Protect Me

Detached [Broken Love]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Protect Me
Narrator POV

“Changjo ah! Do you want to come with me to America and visit L.Joe? I know all your other friends are also there,” the older man offered warmly.

“I would love to, but my final exams are coming up, I don’t think I can miss them, thank you Mr. Lee,” Changjo rejected politely.

“I’m one step ahead of you,” he smiled and the crinkles from age appeared around his eyes, “I’ve already hired a personal tutor and the school allowed you to take your tests online. The results will immediately get sent to the school board, it wont affect your grades.”

“Really?” Changjo’s voice was filled with excitement, “Thank you so much! You’re the best Mr. Lee.”

The older male chuckled, “You’re like one of my sons, I wouldn’t want to gather at dinner parties without you.”

Changjo blushed as he heard the complement, “When do we leave Mr. Lee?”

“Pack your bags, we’re leaving in two hours,” Mr. Lee broke the news.

“T-Two hours?!” Changjo’s eyes widened. Hyung isn’t going to like that…

“It was originally next week but I couldn’t wait any longer and didn’t want you to lose sleep over excitement so I decided to tell you last minute, I hope two hours is enough time for you to get ready…”

“Y-Yes, Thank you sir, I-I will pack… now,” Changjo bowed awkwardly and after being dismissed he walked out of the room.

Changjo looked left and right before breaking out into a run.

 Time to call L.Joe Hyung…










Inna POV

“CHUNJI HEEEELP!” I hollered out into the dark doorway as I entered the house with a heavy weight on my shoulder.

The lights in the mansion instantly flickered on almost blinding me. I heard footsteps running and then Chunji slid into view, his jaw dropped when he saw me.

“Wow.”

“Yeah I know, new haircut, new clothes, an old drunken husband, mind giving a hand?” I gave a fake smile.

Chunji shook his head and blinked a few times before slowly starting to approach me, “So he took you out to give you a makeover?”

“Apparently so,” I mumbled as I struggled under L.Joe’s weight. Who knew such a shortie could be this heavy?

“And let me guess, he then got wasted with his friends?” Chunji crossed his arms and seemed to enjoy seeing me being tortured like this.

“Chunji,” I gritted my teeth, “You’re my friend but I can still fire you.”

Chunji laughed and finally came over to help, “Oh and FYI, for future reference, only Master Lee can fire me. I’m special.” He reached out to heave L.Joe off of me but L.Joe suddenly stood up on his own only to push Chunji away.

“Don’t steal my girlfriend!” it came out almost as a whimper, but I couldn’t laugh or enjoy it because almost as fast as Chunji had unwind L.Joe’s arms, they came back and were rewrapped around my neck like a deadlock.

“Girlfriend huh?” Chunji almost couldn’t contain his laugher.

I huffed out an annoyed sigh, “Why is there a scary, drunken L.Joe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter