Empty Hearts

Detached [Broken Love]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Empty Hearts  

Narrator POV

It was already deep into the night; the lonely streets of Seoul were empty and soundless except for the occasional whistle of the wind. The whole city was asleep, of course, except for one place: The Night Club.

The club’s windows were tinted black and the walls were made sound proof so that people outside were not disturbed. However inside the club it was a totally different story. Inside the what seemed like a soulless dark room was filled with flashing lights and blinding disco balls. Loud music blasted from the speakers as people on the floor enjoyed themselves with their so called “loved ones”… but of course like always, there was an exception.

While everybody else was reaching their on the dance floor, one person sat glumly by the bar chugging down drinks, “One more martini with extra vodka,” he ordered and the bartender got busy right away.

“Here you go sir!” the bartender’s normally small eyes disappeared as he gleefully served the customer who then drank the entire thing in one go before asking for another.

It was like this every night, the same customer came; the same bartender got rich…

“Sunggyu stop serving!”

… and the same annoying brat spoils the mood.


The bartender sighed, “Sungyeol ah, get out of you aren’t going to order anything,” and then smiled again at his number one customer while sliding over the drink.

Sungyeol sighed as he watched his friend drain another cup. It was his 27th cup and it was usually his limit, this meant that it was time to move onto the next thing on his daily routine.

“Myungsoo-ah,” Sungyeol tried to stop him, “You have an important meeting tomorrow, and you’re flying overseas next week maybe you should…”

The other waved him off no longer listening, his attention was drawn by a group of cat like girls in tight little miniskirts and push up bras. He gave them a slight smile and the girls practically started purring at him from the couch. The perfect prey, he thought and got up from his stool.

Sungyeol could do nothing but sigh in despair as he watched his friend/boss make his way to the girls before completely disappearing into the dark. Since he couldn’t take his anger out on Myungsoo, Sungyeol turned and glared at the person who he could get mad at, “Just how much do I have to pay you in order for you to quit?”

The bartender leaned against the counter as he dried a glassed and pretended to actually consider the offer, “Um… let’s see… $450,000? $600,000? Oh wait I forgot Myungsoo always gives me triple the amount,” he smirked.

“Ugh! You disgust me,” Sungyeol rolled his eyes and took a sip of his 7up only to cough and splatter it out. Behind him he could hear sniggering, “You added alcohol in this didn’t you?” he narrowed his eyes at Sunggyu who just shrugged without bothering to hide his smile.

“I told you I can’t take alcohol,” Sungyeol pushed the drink away and massaged his eyes.

“Duh if you haven’t figured it out by now, I never listen... and if you can’t handle alcohol then don’t come to the club,” Sunggyu stated the obvious as he inspected his now clean glass.

“You’re evil,” Sungyeol mumbled tiredly, “Do you think I want to be here?”

Sunggyu softened a bit when he heard the other man’s words. He knew very well that Sungyeol couldn’t drink, didn’t dance, wasn’t interested in girls, and was only here to look after his friend... or at least tried to. Most of the time, Sunggyu felt sorry for the guy but he was just so fun to tease, and… for once out of the seven years of working here Sunggyu was finally able talk to someone who wasn’t dead drunk. In the deepest part of his heart he was thankful.

“Here,” Sunggyu pushed a can of un-opened 7up towards Sungyeol.

“Thanks,” Sungyeol murmured and drained the can before throwing it aside. He then glanc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter