Chapter 7 ; "Do you hate me?"

High School; Only Love

💯 Chapter 7 ; "Do you hate me?"
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
      D.O suddenly hugged her saying,"give me just a moment..." Nari was a bit surprise. Sungjae came down the street and saw. The things Gayeon said to him repeated in his head saying 'she set up everything to get you & D.O. Her name is Nari, not Mari...' Sungjae look away & sigh. 

     The next day as Nari attended to school, she saw Sungjae walking down the street ahead of her. She rushed to him saying his name, but he didn't look at her nor responded. Nari thinks he just couldn't hear her. She went beside him saying,"Did you not hear me? i call your name loud though..." Sungjae put his headphone on and walks away from her. Nari followed him saying,"yaa... what's wrong..?" As she was about to grab his arm, he push her hand away and look at her with a serious face. Nari look at him saying,"Did i do something wrong? why are you acting like this?" Sungjae said to her,"Don't touch me, don't talk to me, don't say my name, don't act like you know me anymore." He then walks away. Nari stood there, completely sad and confused. Gayeon walked to her and goes,"does it hurt? seeing someone you trust, don't care about you anymore?" Nari looked at Gayeon & goes,"Did you say something to him?" Gayeon smirked and responded,"Did i? i don't know, you tell me." Gayeon then walks away laughing. 

    As Nari was walking to class, she saw Sungjae walking by. As he can closer to her, and as she was about to say his name. He just ignored her like she wasn't there and walk pass her. Nari stops and watch him walk off. She sigh and walk into her class. D.O saw the whole scene from the classroom window and thought in his head,"what's with them?" Nari came and sat in her seat and put her head down. D.O turned and face her asking,"are you okay?" She sigh and responded,"Am i..? i don't know." D.O patted her head softly saying, "but whatever that is bugging you, i'm always here to listen..." She sat up and look at him asking,"why..are you so nice me?" D.O smiled and responded,"cause i want to..." Nari smiled a little saying,"ah..really..?" 

   Suddenly students walked in staring at Nari, and pointing at her saying, "Is this really her? wow, they really look alike." Nari look around and saw many eyes on her. Seeing every whisper and looking at her. Sohee walked to her and place a paper on her seat saying,"look at this." Nari look at it and her eyes suddenly widen. She crumple the paper and rushed out of the classroom to find Gayeon. She finally saw Gayeon down the hall, she went to her and threw the paper at her face saying,"WHO ARE YOU?!" Gayeon smirked and goes, "Nari-ah, just accept the truth now." Nari shouted,"WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING ME NARI?!" Gayeon responded,"Nari-ah, stop pretending now. Just because i expose your true dirty self. You're gonna act like this?" D.O finally got to them and watch what's going on. Nari goes,"WHAT?! What are you talking about?" Gayeon goes,"Just because you transfer from our old school and change your name and everything, it won't hide your dirty identity for long.  stop acting like the main girl from a drama and accept the fact that you're just a at the strip club." Nari goes,"Why are you saying things that are not true? Gayeon goes,"they're true. you have no proof that they're not true." Nari hesitated to respond to that. Suddenly bunch of girls push her, surrounding her to a tight corner. D.O quickly sqeezed in and blocked Nari right then yelling, "STOP IT RIGHT NOW! before i send all of y'all to Teacher Oh." They backed away and Gayeon goes,"You don't believe me?" D.O responded,"no, i don't believe it." He then grabbed Nari's hand and pulled her away. Gayeon watch them go & said,"Tsk, i don't care too. Cause i already made Sungjae stop caring about you." 

    Nari stops walking as they got outside the school, her tears shed down her face. D.O look at her and goes,"Why are you crying? you did nothing wrong." She looks on the ground saying,"I'm mad at myself..." D.O suddenly held on her shoulders saying,"Look at me... you're the innocent one. i don't believe in those things." Nari look up at him with teary eyes and said to him,"Can i tell you something...?" He nodded his head. Nari goes,"to be honest... before coming here, i got into a car accident and lost my memories... Right now, i don't remember a thing about what happened in the past." He then said to her, "but still.. even though you don't remember. i know you're not like that." Nari burst into tears saying,"How would you know that?! I don't even know myself anymore. what if it's true..." D.O hugged her saying,"Don't believe in it, just believe what i say. if i say it's not true, then it's not." Sungjae just watch Nari getting hugged by D.O from the rooftop. He said in his head,"Mari-ah..Sorry." 

    Suddenly Nari's mom rushed to school, after the school called her in. She went into the Teacher Oh's office & asked,"What's wrong with my daughter?" Teacher Oh responded,"There seem to be a rumor about her. It's about her past school, and her name changing." Nari's mom was surprise and goes, "What?" Teacher Oh goes,"since you're her mom, you should know. i'm asking you to be honest with me & tell me about Mari's past.." She sigh and honestly told Teacher oh everything saying,"My daughter real name is Nari. Not too long ago, she got into a car accident. After that she lost her memories, till now. After that I finally realize i wasn't being a good mother to her. not watching over her good, making her do things on her own. I felt very sad & disappointed in my self. She have been telling me, she was receiving harsh message from people, as i checked who it was. It was people from her old school. They were messaging her telling her to die and all. So i transfer her here, & changed her. Making her seem like a whole new person. I don't want my daughter to know about this, cause it'll bring her more stress. But i guess i was wrong, right now i have a feeling that the one who was bullying my daughter is here at this school. My daughter have been bullied and hit ever since middle school, but she always comes home looking ok." Teacher Oh goes,"From what i'm hearing right now, you're telling me that you change Nari's name to Mari so she won't get bullied anymore. Am i right..?" She nodded her head. Teacher Oh said to her,"i can see why you did that but.." She interrupted saying,"I understand what i did was wrong, but it was just temporally. Her memories will return very soon. Teacher Oh, please keep this a secret." Teacher Oh thought for a bit and finally agreed to keep it a secret. He goes,"i'm willing to accept your request, just because i could tell that Nari is innocent." 

    Nari sat alone outside and had a long thought going on in her head. She said to herself,"is my name really... Nari? and is it really true that i was like that..?" She smack her head a couple time saying,"aish.. when can i remember everything?! And get to my right mind...this stupid head." She can't do nothing but sigh. Sungjae was still watching over her from above. He thought in his head as he look at her,"Why is it that, the more i'm avoiding you, the more i'm worried about you? What is this feeling?" 

   As school was over, Gayeon saw Nari walking down the street. She went to her saying,"How do you feel after getting yourself expose?" Nari look at him saying,"i feel fine. Cause i know it's not true. only little kids like you would try to lie to gain attention." Gayeon goes,"WHAT?! little kid?" As she was to slap her, Nari caught her hand and she goes,"I won't let you treat me like this." Gayeon saw a car came back and thought of something evil. Gayeon push Nari closer to the edge of the street saying,"What are you gonna do if i won't stop, huh?! Na..Ri?!" She look back & saw herself getting closer to the road, she looks at Gayeon and goes,"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Gayeon smirked & goes,"BYE." She suddenly pushed her to the middle of the road, right then a car was coming straight at her. Nari saw the car coming, and suddenly quick flashback appeared in her head. It was showing her how she got into a car accident. Sungjae suddenly rushed to her and pushed both of them to the other side of the road. He has his arm wrapped arm her and they both round onto the side of the road. Gayeon saw and quickly rushed away.

   Nari started to feel more and more pain in her head, as ton of memories appeared. She puts her hand on her head, and struggle to think correctly. He saw her head hurting, and he quickly pull her up saying,"Mari-ah, does your head hurt a lot?" Nari's head hurt so much, she barely could see nor respond to him. Tears started to shed down her face, without thinking he suddenly hugged her tightly saying,"you'll be ok... i know you will... calm down... Just rest your head on my shoulder." He looked so worried. At that moment, his dad's car came by and his father saw him through the window. He stops the car by the side of the road across from them and look closer to see if it was really him. He was amazed seeing this side of Sungjae. Sungjae hugged her tightly and said in his head,"My mom already left me, i won't let you leave me this round. Cause.. now i understand how i really feel." Nari closed her eyes as she leaned her head on his shoulder, she took some deep breath & could feel that the pain in her head is slowly going away. 

   Nari suddenly fainted in his arm, he quickly carried her up. As he was about to rush to the hospital. His dad shouted from the car saying,"SON, OVER HERE!" Sungjae saw his dad, and had no choice but to get in. Cause he wanted to save Nari before it's too late. His dad looks at him as Sungjae wipe Nari's face with a towel. He said in his head,"I guess he finally found someone to soften his heart... that's good." 

  Nari rest in a patient room and is getting a check up. As that happened, Nari's mom rushed into the hospital. She saw Sungjae and goes,"Where is she?" Sungjae responded,"She's just getting a check up on her condition. Don't worry..." Nari's mom patted his shoulder saying,"thanks again... Without you my daughter would be in danger. I guess what my daughter says about you is true. Seeing you as a crazy person on the outside but really inside is what matters. She really look up to you. Sometimes she would sleep talk and say your name. Please continue to take care of her for me when i'm not around..." Sungjae smiled and responded,"thank you... Don't worry, i'll do my best to make sure she's not hurt anymore and fully gain back her memories." 

   The nurse came out of the patient's room and said to them,"She's awake now. you guys can go see her now." The nurse left and they both went to see her. Nari's mom saw Nari fully awake looking at them coming in. She hugged Nari and goes,"omo... my daughter. Thank goodness you're ok." Nari smiled and responded,"mom... sorry for making you worry." Nari looked and saw Sungjae. They then smiled at each other. Nari's mom back away saying,"i'll go buy you something to eat. While i'm gone, you two can talk freely. so it won't be awkward." Her mom then left. As she leaves the room, Sungjae sat beside her asking,"Are you okay now?" She nodded her head and goes,"Do you remember the first time i saw you? you were pretty scary. You were standing on the edge of the bridge shouting. I helped you when you almost fell into the water, can you remember that?" Sungjae responded,"i know. Then i saw you hospitalized..." He stops and said in his head,"wait... that happened before i saw her at the hospital.." He looked at her surprisingly & goes,"You got your memories back?!" Nari brightly smiled with watery eyes responding,"i think i did.." Sungjae smiled & patted her head. 

   But Seeing Sungjae coming in with her mom was just a dream. Nari didn't wake up yet til midnight. Sungjae already left home, the moment the nurse told them that Nari is done with her check up. Nari's mom was the only one who came in to see her. 

   As it was midnight, Nari woked up saying Sungjae's name. She realized everything was just a dream. She saw her mom sleeping on the couch. She turned to the side and sigh. She sat up from her bed and goes,"the accident? i was in a car accident. bullying.. i was treated horribly at my old school. Gayeon.. she was the head of it. the house theif... it was.." Her eyes widen as she finally recognized who it was. She goes,"it was.. my mom's second husband.. i recognized his tattoos on his neck." She couldn't believe it, that her memories had returned and so many things appeared back. She then quietly walked up to the rooftop of the hospital for some fresh air. 
    
  She stood by the edge of the roof , looking up at the full moon. She cuddle herself in her arms as she slowly rest her mind with the wind. She said to herself,"now that my memories return... i have to get all my respect back. i'm not gonna let Gayeon push me down any lower... For my mom's sake, i'm gonna find every evidence i can to put my step dad in jail. After all of this, i'm going to... disappear for awhile." 

  She walked back into her room, and look in her phone. She checked the news and saw a familiar video. She pressed play and watch it. Someone has caught Gayeon pushing Nari into the rode to be hit by a car, but luckily she was saved by Sungjae. But luckily the video blur their faces out. She looked at the comments saying, 'they all seem to go to the same school.' , 'that girl who pushed the other girl should go to jail for trying to commit murdering.' , 'This is like a scene from a drama. but sadly, that was reality.' , 'look at her running off after seeing that boy saving the girl she pushed.' , 'some girls these days are so cruel.' , 'it was a lucky save.' , 'respect for that boy.' , 'that boy must have a some relationship with that girl he saved, look at him hugging her warmly.' After Nari read the last comment about Sungjae hugging her warmly, she thought back and goes,"oh that's right... my head hurted a lot that time." 

  Gayeon stayed in her room, scare to death after seeing the video of her pushing Nari to the street. She goes,"it's blurry, so i won't get caught right? i cant get caught. im still too young to go to jail. i cant get caught. it's all Nari's fault for putting me in this. If only she died earlier, i would've lived in peace." She threw her phone across her room, full of anger. Blaming everything on Nari. She then threw her pillow across the room saying,"i'm going to ruin your life 100x more this round. just watch!" 

  Nari's mom woked up the next day, and saw Nari's bed empty. She quickly got up and saw her hospital outfit folded on the bed. She started to get worry, as she was about to rushed out. Nari came out of the bathroom saying, "omma, you already woken up?" Her mom was surprise seeing her, she goes, "Mari-ah.. you already got up?" Nari said to her,"omma, just call me Nari now... I already gain back my memories." Her mom's eyes widen as she heard that. Nari smiled saying,"i know you wanted to protect me when i lost my memories , that's why you changed my name. But.. now i'll go back with Nari and help you and myself gain back our respect. omma, i'm not the quiet & independent girl like before... This time is my time to make them take back what they did to me & you." Nari looked serious as she said that. Her mother hugged her saying,"i believe in you, Na..Ri..." 

   As Nari finally got back to school, a lot of eyes were on her due to the rumors about her. She went straight to find Gayeon. As Sungjae was walking down the street to the schhol, he saw Nari walking pass him like she didn't see him. He said in his head,"i guess what i said to her, really made her do it for real..." He just watch her walk off on her own. 
 
   Gayeon sat at her seat in the classroom alone, Nari saw her and walked in shutting the door. Gayeon stood up as she saw her. Nari smirked saying,"why do you look so startled? Were you surprise that i didn't die like you wanted?" Gayeon responded,"YAH! i didn't try to kill you, stop lying. And besides you're Nari not Mari!" Nari goes,"You're right, i'm Nari, not Mari. All thanks to you for helping me gain back all of my memories about you. Now, i'm more clear on who you really are." Gayeon looked confused saying,"WHAAT? you lost your memories. tsk, are you trying to lie again?!" Nari goes,"believe or not, i don't care. What's important is.. Getting my revenge on you." Gayeon's eyes widen the moment Nari said that. Gayeon said to her,"well no one will believe you!" Nari smirked responding,"it doesn't matter. i already got you on check. Do you really want me to expose the real video of you trying to kill me? not the blurry one but the clear one that can see our faces." Gayeon back away, shockingly. Nari walked closer to her saying,"I'll make you suffer like what you did to me." Gayeon back away but she tripped and fell on her . Nari looked down on her and goes,"That's how i look when i was being pushed down by you." Nari smirked & walked out of the room, leaving Gayeon nervous to death.