Kakao Saved Me

Detached [Broken Love]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: Kakao Save Me

Narrator POV

Kkaettok. Kkaettok. Kkaettok...

“Ugh…” L.Joe slapped his arm over his eyes attempting to go back to sleep.

Kkaettok. Kkaettok… BRINGGG. 

“WHAT?!” he hollered into his phone.

“Hyung, I’m going to your house right now!”

“Changjo?” L.Joe grumbled with sleep still thick in his voice, “Are you high?”

“No, but you will never be high again if you don’t wake up,” the younger one replied seriously.

“I’m hanging up…”

“I just got off the plane with your dad.”

Sleep suddenly disappeared and L.Joe shrieked in horror, “YOU TOLD ME HE WAS COMING NEXT WEEK!”

“He changed his mind,” Changjo smirked, “He just couldn’t wait another week to surprise his wonderful son and daughter in-…”

L.Joe flung his phone away and flew out of bed to hide his car keys and a secret stash of cash.

Worse comes to worse, I’ll flee.







 

 

Inna POV

“So… any plans for today?”

I looked up at Chunji’s question, “Why would there be? Isn’t every day the same?”

“Sure… L.Joe taking you out shopping is totally… normal,” Chunji didn’t bother to stop the sarcasm from rolling off his tongue, “And if my ears were working perfectly, which they were, last night was pretty quiet.”

“YAH!” my face turned red and I looked away. You’d think that most people would sympathize when they found out about my living conditions and not tease me but clearly, luck wasn’t on my side.

Chunji let out a twinkle of laughter before returning his attention back to the stove, leaving me to dwell on my own thoughts.

Even thought L.Joe had been… almost nice last night, I still couldn’t let my guard down, I had gotten up extra early.

“And I used to think that all girls could turn into a princess when they’ve met their prince… unbelievable.”

“Talking to yourself is not good miss, it’s usually the first sign of you losing your sanity,” Chunji called from the kitchen.

“Just cook the egg!” I yelled back.

I heard the stove click.

“I’m done,” Chunji gave me a devilish smile and held up the scrambled eggs.

“Great,” I fake smiled, “Now you can continue to bug me.”

“Sure as hell I would,” Chunji plopped down in the chair beside me and then turned serious, “Do you remember something from your past?”

I looked at him curiously with my fork in mid air, “Why would you think that?”

Chunji shrugged he was pretty sure that he was over interpreting your words but just had to ask anyways, “You just mentioned about your past thoughts so I thought…”

I laughed and shook my head, “I don’t even know, what I had said… wasn’t it every little girl’s dream? I just assumed that it was my dream too as a child.”

“Really?” Chunji frowned, “What if you were a tomboy?”

“Yeah…” the laugher faded, “What if I was… I guess I’ll never know…”

“No, I-…” Chunji’s eyes turned into goldfish size, “I didn’t mean it like that, your memory will-…”

*Crash*

*Boom*

*Shatter*

*Slam*

“LEE INNA WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING LAZYING AROUND IN THE KITCHEN FLIRTING WITH THAT BUTLER, WHEN OUR COVER IS GOING TO BE BLOWN IN TWO HOURS?!”

I winced at his loud voice and Chunji’s eyes flickered with concern at L.Joe’s sudden outburst. Something big must have happened to get him this riled up, L.Joe usually didn’t give a damn about most things.

“YAH WHERE IS YOUR RING?!”

The voice was right beside my ears and I stumbled back, I was sure that he was upstairs just two seconds ago. It took me five minutes to climb those set of stairs yesterday with him, couldn’t he have at least taken some time to walk down?

“Here’s your ring Miss,” Chunji held a paper towel with a 7 carat diamond ring on top, “You took it off yesterday when the glass plate broke.”

L.Joe didn’t care for the reason it was off, he just took the ring and rapidly slipped it back on my finger.

“Wear it and don’t take it off!” he ordered.

I nodded mutely, not understanding at all but just obeyed, it was only then when I noticed that he was also wearing his ring.

“Chunji! Tell all the maids, servants to keep their mouths shut, take all of her belongings and move it to the master bedroom, clean out a guest room, hangout the wedding photo, make sure that there’s not a speck of dust, and if anyone asks, I love Inna dearly, and we’re the happiest couple on earth.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter