborhood, not only recognized them but knew what they did, who are in their family and all. The youth thought that though the disaster caused by the nature brought lots of mishaps and misery but it also brought the value of humanity and unity alive. They were glad that there was a silver lining even in the darkest cloud.

 

-THE END-

 


 

A/N: Thanks to all the precious people who supported the fic.by subscribing, upvoting, commenting or just being the silent reader. I am very grateful to you all /deep bows/. Hope to see you wonderful people in my other stories as well~

And, IEA gave us so many memories to cherish! Hwaiting for new album of INFINITE <3 <3