Wish Granted

Detached [Broken Love]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Wish Granted

Narrator POV

“Visualize this,” the man clapped his hands once as his eyes twinkled mischievously, “tattered neon shorts, ripped up crop tops, and bright red lipstick, this year’s summer fashion should be rebellious and flashy.”

“No way, no parents in their correct state of mind would buy those kind of clothes for their kids,” another man gagged at the idea.

“Our target is teenagers not kids,” the first man rolled his eyes.

“I would kick my daughter out of the house if she dared to dress like that at any age!”

“Yeah you would… all grouchy no fun grandpas would.”

“Hey who are you calling a grandpa?”

The bickering continued as the rest of the room watched uncomfortably. Sooner or later, all the heads in the room turned to the front waiting for the board leader to put an end to this.

Sungyeol’s eyes darted between the group of people and his half dead boss, like always the hangover was probably killing him.

“Pssst Myungsoo,” Sungyeol kicked Myungsoo’s chair from beneath the table. Nothing happened.

“Myungsoo!” Sungyeol hissed slightly more urgent this time and kicked Myungsoo’s leg.

“Ow what?” Myungsoo groaned and ran a hand through his hair.

“What do you think about my idea Mr. Kim?” the cheerful youngster dropped out of the bickering contest and smiled brightly at the board leader.

“Uh…” Myungsoo’s throat went dry, he scratched his head and pretended to think about it.

“Peniel – rebels, Suho – opposes,” Sungyeol spoke through clenched teeth.

Myungsoo understood right away and turned to Peniel, “Maybe next summer.”

Peniel’s smile immediately disappeared and started sulking as Suho nodded in approval, “What a decision full of wisdom and-…”

“Yeah, yeah, don’t try and up to me, you’re not getting a promotion,” Myungsoo rolled his eyes and Suho blushed in embarrassment.

“Anyways,” Myungsoo already had something on his mind and Sungyeol started distributing files to everybody around the table.


Myungsoo stood up and walked towards the projector screen, “This summer, we will be working with the number one designer: Kim Key, and the focus is to keep it simple, and fresh.”

“A tight shirt and short skirt, that’s simple,” Peniel smiled again and pointed at a picture he had found in his folder.

Suho looked at Peniel in disgust, “Can you not be so y all the time?”

“Wow, I’m surprised you actually know what that word means,” Peniel retorted sarcastically.

Myungsoo cleared his throat making a mental note to not bring those two to America with him, he’ll probably turn deft from listening to them argue on the plane.

“This year’s theme focuses more on the person’s natural beauty and the cosmetic industry is willing to promote with us and encourage light looking make up for the summer.”

Suho stood up for a standing ovation, the others soon followed his lead all except Peniel who sat glumly in his seat.

“Any questions?” Myungsoo asked as he closed the power point.

Peniel suddenly jumped up, “Can I go to America with you? I miss it there.”

“Can I go too?” Suho blurted with both of his hands clasped tightly in front of his chest. “I’ve never been to America before and I want to go!”

“Noob,” Peniel muttered under his breath making Suho send him a death glare.

“Uh,” there was no way those two were coming with him, “Unfortunately, Mr. Kim and Mr. Shin-…”

“Will be coming with us,” Sungyeol finished the sentence and Myungsoo looked bewildered.

“I’ve already booked your tickets, the flight is at six in the morning so don’t be late,” Sungyeol smiled at the two as he secretly enjoyed the view of a momentarily paralyzed Myungsoo.

“Thank you!” the two chorused neatly and bowed in sync before leaving while squealing to each other in excitement about their tip to the US.

“What. Was. That?” Myungsoo breathed and glared at Sungyeol but Sungyeol didn’t find it intimidating at all instead he joked, “I know right? Who knew that those two could actually get along like BBF’s?”

“I mean, why did you book them flights?!” Myungsoo reached towards his neck to loosen his tie but remembered that he wasn’t wearing one since he had a turtle neck sweater.

“To bug you,” Sungyeol answered straight forwardly.

“Figured out that much,” Myungsoo muttered and grabbed his stuff, “Let’s go home, I’m dying in this sweater.”

Sungyeol smirked, “You know that the hickey still showed every time you stretched right?”

“Ahh… sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter