Chapter 13 ; "Why come back..?"

High School; Only Love

💯 Chapter 13 ; "Why come back..?" 
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
    Suddenly a teen from that group pull her cap off, and her shade fell off along. Sohee was shocked. Everyone looked, includes Sungjae and Jackson. 
Nari accidentally faced them and they all saw her face. Sungjae's eyes were wide open, surprise to see Nari in front of his eyes. Her hair flow in the air as she turned around facing them. 
    
   Those group of teens were surprise how pretty she was too. One of them handed back her cap saying,"Sorry... for thinking that you're a celebrity. But you're quite pretty..." Nari put on her cap and walked out of the shop. Everyone around capture some nice shots of her. They were amazed how pretty she was too. They whisper around saying,"She might not be an idol, but she will be after we post this on SNS..." 

  Sohee said to Sungjae,"sorry... Nari didn't want me to tell you. cause she know you'll react like that." Sungjae quickly grabbed her shade she dropped and rushed out of the shop.  Jackson asked Sohee,"who is she?" Sohee goes,"After i tell you, you won't be able to hit on her anymore." Jackson responded,"of course, i won't cause i have you." SoHee goes,"tsk, quick dreaming." Jackson goes,"Is she Sungjae's ex?" Sohee goes,"No, but they use to like each other a lot in high school.."

   Nari walked down the street, covering her face from others. Suddenly Sungjae rushed behind her and turned her around holding onto her arm. Nari was surprised by that and look up to see who it was. Both of them suddenly made eye contact. Nari's eyes widen as she saw him. 
 
   Nari goes,"Let go.. Let go of me!" Sungjae held onto her shoulders saying, "Why?! Why come back now?!! HUH?!" Nari responded,"Sorry if you don't want to see me back! But i just...i just..." Sungjae shouted,"WHY?! huh?! I've been going crazy for this long, and when i'm finally settled down. you're gonna come back like nothing happen?!" Nari's tears drip down her face as she said to him,"You think you were the only one who's in pain...?! Am i a person with no heart? I'm also a human like you too." Sungjae goes,"No, you're not a human being but... an evil monster." Nari made him let go and she suddenly slaps him right then and goes,"yea.. you're right. Now that i know i'm an evil monster. Thanks for telling my truth self. i won't have any shame anymore." Nari turned and walked away. Sohee and Jackson came at the right timing where Nari slaps him. They both were shocked too. Sungjae felt his cheek as he look at her go. 

   Sohee said to Jackson,"I don't think it's a good time to talk to Sungjae right now... He needs to calm down first." Jackson goes,"you're right... Do you wanna go on a mini date?" Sohee looked up at him saying,"That's not what i mean though." Jackson suddenly held her hand and pull her away.

   Nari got back to her college. She sat on a bench by the front door in the rain alone crying to herself. Sungjae came and saw her. He hid by the corner of a wall and watch her. Suddenly he saw a man approaching Nari. It was Se7en, he suddenly went on one of his knee and reach out one of his hand to feel Nari's cheek. Sungjae was a bit surprise when he saw that and wondered who he was. 

   Nari looked and saw Se7en. Her tears drip down her face even more after seeing him. Se7en hugged her right then saying,"Don't cry..." Sungjae seeing Nari crying in Se7en's arms made him felt a bit bad. He turned away, trying not to watch them. But the moment he looked back, Nari and Se7en already walked towards their car. He looked and saw them getting in the same car. He said in his head,"They must... be really close... or they must be dating." Sungjae look at the bench she sat at saw something shiny on the seat. He went to it and check it out. He grabbed it and notice that it was a necklace saying 'Najae' on a heart. He goes,"What is this..?" He puts it in his pocket and walk away. 

  Nari changed her outfit and went to bed. Se7en came in with a wet warm towel, as he sat beside her bed, he goes,"Why did you cry..?" Nari responded, "Something... Sunbae, I'm a real evil monster huh? For leaving the people i love behind for years and coming back like nothing happen..." Se7en felt her forehead and responded,"no... you're not an evil monster... They just don't know the real reason behind it.. I would be angry too if i don't know, but maybe after hearing the..reason.. i would understand." Nari close her eyes saying,"That's just a maybe though..." Se7en said to her,"Don't think too much.. look, you're getting a fever already." He place the towel on her head and goes,"Rest and i'll check on you tmrw..." Nari nodded her head. Se7en then walked out of the room. As he close the door, he sigh and goes,"I can't tell her today... She's already in stress right now... Maybe another time." 

  Sungjae came out of the shower and put his body towel on. He looked at himself in the mirror and goes,"was i being too harsh?" He then walked into his walk-in closet and pick out his sleeping wear. He saw his jacket and took the necklace out of it. He looked at her and goes,"Is this possible to be saying Nari and Sungjae? or am i just being too selfish here?.." He changed and set the necklace beside his bed on the table. He lay on his bed and turn on his phone. Th moment he turned it on, you could see Sungjae & Nari's selca right there on his lock screen. He look at the photo and sigh. 

  Se7en drove Nari to college the next day, as they both got out of the car. He asked her,"Are you sure you're gonna be fine?" Nari nodded her head saying, "Yea... i'll call you if i'm not feeling good." Se7en felt her head and goes, "you're still burning though... Just make sure to drink a lot of water. Call me right away if you feel dizzy." Nari nodded her head. Se7en then fix her cap for her. Students walk by, looking at them. whispering around saying, 'look at them, they must be a couple.' , 'Look at him taking care of her.' , 'I want a boyfriend like him too.' , 'wow, i envy that girl' & more. Sungjae came out of his car and saw them from afar. He turned and walk away. 

   Sohee saw Nari and went to her saying,"Nari-ah!" Nari and Se7en looked at her as she rushed to them. Nari smiled as she came. Sohee greeted Se7en and Nari introduced her saying,"Sunbae.. this is my friend Sohee..." Se7en smiled and greeted Sohee. Sohee greeted him shyly. Se7en said to Nari,"just remember to call me later in case. I'll pick you up later." Nari responded,"ok.." As he left, Sohee asked Nari,"Is he your new boyfriend? wow, he's quite tall and handsome." Nari responded,"no... he's just my sunbae." Sohee goes,"ah.. i see. But why do you look so sick? Look at your face, it's so pale." Nari goes, "yea... i'm not feeling good but i'm fine right now." Sohee held onto her arm saying,"i'll guide you into the building then." Nari smiled and they both walked away.

   Se7en stops and parked by the grave hard. He opens his back trunk and took out some beautiful bundle of flowers. He close his trunk and walked to a grave stone. He set the flower on the grave stone and goes,"Sorry... Nari's mom..." Nari's mom passed away from suiciding in jail 3 years ago, 5 days after Nari left to Jeju. Se7en went on his knee and goes,"i just can't tell her yet... i'm scare.. scare that she'll be in a deep depression... I don't want to see her cry anymore. But i know that i have to tell her sooner or later. Mrs.Lee... don't worry.. you'll be able to see Nari very soon..." 
   
   Nari walked into the studio room and sat down on the couch. C. Kwang Jun handed her the lyric sheet and goes,"continue to practice this same song from yesterday." Nari responded,"ok, i understand..." Nari stood in the recording room and put her head phone on. As the song starts, she started to sing along. C. Kwang Jun then smiled nodding his head with the beat. He then stops the music and said to her,"You just need to put more feeling into the song. It's a heart broken kind of song... Put all your pain into this song. Cry if you have to." Nari goes,"okay, i got it..." He goes,"ok, starting from the beginning again..." The music starts again. Nari started to think of all of the memories of her and Sungjae. The thing she miss and the word he said to her. C. Kwang Jun could see her eyes watery. He said to himself,"this is going good, she's putting her feelings into this song right now." 

  Sungjae suddenly came in and talked with C. Kwang Jun in the middle of Nari's recording. Sungjae asked to him,"Are you recording with a student?" C. Kwang Jun responded,"yea, and she's right there singing right now. isn't she good?" Sungjae looked and saw Nari, his eyes widen. C. Kwang Jun goes,"i told her to put all her feelings into this song. Just loook at her, she's crying right now and it's making me feel the pain of this song." Sungjae asked him,"can she see us?" C. Kwang Jun answered,"no... We can only see her. This kind of glass we use is a special kind. It'll make them less nervous if they don't see us looking straight at them.." As the song almost ending, Sungjae looked at her and could see Nari sweating a lot from her face. He goes,"C. Kwang Jun, i don't think she's feeling well..." C. Kwang Jun looked at Nari closely and goes, "you're right..." Suddenly C. Kwang Jun stops the music and goes,"Nari, Are you sick..?" Suddenly Nari fell & fainted on the ground. 

   Sungjae and C. Kwang Jun rushed into the recording room. Sungjae carried Nari up and exit out of the studio. C. Kwang Jun followed behind saying,"let's take her to the nurse room. Nari lie her head on him unconscious, he glance at her every second, worried to death. He said in his head,"Nari-ah, you're gonna be okay now. I'll get you check up right now." 

   He lie her on the nurse bed, the nurse came to them and said,"You guys can waited out there. I'll need to check her up." C. Kwang Jun & Sungjae walked out of the nurse room. C. Kwang Jun asked Sungjae,"You know Nari, huh?" Sungjae goes,"yea..." C. Kwang Jun goes,"Do you like her or what?" Sungjae responded,"i don't know.... do i?" C. Kwang Jun patted his shoulder,"looking at that expression, i know you do. Sungjae-ah, don't wait to long lying to yourself that you don't before it's too late. Girls... don't wait forever you know."  Sungjae forced a smile on saying,"thank you for your words..." 

   Suddenly Sungjae saw Se7en rushing towards them. Se7en asked C. Kwang Jun saying,"Is Nari in there?" C. Kwang Jun answered,"yea.. and you are?" Se7en greeted them saying,"I'm Se7en, Nari's sunbae..." The nurse came out and goes,"Who's called Se7en?" Se7en responded,"that's me.." The nurse goes, "ah... you're the one who call. I was the one who answered your call, you can take Nari home to rest." Se7en goes,"okay... Thanks for answering her phone..." Se7en turned to C. Kwang Jun and said,"you must be Nari's music trainer. It seems to be that Nari has to go home for the day..." C. Kwang Jun responded,"I'm fine with it. My student's health goes first." Se7en then walked into the nurse room. Sungjae watch him walked into the nurse room. 

   C. Kwang Jun looked at Sungjae's eyes and whispered to him saying,"see, what i say..." Sungjae looked at him and didn't know what to say. They both then saw Se7en carrying Nari out. Students around saw and made way for them to go by. They all said around , 'omo...this is like a kdrama in real life.' , 'That man is a real man.' , 'i want to have a boyfriend like hers.' & etc. Sungjae said in his head after hearing those words from others,"tsk. couple.. my ." C. Kwang Jun pulled Sungjae away saying,"Seems like she already got a person to take care of her." Sungjae tries to shake that off from his shoulder by saying,"well i still have tons of girls too..." 

   Se7en sat her on the passenger seat and buckle her up. As he pull the seat belt across from her and seat belt her, Nari's head tilt forward a bit & suddenly peck her lip on his cheek. Se7en looked at her surprisingly. Se7en then slowly lower the back part of her seat. After that he drove off. 

  Sohee saw Sungjae & Jackson walking down the hallway and she asked him,"Do you guys see Nari..?" Sungjae responded,"you don't need to find her anymore..." Sohee goes, "Yah! Why? Sungjae-ah.. Even though you hate her, please... don't make her go away. She's my friend and i know what she's going through." Sungjae goes,"i know. What i mean by that is that she already left home. Her boyfriend took her home." Sohee cross her arms saying, "ah.. right. I forgot.. she was not feeling well. Her boyfriend must have picked her up and went to go take care of her nicely at home aLONe." She then walks away. Sungjae goes,"aishh...you." Jackson said to Sungjae,"bro, ima go with her. bye. see you later!" Jackson then ditch him for Sohee. Sungjae goes,"WHAT ABOUT OUR GAME?!" Jackson responded back,"tmrw!" 

   Nari woked up as they were heading home. Se7en looked at her saying, "How you feeling?" Nari responded,"tired..." Se7en felt her forehead saying, "you're still burning up." Nari then asked him,"How did you know?" Se7en responded,"i called you... and the nurse answered. so i came right then." Nari goes,"ah... i see." 

    Sungjae went to play basketball with his friends. As they were playing, So Young and her crew came to watch. They're a group of cheerleaders, while So Young is like the top leader of them. 

   As So Young walks to Sungjae handing him a energy drink, Sungjae's friends surrounded him & started teasing him around. So Young handed him the drink saying,"please...enjoy this." Sungjae grabs it & responded,"ah..thank you."  So Young smiled & said to him,"When your game starts tmrw.. i'll be the first to call your name... Can i call you oppa?" Sungjae responded,"ah.. call me oppa? um.. sure. i don't mind." Suddenly the others followed along saying,"me too. me too. i want to call you oppa too!!" Sungjae scratch his head nervously, looking back at his friends. His friends saw him and went to them saying,"us too. call us oppa too!" Those girls backed away from Sungjae, trying to get away from Sungjae's friends. Sungjae quietly laugh and his friends took him away with them. 

   Nari laid on her side, sleeping under her white blanket. Se7en quietly came in with a glass of water & pills. He sat beside her and said,"eat your medicine first." Nari slowly sat up, Se7en then fix her pillow for her back. He handed the pills to her, she swallow it with water after. Nari said to him,"sorry for bothering you.... i should really take good care of myself and not distract you..." Se7en smiled as he remove her hair from her face and said,"it's okay... I'm willing to help you the best i can." Nari sigh and said,"but.. i never dine anything to you."  Se7en goes,"you did do something to me.. which is.. you make me smile and make me feel like i have a close friend." Nari smiled saying,"that's a relief..." He said to her,"rest today and tmrw. I already told your music trainer that you're staying in tmrw." Nari nodded her head,"okay..." He then walked out of her bedroom.

   Nari took out her phone and message Sohee saying,"chingu-ah... sorry. I wasn't feeling good so i left home. I will also not be there tmrw too. see you another day. saranghae!" Sohee recieved the message and replied,"ah.. okay. Don't worry about me. Rest a lot and come back when you feel better. Hwaiting chingu! saranghae!" Nari saw it and smiled. She puts her phone away & lay down again. Suddenly she got a call, she checked it & its from Sungjae, her eyes widen. She sat up and answered it. Sungjae goes,"YAH! can you answer your phone faster?" Nari goes,"sorry... i was still resting." He shouted, "How long will you rest, huh?! Well aren't you gonna thank me?" Nari goes, "For what..?" Sungjae responded,"for.. carrying you to the nurse." Nari goes, "What.?! you.. what.?!" Sungjae responded,"yes, i was the one who carried you out of the recording room all the way to the nurse room." Nari said to him, "Ah... really? then Thanks... for that." He goes,"THAT'S ALL I GET? thanks?" Nari asked,"then... what do you want?" He goes,"um... i want... you to meet me tmrw morning before your class start." Nari responded,"no.. i can't.." He responded,"why.? are you scare that your boyfriend will find out?" Nari felt a bit mad about that and responded,"yes. you're right." She then hung up on him. He goes,"YAH! you there..? You hung up?! aish.." Nari put her phone on silent and went to sleep, angrily saying in her head,"If all he say is that then i won't talk to him..." 

   Sungjae tried calling her again but she didn't answer him anymore. So Young then came to him as he was sitting at a bench outside the building. She goes, "oppa... what are you doing here?" He looked at her saying,"Oh nothing... i was just waiting for my ride. sit." So Young then sat beside him blushing. He asked her,"Why are you still here?" So Young responded,"ah... i was also waiting for my ride. My car broke down so my mom has to pick me up. Don't you drive too?" He answered,"yes, i do. it's the same reason as yours." So Young looked away shyly and said in her head,"wow. we're meant to be." She turned and face him asking,"oppa... Do you have a girlfriend?" He goes,"yes." So young's heart suddenly drop. She asked calmly saying,"you're lying... who is she then? how come i never saw her with you?" Sungjae goes,"you will.. pretty soon." Sungjae stood up saying,"my ride is here. annyeong." So Young responded,"ah.. annyeong oppa..." As he left, she suddenly stump her foot saying,"no!... It can't be. i've been liking him for the longest now. no b**ch can take him from me." So Young's cute image suddenly changed to an evil image right there.

   The next day Sungjae waited for Nari at the front door. He walked back & forth a couple times, then Jackson & Sohee came to him. Sohee asked him, "Who are you waiting for? Nari?" Sungjae responded,"psh... no." Sohee smirked and goes,"ah... really? Well just letting you know that Nari won't come." Sungjae asked right then saying,"why?!" Sohee crossed her arms saying,"but you said you're not waiting for her. why are you so curious?" He responded,"yah... Hurry, tell me." Sohee goes,"Then admit that you are really waiting for her." Sungjae took a deep breath & answered,"yes, i am. now tell me." Jackson goes,"wooow... My bro is his game on." Sohee punch His shoulder saying,"yah! be quiet..." Sohee then said to Sungjae,"She's out sick today..." Sungjae asked,"Do you know where she lives?" Sohee answered,"no, why? You're gonna go see her?" He shook his head saying,"no.. i was just asking..." Jackson started to poke Sungjae & saying,"wow.. my bro likes someone..." Sungjae goes,"aishh... stop it."

   Sohee then said to Sungjae,"yah.. Sungjae-ah.. i have something to say." He goes,"what is it?" Sohee goes,"Nvm.. forget it. you're just take it uselessly..." Sungjae said to her,"Why would i do that? huh? cmon tell me." Sohee goes, "you know.. really Nari didn't want me to tell you that she was out sick. but i did.. you know why?" Sungjae asked,"why then...?" She responded,"Cause i want you to to know the reason why she didn't want me to." He suddenly thought back to yesterday how after he said,("why.? are you scare that your boyfriend will find out?!") Sohee said to him,"it's because you're always putting her mood down. i know you're mad at her for leaving you behind for years but... she's actually coming back to pay back the things she did. Don't you know what happen to her mom? Don't you know what happen to her dad? They're not with her. She's alone like an abandoned child by the street. She left to Jeju Island for a reason.. Do you know what it is? the reason is because she's scare... scare that she'll just be like a wall standing in your way, not letting you see any light. she likes you a lot... to the point she has to escape from it. Right now i know you're wondering why she's back... but sorry, you have to ask her yourself. I know.. that you still have her in your heart. i hope you two can settle things back together..." She then walks into the building. Jackson patted Sungjae's shoulder saying,"what she said was correct. If you really love her, settle things like a man." Jackson then followed Sohee after. Sungjae sat down on the bench and sigh. He said in his head, "ah.. i guess that's why she hung up quickly..." 

   Nari cough and cough as she sleeps. Se7en rushed in to check on her. As he got to her bed, he saw Nari sweating & can feel herself burning up. Se7en was shocked & goes,"Nari-ah! can you hear me?" Nari didn't respond. He quickly took off his sweater and put it on her. He carried her up and rushed to the hospital right then. 

   As Se7en got her to then hospital, the nurse stroll her away. Making him wait outside the guest spot. Se7en walk back & forth, worried to death about Nari. 20 minutes pass, the nurse came out and told him,"Your person here have chronic illness... A way of her getting is that is from depression that happens daily for her. Herself have became weaker and weaker by days & it can lead her to getting sick easily." After the nurse said that and left. Se7en went to check on her in the patient room. He saw her unconscious on the bed. Se7en walked up to her, and sat beside her. He sigh & felt her cheek with his left hand saying,"i guess... all these years you were in deep pain, not wanting to tell anyone but yourself. can i be the one who will bring your happiness back?"