Crepe War

Detached [Broken Love]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14: Crepe War
Inna POV

“You what? OMG this is so awesome!” Sooyeon clapped excitedly, “I’m so happy for you!”

I smiled and sipped my green apple bubble tea. Currently, Sooyeon and I were at a small coffee shop. She had dragged me out of the house immediately after she heard that Abuji was back.

“Actually,” I hesitated, “I’m still thinking about it…”

“Mwoh?” she gasped and quickly felt my forehead with her palm, “You’re not sick, but are you feeling okay?”

“Yeah why?” I frowned.

“Why aren’t you accepting the offer?” Sooyeon asked exasperatedly, “Being a fashion designer was your dream since you were a kid!”

“It was?” I squinted at this new information.

“Uh huh!” Sooyeon nodded her head reassuringly.

“How do you know?” I asked, “Up until yesterday I didn’t even know I could draw.”

“I mean…” Sooyeon cursed at herself for her slip of the tongue, “I mean… since you’re good at it… I just assumed that you probably studied it in your early days…”

“Being good at something doesn’t mean I like it,” I replied.

“Then… do you not like it?” Sooyeon asked. Amnesia could take away your memories, but could it also change your personality and preferences?

I shrugged, “I guess it’s kind of fun… but actually pursuing it as a career… a person like me given such a high position all of a sudden… I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it, I mean, I’ve been locked up for the past five years of my life…”

Sooyeon’s eyes softened and took my hands in hers, “Listen, if anything, trust me on this, you miss an opportunity like this, you will surely regret it in the future. Taking the first steps out of the house will be hard, but I’ll be right here watching your back. Right now L.Joe has given you permission, and his father is here, what better timing than now is it to make a change in your life?”

I looked at Sooyeon, her eyes were filled with determination and never lacking the usual confidence she carried out. How I wish I could be someone like her but I was the complete opposite. I doubt myself all the time and now when I was finally being let out of my cage I’m refusing to fly. Call me stupid if you want, but a person with no memory or contact with the outside world… who wouldn’t be scared?

Sooyeon wanted to say more but her phone suddenly beeped.

I need you back now.

“Did something happen?” I noticed the change in her expression.

“A-Ani,” she smiled at me and tucked her phone away, “Just Seunghyun being his usual clumsy self he told me he burnt the kitchen stove…”

“Oh wow,” I chuckled while trying to imagine Seunghyun wearing a flower apron attempting to flip a pancake, “You better go home and make sure everything is okay then.”

“But,” Sooyeon pouted, “Today was supposed to be a girls day out, I promised to redecorate your wardrobe.”

“Nah, it’s the thought that counts, and besides, it’s not like we’ll never see each other again,” I assured her, “Go on, I’ll be fine.”

Sooyeon still looked hesitant but her phone started vibrating inside her pocket, making her finally get up.

“I’ll take you out next time then,” she promised.

I nodded and sent her off with a wave. After she left I placed a few bills on the table and followed suit. I stepped into the warm early summer sun and looked left and right down the streets. According to Google, this was our State’s busiest street, stores lined up on both sides of the road.

I walked aimlessly down the sidewalk just going to wherever my feet brought  me.

America’s #1 gelato store…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter