Flowers

Love at first sight

Your POV~

I managed to drift off a little but then...

[Flahsback]

I found myself looking at my old room when I was twelve...

"Why?How...?"I gasped.

I ran over to a vanity table and stared at myself in the mirror.

I looked exactly as I was when I was twelve.

"______,"I heard my umma's voice.

I spun around and knocked a few items off the vanity table.

I gasped in amazement/horror.

"I haven't seen you for years umma,"I whispered.

"Now don't exagerate,"Umma laughed,"We haven't seen each other for an hour."

"Oh.."I said.

She hesitated for a moment and then looked me in the eye.

"_________ ....I must tell you something," Umma said

"Yes Umma?" I asked.

"Well it's mainly about you.You see,there's this gift that runs in the family.Or a curse...."she said.

"What?"I asked again.

"Erm....well the girls in the family fall in love at first sight but.......sometimes the person they fall in love with..

does not love them back......then our heart shatters and we feel like dying...your aunt even tried suicide."

I gulped.

"Are you saying I might have this curse?Is this why Aunt Jade (LOL can't think of a name) is single??"I panicked.

"Yes...it is a miracle if they love us back....this is why Aunt Jade hates me...because...."Umma sobbed,unable to continue.

"Because?"I continued for her.

"Because..I managed to get that miracle,"Umma smiles weakly.

I was unable to say anything.I looked at my feet and nodded.

"Thank you for telling me Umma,if I didn't know then...."I felt tears falling down my cheeks.

"Hush child.It's okay.I didn't want to accept this.I never wanted this gift."Umma comforted.

She hugged me and my head. 

I gasped and then I felt someone shaking me.

"______!Wake up!It's morning,"Hana's voice said.

"Huh?"I rubbed my eyes.

"Come on!I wanna eat pancakes!"Eileen jumped and down.

"Oh okay..Let me get ready,"I mumbled.

I ran to the room that Eileen gave me.

I stared at my face in the mirror and touched it every few moments.

"Hurry up!"Eileen called.

I sighed and changed out of my pajamas and then went to the bathroom.

"It was a dream,"I kept saying to myself.

I walked out of the bathroom and then glanced at the calendar on the wall.

My eyes widened when I saw a big circle around a date.

"!I forgot to visit umma's and appa's grave today!!!"I panicked.

I ran out of the room and grabbed a jacket.Then I ran down into a random kitchen,made some toast,and then texted Eileen.

From:Eileen

K!Appa's worried though!Aren't u going 2 eat breakfast 2?

 

To:Eileen

Pfft.Let her worry.I already ate so don't worry about me.

 

I ate my toast and took the bus.

 

From:Eileen

K but appa wonders where u r going...

 

To:Eileen

I'm gonna visit my umma's and appa's grave but then get some flowers first as a make-up gift!I 4got that I had 2 visit them yesterday...

 

From:Eileen

Yesterday was my birthday so don't blame yourself!Say hi to them for me too!:D

 

To Eileen:KK unni.^^

 

I smiled at Eileen's childish text.

When it was my stop,I ran out of the bus and into a flower shop.

I glanced around but there were soo many flowers,I couldn't choose.

"Excuse me!"I waved at the florist.

She walked over to me.

"Yes?"She asked.

"I need help.I want to buy flowers for my parents,"I said.

"Where are your parents?"She asked.

"In the grave,"I said.

"Oh!I'm sorry!I'll give you half off on the flowers,"She said.

"Kasamhamnida agashi,"I bowed.

"No need for that,"She laughed,"Now.I suggest you take some purple lilies or white.Or you might prefer red or white roses.

Or some lilacs."

I stared at the flowers she picked out.

"Aniyo..I don't think..It just doesn't seem like them,"I shook my head.

"What do you mean?"The florist asked.

"Well..I just want to pick out a flower that most represents them..us,"I said quietly.

"Oh I see.Well take a look.I can find your flower easily.You see to me,the flowers each have a meaning.You're a yellow flower,"She smiled.

"Chrysanthemums symbolizes optimism and hope. If someone gifts you a bunch of chrysanthemum flowers, then you must understand that the person is your secret admirer.

Yellow Roses have a sweet fragrance and it signifies friendship and platonic love. Yellow roses are shared between friends and they are also associated with warmth and joy.

Sunflowers are connoted with bringing sunshine in lives of individuals being gifted with. These fresh attractive flowers add liveliness to the ambiance and are a good choice for summer weddings.

Golden Columbines are famous for spreading happiness and joy all round. A bunch of Golden Columbines attracts butterflies and the lively vibe created by them perfectly matches wedding ceremonies.

If your love is eternal and undying, then your boutonnière or garland must be enamored with fresh tulips. One of the most beautiful of all flowers are tulips, which when bloom completely induce beauty in every element present around.

 Daffodils soft serene and tranquil flowers signify respect and compassion for the person whom you are gifting them to. The muted hue of daffodils create a perfect setting for floral decorations, like bouquets and centerpieces."She finsished.

"Wow,"I gasped.

"I know right,"She smiled.

------------------------------------

Mianhe!This is all I can right for now!My borther keeps asking me for his turn!!If only our laptop didn't break!!-_-Thanks for subscribing TiaraL !!!!!!Your comment really made my day!:)

A Big shout out to immaturedevil101!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!Saranghaeyo unni!

(Don't let Valerie take the credit!It's mine!Lol.)

Keep reading!-Berrysnowywinter