Little Red Dress

Detached [Broken Love]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12: Little Red Dress
Inna POV

I walked down the long corridor, my heels clicking against the limestone tiles, echoing loudly. I was wearing a white blouse and a red pencil skirt. After last night, I totally despise the color red but this was the longest skirt L.Joe had bought for me the other day. Now that Abuji was here, I should really go out shopping alone… or maybe I’ll bring Chunji, I need him to drive me around anyways.  

“Room 207… 207…” my eyes scanned numbers above the doors, “206,” I turned around and found 207. Sitting on the floor, blocking the doorway was someone playing on their phone.

“Um…” I cleared my throat and the person looked up.

“Hi,” he pocketed his phone and stood up, “Who are you?” he looked at me with his tiny eyes, “Oh wait I know you!”

My eyes grew when he said that.

“You’re that girl from the bar last night…” he started but I cut him off, “I’m not.”

“No it is you! I, Kim Sunggyu, never make mistakes!” he boasted proudly.

“Um… okay?” I shrugged, deciding that even if he did saw me yesterday… well he had no proof. I reached towards the doorknob, about to go in when he stopped me again.

“Wait, who are you?” he asked.

“Someone who’s doing a delivery?” I held up the folder to prove my point.

“No, I mean, your name, and occupation!” Sunggyu replied and leaned in close to whisper, “And exactly how good is Myungsoo-…”

I stomped him on the foot with my heels suddenly feeling threatened. The guy howled in pain and doubled down onto the floor, I took this chance to open the door and as soon as I lifted my head up a pair of intense brown eyes pierced into mines.

I almost dropped the folder.

No way. No way, this can’t be happening to me…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

L.Joe sat in the meeting restlessly, his eyes flickering to his phone screen every two seconds wondering why it wasn’t lighting up. Shouldn’t the guys have found Inna already? The club wasn’t that big… maybe.

Boring presentations went on and on, everybody was trying to impress the famous Key who just yawned at everything. L.Joe’s turn was coming up next but he had left all his stuff at home, oh well, he was going to have to wing it.

The previous presentation just finished and they were given a five minute break, the volume of the room rose simultaneously everybody trying to get close with everybody. Only L.Joe remained silent and concentrated with the tapping on his screen.

To: Niel
From L.Joe

Have you found her yet???

He stared at his phone without blinking as he waited for the reply that seemed to take millions of years to come.

To L.Joe
From Niel

Not yet Hyung L I’ve flipped this place upside down and can’t seem to find her. All there’s left to do is check under the toilet seats.

To: Niel
From: L.Joe

LOOK AGAIN

To L.Joe
From Niel:

YES HYUNG

L.Joe sighed and threw his phone on the table. Where was she? Could there be a chance that she had gone home? With that thought in mind, he retreated his phone and dialed a number.

L.Joe took a glance at his watch, he had probably half a minute left? But heck who cares, he was L.Joe, he does what he wants to do.

Drumming his fingers against the table impatiently as the phone kept on ringing. All the background noise was sure irking the heck out of him.

“Oh hello miss are you looking for someone?”

The volume in the room saddened died making L.Joe tilt his head up and thank god he did.

“Hello?” Chunji’s voice came through the other end of the phone but L.Joe just hung up.

The entire room was now concentrated on the figure at the door, some were curious like Suho, and some were drooling like Peniel. The girl however, just stood there looking distracted.

L.Joe stood up and crossed the room in a few strides, pulling Inna into an embrace as soon as she was within his arm length.

Inna, who was knocked out of her trace with this sudden hug was too surprised to move.

“Thank god you’re back,” he whispered in her ear before backing away to look at her.

“Um…” Inna suddenly felt self conscious, for more than one reason, “Uh… A-Abuji told me to bring this too you,” she handed him the folder remembering why she was here in the first place.

L.Joe received it without saying anything.

“I’ll… I’ll be going now,” I ducked my head slightly, wanting to get out of here knowing that L.Joe’s eyes weren’t the only familiar pair in the room. 

“No,” L.Joe took her wrist, a foreign feeling didn’t want her to leave his sight anymore, “Just come… and sit.”

Inna’s eyes widened upon the invitation, she couldn’t go in that room, no way, not when he was in there, suddenly in front of L.Joe guilt was chewing her up from the insides. Maybe L.Joe could cheat on her and not feel a thing but she had a conscience, and it was beating her to death right now.

L.Joe didn’t wait for her answer and just took her by the hand into the room, “Everyone, this is my wife, Inna, she’ll be joining us for the rest of today.”

Everybody clapped politely and Inna bowled, keeping her eyes trained on the ground knowing that once she looks up, he’ll be staring at her.

L.Joe pulled out a chair for her, she sat down and he sat beside her, his hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter