Chapter 4 ; "Don't lie..."

High School; Only Love

💯 Chapter 4 ; "Don't lie..." 
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
   As they were sitting in class, suddenly Teacher Oh came in with a new female student. Everyone sat down quietly and looked at the new student. Nari looked at that new student. That new student turned out to be Gayeon. As Gayeon greeted herself, she suddenly saw Nari which caught her attention. Nari and Gayeon made eye contact, Gayeon smirked at her. Making Nari look confused on the inside.

   Gayeon said in her head as she saw Nari,"This was where she was hiding all along. tsk. such a scary cat." Nari thought in her head,"Why did she look at me like that? It's a bit weird." 

   As it was lunch time, Gayeon approached Nari and said in her ear,"pabo, follow me..." Nari looked at her and could see the scariness in her eyes. Nari then followed her up to the rooftop. As they got up there, Gayeon stops and looked at her saying,"And i thought you died. Nari. I guess all you can do is run away. Pabo, do you think you run away from me?!" Nari asked her,"I'm not Nari. Who are you?" Gayeon couldn't believe she said that. Gayeon suddenly grip onto her hair saying,"You think just because you attend to a new school, it'll make you stronger?! Pabo..." Nari pushed her away saying,"Who are you, really?! Why are you like this?!" Gayeon suddenly looked confused, but she pushed her back and back. Gayeon pushed her to the edge of the roof, til Nari's back touches the wall. Nari looked back and saw how high they are from the bottom of the school. Nari looked at her and held tightly onto her arm saying,"What are you trying to do?!" Gayeon smirked and goes,"yah... Stop trying to avoid me and look all innocent. You're already stupid, stop trying to act like one." Nari pushed her away, avoiding from falling off the edge of the rooftop. As Gayeon was about to slap her, suddenly Sungjae came and held Gayeon's hand back saying,"Do you wanna die?" Gayeon saw Sungjae and backed away saying,"it's not what it looks like..." He goes,"Seeing your hand swing towards her face, isn't called slapping?" Gayeon went speechless and didn't know what to say. Nari suddenly rushed back inside. Sungjae looked at Gayeon and goes,"I don't care who you are, but don't even get your hands on Mari." He then quickly followed after Nari. Gayeon goes,"what? Did i hear him calling her Mari? no, she's Nari... What is this? Is she really not Nari?"

  After Nari's mom figured out that she was bullied all along. Her mom decided to temporally change her name til her memories return, in case those bullies are after her again. So that's why Nari's name was called Mari instead. 

  Nari sat outside at the stairs and thought about a lot of things in her head. She goes,"Why did that girl say so many harsh things to me? what? She thought i died? Do she know about my accident too? Aish, this is hurting my head." Suddenly Sungjae came & said,"Then don't think about it." Nari looked up and saw him standing beside her, but he then sat down and goes,"Do you know that girl?" Nari responded,"no... But i think i do before i lost my memories. I have a feeling like she don't have a good connection with me." He responded,"I have a feeling like that too, tbh. I feel like she's your #1 enemy." She thought about it and goes,"But why? The problem is that i don't remember anything about it..." She sigh and looked depress. He then said to her,"a...pabo. stop thinking too much then." Nari felt even more sad and goes, "That's what she been calling me the whole time too.. i guess i'm really dumb."   Sungjae felt bad inside and goes,"a... i don't mean it though. Then what should i call you then?" Nari sigh as she stood up and walk away saying, "I don't care... call me whatever you want..." Sungjae went after her saying, "Are you really that mad?" She responded,"I'm not mad..." He goes,"Then why are you running away?" She turned to him saying,"I'm not." He suddenly smiled and pulled her into the school holding onto her wrist. 

  Each and everyday Gayeon have been keeping her eyes on Nari. She goes, "She looks totally the same to me, it's just that this one seems to have more nerves than the one I usually mess with." Then one day as everyone in Nari's class went outside for gym. Gayeon snuck inside to look at Nari's things. She look in her backpack, and took out one of her notebooks. Gayeon then quickly stuff it in her backpack and went outside to join with the rest. 

  Gayeon then saw Nari outside washing her hand by the sink, she walk to her saying,"Mari..." Nari looked at her as Gayeon approached her. Nari goes, "Are you gonna ask me if i'm Nari again?" Gayeon goes,"I'm sorry from earlier. It's just that you look exactly like one of my friend." Nari goes,"Friend? Is that how you treat a friend? That day when you saw me, you look like you're about to kill me. So don't make up lies." Gayeon goes,"It was just a joke though. Since i haven't seen that friend for a long time, i wanna play around." Nari responded, "tsk. But why do i feel so bad for her, to have such friend like you." Nari then walk away. Gayeon looked at her walking away and goes,"This one is really the opposite of the one i know. I've seen this in dramas before... Could this one be the other twin? Maybe Nari died, and the one i never knew of which is Mari is the one who's still alive... Or am i just thinking too far... Aish!" 

  Nari sat beside Sohee and asked,"What is Teacher Ahn teaching us today?" Sohee responded,"Oh, he wanted us to pick a partner and do couple workout together. I really hate it cause i don't like pairing up with guys here." Nari looked around and saw Sungjae and Seho just laying at the bench sleeping. Suddenly D.O appeared in front of her saying,"Let's be partner..." Nari smiled nodding her head. Sohee whispered in her ear saying,"a... i envy you.." Nari shyly smiled and hit Sohee's shoulder a little saying,"a.. stop saying nonsense things." 

  Everyone who participated got their partner. The first workout they did was curl ups. The guys did it first, while the girls held onto their legs. (Omg it's like a scene from secret garden all over again.) Nari held onto D.O's leg and said to him,"Let's do a bet. If i get a more curl ups, you have to piggy back me. If you get more I'll piggy back you. cool?" D.O smiled and goes,"cool." As the curl up started, everyone quickly did their curl ups. D.O final score was 70 curl ups.  Nari started to lose some hope, when she realize D.O's score was pretty high. D.O laughed as he saw Nari's expression. He goes,"You give up?" Nari cutely sigh and responded,"No, i'll do my best." Finally the girls started. At the end, Nari only got 43 curl ups. She laid on the ground, tired and goes,"Aish... i lost." D.O got up and look down at her saying,"I win." Nari goes,"ok. ok. I know." He then gave her a hand. She held onto his hand and got up. At that moment, Sungjae sat up from laying on the bench and saw D.O and Nari being partners during workout. He couldn't do anything but watch. D.O wipe the grass off from her hair and goes,"I'll piggy back you instead. Don't worry." Nari suddenly smiled looking at him and goes, "Really..?!" D.O responded,"yea, cause i don't trust you carrying me. You and I might end up in the nurse room." Nari giggles and goes,"ok. cool." Nari got on his back and he carried her up. Nari wrapped her arm tightly around his neck and said to him,"don't make me fall." D.O smiled saying,"ok, and you better hold on tight then." 

   Sungjae suddenly got up, the moment he saw D.O giving Nari a piggy back. He goes,"aish! Those two." He suddenly thought of something. As D.O was piggy backing Nari around for fun. Sungjae popped out of no where and bumped into them 'accidentally'. D.O tripped and both of them fell forward, But Sungjae quickly caught Nari from falling on top of D.O and held onto her. But Nari quickly made him let go and she went to help D.O up. Sungjae goes, "Yah! Mari! Aren't you gonna say thanks?" Nari responded,"Aren't you gonna say sorry too?" Sungjae responded,"why would i? I didn't bump into you two on purpose." Nari help D.O up and responded to Sungjae,"but you could at least say sorry, even if it's an accident." Sungjae asked,"Why are you getting angry, just from this accident?!" Nari looked away saying,"forget it. I'll always end up being the one losing." She then walks away. Sungjae went after her saying,"yah! Are you mad again?!" D.O just stood there & watch them go.

   Gayeon watched from afar and goes,"tak, that girl is trying to attract alot of boys on purpose or what?! Getting one each day with her. Tsk, such a player and wanna be cool." 

   Nari puts her hood on and started jogging around the big soccer field for some stress relief. Sungjae jog after shouting,"Yah! Are you mad again?! I already told you. It was just an accident." Nari responded,"Yah! Stop following me!" Sungjae finally caught up with her and jog beside her saying,"Stop being mad. I already told you." Nari then covered her ears saying,"i'm not gonna listening." Nari suddenly stepped on her shoe lace as she jog and tripped. She fell on her knee and arm. Sungjae went on his knee saying,"This is why you should listen." Nari sat up and responded,"be quiet..." He squeeze her cheeks and goes,"aigoo... This girl is getting angry." Nari moved his hand and as she was about to stand up, she felt a mini pain on her right ankle. She felt her right ankle and goes,"Why does it hurt? I can't stand up..." Sungjae looked at her foot and goes,"That's why you should've tied your shoe." He suddenly tied her shoe lace. Nari look at him tying her shoe lace and she goes,"stop pretending to be nice." He looked up at her responding,"I'm not pretending, i'm for real." Nari looked away, avoiding his eye contact. He got up saying,"Get up, class should be over now. Time to go home." Nari struggled to stand up cause of her ankle, he suddenly carried her up in his arms. Nari was surprised and goes,"Yaah! Get me down! People will see!" He responded,"but.. I don't want to." Nari moves around, trying to make him let go. Suddenly she pinch him and both of them fell on the ground. BAMM! Sungjae accidentally kissed Nari on the lip. Their eyes were close tightly. 
   
   Sungjae slowly back away, their eyes suddenly made contact with each other. Nari looked away saying,"Are you.. gonna get off...." He suddenly got up  embarrassedly. Nari looked at him saying,"You're not gonna help me up?" He looked at her and nervously gave her a hand. Nari got up saying,"I'll be going now. I have to go home..." As she starts walking, she almost lost balance. Sungjae held onto her arm saying,"Be careful." Nari looked at him and goes, "If i walk slowly, i can go by myself." Nari sudden walk slowly away, limping slowly away. 

   As Nari grab her backpack and walked slowly out of the school, D.O stood by the school entrance door waiting for her. Nari walked out and saw him.  She  went to him saying,"sorry about earlier. I left you, without a word..." He smiled responding,"Don't worry... Cmon let get on the bus before it's too late." She nodded her head and walked beside him to the city bus. Sungjae saw them from afar as he was walk home. He stood there, trying not to care. He said to his self,"Why should i care, when we're nothing. Nor we're friends..right?" But he looks to glance over at them. He said in his head,"Why are they laughing? Are they flirting right now? What was that? Did he just fix her bow on her uniform? Was that a skinship?" He was getting more and more curious, the more he look at them. But as they got on the bus together, he was surprised and goes,"What?! They're also riding the same bus? Do they live close to each other too?" Sohee tapped on his shoulder asking,"Yah! Sungjae! What are you looking at? I've been seeing you stand here for a long time." He responded, "For sure i'm look looking at you so don't ask." She goes,"i know that. But Nari was over there standing with D.O. You were looking at them huh?!" He walked way saying,"Are you crazy?! Why would i? tsk." Sohee goes,"ok, say what ever you want." 

    Nari started to fall asleep in the bus. Her head slowly started to tilt side by side. D.O look at her and smile, he suddenly lay her head on his shoulder. Nari then slept on his shoulder. D.O said in his head to her,"Mari... Whenever you're tired, sad or mad, just come here and i'll give you my shoulder. Cause... I think I like you now." He smiled as he glance at her sleeping on his shoulder. 

   D.O and Nari walk together down the street as they got off the bus. As they were walking, Suddenly someone in a black cap bumped into Nari & continue walking away. D.O help balance Nari as she was about to fall. Nari looked back and only saw that man's back view. D.O goes,"Are you okay?" Nari nodded her head saying,"yes.. i'm fine. It must be those drunk guys around here." D.O goes,"you're right. I guess he was a bit drunk. Cmon head to your house, I'll be going my way now." She smiled and goes,"Ok... See you tmrw then." They wave goodbye and went on their separate ways. 

  As D.O walk away and Nari started walking her way to her house. She started to feel like someone's following her. She look back a couple time as she speed walk away. She goes,"I can't go home right now, or else... Whoever's following me might follow me home. it could bring danger to my mom... I have to go somewhere else far from here." 

  Suddenly she heard a brand crack near her. She turned and saw a man in a black outfit with a cap on. She could barely see his face. She notice that he's slowly approaching her. She slowly back up saying,"Who are you?!" Suddenly she saw him sticking out a gun. She started to run, but he suddenly shot her. A needle flew out of the gun and pokes her on the back of her neck. She then feel dizzy, Suddenly she fell onto the ground and fainted.