SIX

Sweet Intermission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
{Sweet Intermission}

SIX
Too Much To Handle

 

 

 

Kim Hyuna couldn’t believe what she saw. Gimbap—korean seaweed rice roll. What the hell? Of all the food in Korea, he only bought her a roll of gimbap and he bought a Japanese set meal for himself. What the f—

“I couldn’t believe it! Surely, I was wrong. After all this time when I think you are becoming a better person, you are still a jerk. Who the hell gives only gimbap for dinner?”

“I do,” he smirked, “Enjoy your gimbap, my dear fiancée.”

She broke apart the wooden chopsticks and pouted. She was tired and hungry too. Of course, Hyuna expected him to buy something nice for her. What kind of a fiancé is he?

“I started to think that I regret having you as my fiancé,” she sighed while indulged herself with the food—gimbap.

He chuckled, “Really? Am I really that—Don’t give me that face, seriously,” he said while looking at Hyuna who rolled her eyes. He pinched her right cheek lightly and smiled. Suddenly, Hyunseung fed her with chicken teriyaki from his set meal. “This is why I bought only one expensive japanese set meal. Are you still mad at me now?”

Her eyes widen. No, she didn’t understand nor believe what he just did. This was not the Jang Hyunseung she knew. “Who are you and what the hell did you do to that stupid jerk?”

“Is it really that weird for me to be really this romantic?” he laughed.

“It’s disgusting.” She sighed and continued eating her gimbap. She had to admit that gimbap was good and delicious.

“So do you want me to feed you again?” he smirked. Damn, why did she has a best friend like this jerk? He really likes to be a sadistic type of person.

“Forget it. I’ll rather eat by myself. I’m not a little girl anymore,” she pouted.

Hyunseung chuckled and moved the set meal to Hyuna. “I ate already just now. Look at your face. I know you’re mad but it’s just a ing food.”

Of course, she would glare at him and replied, “I’m on my period. I can kill you right now and I haven’t eat much today.”

He shook his head and sighed. Hyunseung brushed off the rice on her lips and it made her shock. No, he didn’t treat her nicely because he wanted something from her. He had a bad mood and felt bad for Hyuna. He hated the fact that he left his best friend in a restaurant because of the hospital. If it was something urgent, he would not mind about it. It was just an annoying patient called Ms Han. Her spoiled personality and demanded him to be there for her. What was he? Some kind of a Florence Nightingale for her? He does realize that he needed to treat his best friend better, sooner or later obviously.

“Go on and eat. I won’t steal your meal, Hyuna.”

She muttered, “By the way, thanks for the food… Despite you are a stingy kind of person.”

Yeah, he should treat this girl better. Someone would actually take Hyuna away from him and he didn’t want that to happen.

 

 

It was a busy month for the manager of CUBE pharmaceutical company, Kim Hyuna. The upcoming projects made her busy. She had to take care of the finance, human resources, accounting, budgeting, purchasing, sales, market shares, planning, market research. Basically, everything. You could say that she is a workaholic and would do overtime to finish everything. But then, every time she finished her own work, there were still a lot of jobs that she had to handle. After all, being a manager is very hard. She had to manage everything as manager has high authority and on top of that, she had a lot of subordinates.

She didn’t have time to talk to Jang Hyunseung everytime she went home. She would throw everything on the floor and unconciously slept without changing her clothes. Damn, she didn’t even have time to reconcile with her own father.

One day, Hyuna went home and saw Hyunseung was there. It was his day off. She didn’t greet him or even look at him. As she went to her own room, she took her laptop and continued with the unfinished report. She had to submit it before midnight. Hence, she locked herself in her own room.

Jang Hyunseung, on the other side, was worried. Of course he would. She had been acting so strangely and he knew it was her work. He didn’t like to see Hyuna like this. He didn’t like the workaholic Kim Hyuna. Yes, he wanted to blame everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter