A Change In Time

Detached [Broken Love]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15: A Change In Time
Inna POV

“LEE CHANHEE!” I hollered tiredly waiting for the door to open since I forgot to bring my keys. 

The door swung wide open, “Where have you been?”

“L.Joe…” he was the last person I had expected to be home.

“Abuji wanted to look around so Chunji drove him,” he frowned disapprovingly, “You were missing when I woke up.”

Uh, that’s the whole point, I thought.

L.Joe came out of the house and walked around me doing a 360 degree check up.

“Who bought you all those,” he pointed to the bags in my hands.

“Sooyeon…” I lied, there was no way I would let him know that I was out with a guy for the entire day.

“Sooyeon was with you?” the wrinkles on L.Joe’s forehead seemed to smoothen slightly.

“Y-Yeah, um… can I go in?” the bags weren’t heavy but plastic weren’t exactly comfortable when they latched onto your fingers.

L.Joe gave me one last look before clearing the things off one of my hands and walking inside the house, not forgetting to inspect every bag, “Clothes,” he looked at me confused, “Didn’t I buy you a bunch a few days ago?”

“Uh…” I bit my lips.

“Or is this just a girl thing?” he asked and wrinkled his nose before setting the bags on the table, “Fending off spare time by spending your husband’s money.”

Usually I would’ve argued back well usually he’d be too busy to even notice what I did during the day, but today I was tired, screw L.Joe, let him think what he wanted.

“I’ll be upstairs,” I bowed my head slightly and brought all of my stuff with me.

L.Joe watched you with a loss of words. He didn’t want you to leave this quickly, the entire house was empty, you were his only company couldn’t you at least talk to him? Bicker with him? Yell at him, anything so he doesn’t feel so isolated. But in the end, everything was his fault if he hadn’t set himself apart from others in the first place than maybe he wouldn’t be this lonely.

Him and his stupid disorder.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV 


“Why did you call me back? I told you I was going out with Unnie!” Sooyeon closed the car door with a loud bang.

“You should stop seeing her,” Seunghyun started the engine.

“Why?” Sooyeon crossed her arms completely annoyed with her spouse.

“Myungsoo’s here,” he replied with his eyes on the road, “And I suspect that they’ve met.”

“What?” Sooyeon couldn’t believe her ears.

“I was driving around and saw him. He was walking towards the café you were in, a coincidence? I think not…”

“The SFR… Unnie’s promotion, no wonder…” Sooyeon started piecing everything together. She looked at Seunghyun terrified, “They’ve met, I’m sure of it, both of them were at the SFR. What do we do?”

“Did Yvonne say anything to you about Myungsoo,” Seunghyun asked.

“N-No… she didn't tell me anything, but for some reason she didn’t want take on the opportunity, this isn’t like Unnie,” Sooyeon clasped Seunghyun’s arm, “I know Unnie, she’ll never hesitate on something like this, I don’t know why she’s thinking about giving it up. When I asked her why… her answer was iffy.”

Seunghyun sighed, “Let’s run away.”

“Run away?!” Sooyeon shook her head furiously and Top started to become irritated, “I don’t get you! Five years ago, after settling your sister down with the Lee’s I’ve suggested for us to run away but you refused. Now Myungsoo is here, he could find you, Yvonne might get her memory back, we can get into jail!”

“THEN JUST GO TO JAIL!” Sooyeon cried, “I’ve had enough of this, all these years I have nightmares every day I don’t know how you manage to sleep so peacefully but I can’t. Every time I see Unnie, I have to smile but on the inside I’m shaking I know that every second I’m with her she could get her memory back, but I still stay here you know why? Because she’s my Unnie, I am the only person in this world who knows her past, who knows who she is. She only has me, I know I’ve wronged her before which is why I can’t make the same mistakes!”

Seunghyun clenched his jaw, “You’re not thinking properly right now, I’ll talk to you again when you’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter