Their Lives

Detached [Broken Love]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Their Lives

Narrator POV

“Myungsoo, Myungsoo wake up,” Sungyeol shook his bosses shoulder, like always he had driven them back and they were now in front of Myungsoo’s house, “You have a board meeting remember?”

Myungsoo shifted a bit as his eyes slowly opened. Sungyeol waved a hand in front of his face trying to get him to focus, “The meeting starts at seven, you have exactly one hour to hide those hickeys.”

Myungsoo swore inside his head, he was fully awake now, with a head ache but still awake. However his neck would hurt every time he tried to move his head, he scowled and swore again. Those girls were so rough… I’ll kill them the next time I see them.

“Move,” he pushed Sungyeol away so that he could get out of the car. Right away the butler opened the front door of the mansion.

“You go to the office first and if the meeting starts before I’m there then try to stall them,” Myungsoo ordered before disappearing into the house.

Sungyeol sighed and rubbed his temples, he eye bags were just as bad as Myungsoo’s. I had an equal amount of sleep as you did… He thought glumly but since he wasn’t the boss he didn’t have the luxury of cleaning up before heading to work. I guess I’ll stop by Starbucks on my way, Sungyeol got back into his car and drove away.
 

*                                  *                                  *
 

Her eyelids flutter open quickly and her body automatically rolled out of bed, she wrapped herself in a towel while gathering her clothes off the floor before locking herself in the bathroom. Finally, it was morning, the nightmare was over and it won’t be for another twelve hours until she would have to worry about it again.

She the tap and washed her face but only ended up wincing in pain and was unable to bend her head back without her muscles protesting. She sighed and decided to just shower, when she took the towel off, new scars were exposed. The bright red ones were from last night, the dark purple ones were from a few days ago, and the lingering light yellow ones were from a couple weeks ago.  Wow, look at that, I’m colour coded. She thought sarcastically. Too bad there isn’t a single space that is coded with “skin colour”.

She ignored the bruises and turned the shower on before stepped in and letting the water cool her broken body. Yes her body was broken; it had broke five years ago… five years ago… when she had woken up in the middle of the night with somebody top of her sealing her lips with his as his hands travelled to all the forbidden places.

As if falling off of a cliff wasn’t bad enough, a few nights later, at 11, Mr. Lee’s son came home drunk, and went into the wrong room by accident. However when he found a pretty girl in his bed he had naturally took advantage of her, his brain still thinking that he was at the club.

That night changed her life.

The next day when Mr. Lee found out what had happened, he was both angry and embarrassed by his son’s actions. He demanded his son to marry her and begged for her to agree believing that this was the only way of compensating her loss.

She couldn’t say no, not to Mr. Lee, Lee Soo Man, the person who had found her and saved her. He had not only rushed her to the best hospital in Seoul but also gave her a home, a name, a new start. Lee Inna; that was who she was now, and it was all thanks to Lee Soo Man.

She had agreed to marry a complete stranger. Maybe last night was a mistake, seeing how generous Mr. Lee was his son couldn’t be that bad right? Wrong. He was worse than Satan in a bad mood.

The shower stopped and she leaned against the sink breathing hard like she was suddenly suffocating. She habitually reached for her shirt and dug inside her pocket furiously. As soon as her fingers closed around a piece of cold metal she breaths steadied at once. She clenched it tightly in her fist and placed it over her heart. The infinity pendant, it would somehow always calm her down, she didn’t know what it meant, or why it was so special, all she knew was that it was important to her and it was the only connection to her pass.


“Are you going to get out or do you want me to go in?” his bone chilling tone blasted at her from outside making her head snap up in attention. Spacing out under his nose is the most dangerous thing to do… Paboya Inna…  

She dressed herself in two seconds and quickly opened the door greeted by her husband’s death glare.

“S-sorry…” she stuttered.

He pushed her aside cussing threats at her for taking so long in the bathroom.

As if you can do me any worse, she thought but only lowered her head and bowed like always, “I promise it won’t happen again L.Joe shi.” 
 

*                                  *                                  *
 

“Ughhhh why isn’t this working?!” Myungsoo furiously rubbed the concealer on his nec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter