Chapter 9 ; "I'll be yours, and you'll be mine."

High School; Only Love

💯 Chapter 9 ; "I'll be yours, and you'll be mine."
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
     She suddenly covered his ears with her hand and said, "i like you." She then uncover her ears, & look away shyly. He suddenly smiled. She goes,"sorry, for liking you... because i like you.. i feel sorry." He goes, "pabo... did you really think i kiss you last time was for nothing?" Nari then look at him. He held her shoulders saying,"I... love you from the start already." Her eyes widen as he said that. She then asked,"why..?" He smiled responding, "it's because..." She was waiting for his responds, all of a sudden he kissed her right then. Nari was surprise and close her eyes tightly. 

    Nari and Sungjae walked side by side heading to Nari's house. Sungjae glance at her, and slowly held her without a word. Nari looked at him as he held tightly on her hand, she just shyly smiled. He said to her,"Nari-ah.." She responded,"yes..?" He goes,"you know how others call me Sungjae right?" She look at him nodding her head. He continues,"Well i want you to call me something else." Nari asked,"how will i call you then?" He goes,"call me your boyfriend from now on..." Nari looked up at him surprisingly. He looked at her expression and goes,"you don't want to?" Nari responded,"no.. it's not like that but why did you say it so... um.." He goes,"cheesy?" Nari nodded her head. He quietly laughed saying,"why? you don't like it too?" Nari responded, "you're not just cheesy, but too cheesy..." He goes,"well get use to it. We'll still have a long way. cause from now on, you're mine and i'm yours." She shyly smiled saying,"i..know..." 

    As they got to Nari's front door, Sungjae stops and held onto her hands saying,"sleep well, & come to school tmrw. i'll be waiting for you by the bus." She nodded her head saying,"ok." He goes,"cmon go inside first, then i'll leave." Nari responded,"ok, goodnight..." As she was about to walk to her door, Sungjae pull her back & hug her saying,"wait, just give me a moment..." She smiled & wrap her arms around him too. He then left home, as Nari went into her house. Nari walked up to her room, when she notice her mom wasn't home yet. She changed into her comfy outfit and waited for her mom in the living room. She waited for hours and hours. She sigh & goes,"mom should be home by now. Her shop should've been close 30 minutes ago. I think i should go check if she needs any help." She put on Sungjae's jacket & rushed to her mom's coffee shop. It was pretty close to their house. 

   As she got there, the store was pitch black but the entrance door was open. She walked inside calling her mom's name. All of a sudden, someone covered with a towel. Nari struggle to move, suddenly she fainted from the chemical that was on that towel. It was Nari's step dad, he found them. He carried her to the storage room at the back of the shop, as he opened the door. Nari's mom was in there all tied up, she screamed as she saw her daughter unconscious. She goes,"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!!!!!! YOU HEARTLESS MAN! I TOLD YOU NOT TO PUT HER IN THIS!!!" He responded, "I didn't, luckily she just came." He laid her on the ground and tied her feet together & her arms together. Nari's mom goes,"TAKE ALL THE MONEY, AND LET US GO!" He responded,"If i do that, i would so stupid of letting you take me to jail.!" He walked out of the storage room and locked it. After he took the money & some snacks, he shut the door & put the 'close' sign on. As he got out and close it. He tied the door together with chains & lock it with a heavy lock. He goes,"Starve yourself in there." 

   The next day, Sungjae waited for Nari at the bus stop like he said yesterday. He waited and waited, The bus was coming but she didn't come. He looked down the street and goes,"She said she'll come though..." The bus stops in front of him and he got on. Sungjae sat on the bus and called Nari, but there was no response. He goes,"i guess she has somewhere important to go..." The bus the left. Sungjae looked back at the street, but don't see her at all. 

   Nari finally woke up, seeing herself laying on her mom's leg. Her mom saw her waking up and goes,&"Nari-ah, are you okay?!" Nari saw herself all tied up along with her mom, she goes,"Mom, don't worry about me. i'm okay. Who did this? Don't tell me it's.. step dad?" Her mom responded,"it's your step dad. He wanted some food and money to go gambling. i refused so he did this. I told you not to worry about me. why did you come?" Nari goes,"mom, i only have you now. I don't want to lose you..." Her mom goes,"But i don't want to lose you with me. If i die, you'll survive... that's better then losing you." Nari shook her head saying,"mom, don't say that. I'll help us get out of here. Give your back to me, let me untie it." Her mom did as told. After her mom was untie, She untied Nari. Both of them untie their feet and break the lock on the storage door with a medal tool. As they got out, Nari's mom said to her, "Nari-ah, you go first." Nari goes,"no, mom. you & i have to go together." 

   Suddenly the step dad appeared saying,"die together you mean." Nari looked & saw her step dad holding a baby gun straight at them. Her mom covered Nari saying, "Shot me instead! And let my daughter go!"He smirked & responded,"Are you crazy?! I'm not stupid. If you two die together, less trouble will come to me. So prepared for your graves." As Nari's step dad press the trigger, Nari suddenly rushed to him grabbing his hand with the gun up. She pushed him against the wall yelling at her mom saying,"MOOM! HURRY & CALL THE POLICE!!! RUN AWAY!!!!" Her mom quickly called the police. Nari was able to held on her step dad's hand for long, They twist side to side, Her step dad tries to make Nari let go but she wouldn't. 

   Sungjae ends up rushing to where Nari and them are. He couldn't go to school without her, so he had no choice but to find where she was. As he got to the coffee shop, it was locked. Nari, and them looked at the door right then hearing someone is there. Nari kicked her step dad's knee and he fell onto the ground. Sungjae looked through the window and saw everything clearly in there. He looked to the side and saw Nari. He bang on the door as he saw Nari's step dad having a gun on him, while Nari tries to take it away. 

   Nari shout at her mom as she was trying to help. She goes,"MOOM!!! GO AWAY!! I WONT LOSE YOU!" Sungjae used all his power and broke through the door. Right when he got in, the bullet fire out. Sungjae shouted,"NARI-AH!" Nari and her step dad's eyes widen. Blood squirt at Nari and her step dad. Both of them drop the gun. All of a sudden, her step dad tilt over and fell flat on the ground. Nari looked at her mom and saw another gun in her hand. Sungjae looked at Nari's mom too and was shocked that it wasn't Nari who got shot. Nari fell on her , shockingly.  

   Nari's step dad slowly shut his eyes and went unconscious. Nari's mom goes,"Sorry, Nari... I can't let him do this to us any longer. Especially to you." Sungjae rushed to Nari saying,"Are you okay?" Nari looked at him and goes, "why did you come?! You're suppose to leave without me..." He suddenly hugged her saying,"I can't... i just can't. I knew something was up so i came to find you..." Nari's mom look at them and smiled saying in her head,"Nari, Now i won't worry about you anymore. You're all grown up now, and found a person who accepts you and love you... Mom is very sorry... but i'll be going now." Police rushed in, Sungjae then helped Nari up. Nari's mom goes,"I killed him cause he was trying to kill my daughter." Nari looked at her mom and goes, "mom! what are you doing?" The police hand cuff her mom saying,"You're under arrest for killing someone and using a gun without license." Nari held onto her mom's hands saying,"mom, what about me? Why are you leaving me?" Nari's mom grabbed Sungjae's hand and made him hold onto Nari's hand, she goes,"Nari-ah... You're all grown up now. You don't need me anymore. You're almost done with school and start your own life... Don't worry about me and worry about yourself. You've been through the most compare to me, this is what i have to do to help you.. Now, Sungjae is here to replace me. i know he'll take good care of you." 

   Ambulance came and took her step dad away. The police put Nari's mom in the car and took off. Nari cried and tries to chase after it. But Sungjae held her back saying,"Don't cry... It'll make your mom even more sad." 

   Nari sat on her bed and Sungjae came in with a bucket and a wet towel. He slowly wipe the blood away from her face. Nari's tears continues to drip down her face. Sungjae brush her long hair back and said to her,"i said don't cry..." Nari looked at him responding,"I can't stop it... My heart is really in pain." He set the towel down and goes,"but seeing you cry makes my heart hurt 100x more, do you know that?" Nari nodded her head saying,"ok, i'll stop crying since you say that..." She wiped away her tears. He smiled and continue to wipe away the blood stain on her with the wet towel. 

   Nari got done showering and came out of the bathroom drying her hair. She went to go looked for Sungjae, and she end up finding him cooking in the kitchen. She asked,"What are you doing..?" Sungjae looked at him and goes, "cooking..." She goes,"tsk. are you even good?" He nodded his head saying, "i'm pretty good. look, i'm making kimchi ramen noodle." Nari stood beside him and look at it. She smell it and goes,"woow, it smells good already." He looked at her saying,"of course it will, it's made of love." Nari pinch him saying, "a... stop it." He laughed and turned her facing him saying,"let me dry your hair for you." She nodded her head saying,"ok." She turn her back on him as he use the towel to dry her hair. He asked her,"Are you sure you're okay, living alone here?" She responded,"yea, i'm gonna be okay." He goes,"Want me to join you?" She turned facing him and punch his shoulder saying,"yah! We're still young... no, i don't need you here." He laughed saying,"why? You scare?" She goes,"scare..? scare of what?" He went closer to her face saying, "a... you already know." Nari push him back saying,"Yah! Stop it and watch your food before it overcook." He just quietly laugh and stir his food.

   D.O sat in his dance room all sweaty and tired. His expression wasn't good. He couldn't get a reach of Nari at all. He checked his phone every sec but no response. He blast on 'Love Me Right' & dance to it. After finishing that song, His phone rung. He quickly check it and it was Nari. He sat down & answered it. Nari stood outside the porch calling him. She goes,"I saw your miss calls, what is it?" H suddenly smiled saying,"I was just worried. cause i didn't see you at school." Nari responded,"oh.. sorry. I have something urgent to do that's why. Nothing important." He goes,"ah.. I see.. Um.. Can i see you tmrw morning at the school front door?" She responded,"ok, cool." D.O smiled and goes,"ok, good night then. sweet dreams." She responded,"you too..." The both hung up. 

   D.O's smile finally appeared big. Kai walked into the dance room, he's in saying,"a... What are you smiling so big about?" D.O saw him and stood up saying,"oh annyeong. It's nothing, i'm just in a good mood." Kai asked,"Did you just got done talking to Mari?" He responded,"She's Nari..." Kai got confused and goes,"What..? you have a new one?" D.O giggled saying, "no, she's the same person. It's a long story..." Kai nodded his head saying, "ah.. really? But from looking at your expression, do you like her that much? Are you gonna break the dating ban?" D.O goes,"a... no." Kai smiled saying,"it's okay, i'll keep it a secret for you. Just between u and me." They both just stood there and laugh.

   Sungjae came out to the porch saying,"Who was it?" She responded, "D.O oppa..." He goes,"what..? oppa? yah! Why don't you call me oppa too? And beside why are calling him?" She responded,"it's because we're pretty close, and for you.. um.. i just can't. I called him cause.. yah! Why do i have to tell you? Are you my dad?" He goes,"i'm your boyfriend, that's why." Nari goes, "What..? When did i accept you to be my boyfriend?" She just laughed and walked into the house. He followed her in saying,"YAH! We already kissed! Doesn't that mean anything?!" 
 
   It was getting late, Nari walked Sungjae out of the house. He looked at asking,"Are you sure about staying alone?" She the nodded her head smiling and responded,"yea.. I'm fine. Hurry, and go." Sungjae held her hands saying, "are you sure you're gonna go school tmrw?" She nodded her head saying, "yes, don't worry. i promise." He goes,"Do you want me to wait for you?" She shook her head saying,"no, dont. i have something to do in the morning." He responded,"ah.. ok. Then see you tmrw." She nodded her head,"ok. bye..." He then walked down the street, and left home. Nari went and checked her mail. As she got her mail and walked back inside her house. She checked and saw that she received a plane ticket to Jeju Island. She sigh and goes,"This is why i can't... be yours.. I'm gonna be gone soon and start my own path. I don't want to be a wall that always block your way. I like you... that's why i'm sorry... sorry that .. i can't love you like that... I don't... have the confident after everything.. that you saw and deal with... And that's.. why i don't want you to wait for me anymore. Cause.. i know i won't be there... sorry...Sungjae-ah..." Tears slowly drip down her face as she look at her plane ticket. 

   She walked into her room and took out her suitcases. She walked to her closet and put all of her clothing into her suitcase. She walked into her mom's room and took the things that were precious as memories. She pull out a photo frame of her and her mom and sat on her mom's bed saying,"mom, I'm leaving soon. I promise i'll be a good person and pay back all the things you did to me..." 
   
   She cleaned the whole house all night long, and cover all the furnitures in white cloths. She took out the boxes of things she need and want outside, along with her suitcases. It was already 6:30am by then. Nari didn't sleep at all. Suddenly a van stops in front of her, She looked and Se7en came out of the car saying,"Nari-ah, Are you all set?" Se7en was Nari's long lost sunbae from her old school. Even though Nari never talk or hang with him, he always took good care of her back. 

   Se7en carried her boxes and suitcases into the van. After that he went to her saying,"Are you sure about leaving?" Nari took a deep breath responding,"yea, i'm sure... But sunbae, can you take me to school to do something first?" He nodded his head saying,"sure." He got in the car first. Nari look back at the house and goes,"The house me and my mom lives in... bye.." She then got in the van, as they leave. Nari looks back at the house sadly. 

   As Sungjae got to school, he happily waited for Nari down the street near the school. The van Nari was in, drove past him. It was like a slow motion. Sadly, they both didn't see each other. The van then parked in front door of the school, Nari said to Se7en,"sunbae.. you can wait for me down the street. i'll make it quick." Se7en nodded his head saying,"don't worry.. i can wait long.." She nodded her head and walked to the school. As Se7en left with the car. She sigh and goes,"how many people am i gonna make them wait.. just because of me..?"  

   Suddenly D.O called her name. Nari looked and saw him standing by the entrance door like he said yesterday. She slowly walked to him. As she got to him, D.O notice she's not wearing her uniform. He asked,"Why aren't you wearing you uniform..?" She took a deep breath saying,"I'm leaving..." He goes,"why? Tell me why?.." She held his hand saying,"sorry... I can't answer that... Oppa.. thanks... thanks for being nice to me, making me laugh, making me smile all the time, but... sorry.. for not being able to accept you feelings.." As she let go of his hand, he goes,"why..? why all of a sudden? I still have a lot of things to tell you.!" Students started to whisper around after seeing Nari not in her uniform and the accident yesterday was on tv. She suddenly put her cap on to hide her face, D.O suddenly grabbed her hand and pull her somewhere else. They went heading Sungjae's direction, while Sungjae was heading their way. But Sungjae accidentally dropped his box of chocolate, as he went to pick it up. Nari and D.O then walked pass him without realizing it was him. Nari's face was cover so she couldn't really see. As they went by, Sungjae stood up again and walked towards the school. 

   D.O and Nari then stood down the street. He asked,"why..are you like this?" Nari looked down saying,"sorry... i can't tell you.." He goes,"why can't you?" Her eyes got watery and she reaponded,"just..only this one that i can't tell you. i've always told you many things... but not..not this one.. sorry." He took a deep breath saying,"i'll wait for you to return..." Nari looked up at him saying, "no, don't.. I really don't want anyone to wait for me anymore. I really hate that. Oppa, listen to me.. I don't know when i'll be back.. So don't wait.. You're gonna be an idol soon... Just focus on that and your fans, clear me out of your life. It's the best for you..." His eyes got watery as he look at her. Nari forced a smile on her face saying,"i'll be your fan... from far distance. Soon i'll see you on tv and online." She stick her right hand out for a hand shake saying,"i wanna say a early congrat to you." D.O put a smile on his face and shook her hand saying,"and... i'll wait for you still.. even if it takes years. Please don't stop me from that." Nari then goes,"I'll be going now...oppa..." She turned and walk away, not looking back at him. She said in her head as she leaves,"Oppa, sorry... and thanks for everything..." 

    She got in the car and Se7en asked her,"Are you sure of leaving now?" Nari thought for a bit and look at the school. She looked at him saying,"oppa, sorry. i still wanna see one last person." Se7en then nodded his head saying,"ok, go then." Nari rushed out of the van.

    Sungjae still waiting for her by the front door. Everyone was in class already, but him. Since Nari already promise him, she won't break it. Sungjae checked his time and goes,"is she running late? is she sick?" He looked both direction, see her no where. Suddenly after few seconds, he saw Nari running towards his direction. He shouted,"YAAH! Nari! Hurry up!" As Nari got to him, Sungjae goes,"where's your uniform?" Nari took some deep breath after running and responded,"Sungjae-ah.. i'm... sorry for coming late." He responded,"it's ok, you already came.. cmon let's go to class." As he was about to grab her hand, she moved it away. Sungjae look at her saying,"Are you okay?" Nari took a deep breath saying,"Sungjae-ah... i'm sorry... i couldn't tell you yesterday cause i was scare.. scare of how you would react... but.. i.." He interrupted saying,"Don't tell me you're leaving..!" Nari looked down responding,"sorry.." He looked away saying,"Where!?" Nari answered,"sorry... i can't tell you..." He held onto her shoulders tightly and shake her saying,"WAE?!! Why you leaving suddenly?! I already told you, that I will stay with you!!!" Her tears shed down her face and she goes,"Sorry... i just can't accept your feelings. I'm.. not the one you should be looking after anymore. I'm a bad person.. can you hear that?! I'M A BAD PERSON!" He let go of her & goes,"Go! Go then! Disappear from me, before i go crazy! I SAID GOO AWAY!!!" Nari turned and walked away covering from crying. Sungjae just watch her walk away, Suddenly his tears drip down his face as he fell on his knee. He repeatedly said her name as he cried. Nari forced herself not to look back and continue walking away. She said in her head,"Sungjae-ah... i'm a very bad person.. sorry."