FIVE

Sweet Intermission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
{Sweet Intermission}

FIVE
Moving to Hyunseung's Apartment?

 

 

“Hey, are you feeling any better now?”

She sighed and nodded. Well, she does feel better with Hyunseung around. Nobody was like him, she felt warm whenever he was there—although he is a bastard. But he would do something to make Hyuna happy again. Yes, it always been like that.

“Not to ruin the mood, go to work. Seriously, I haven’t seen you off to work these days,” he said. It had been two weeks. The only thing that she did was shopping. How could she be so relax now?

“I went to work but I didn’t do much. There wasn’t anything serious anyway. But yesterday was a pretty busy day for me. As you can see how tired I was,” she said calmly while eating her eating her pasta, “Next week, I’ll be busy for the next project. So don’t worry if you want to see me suffering, it will be next week, Mr Jang.”

“That’s good. I’m not the only one who is busy here,” he smirked.

“My job is harder than yours, Seung. You know it’s hard to control a company. Appa’s company, to be exact,” she confessed. Yes, Hyuna worked as a manager in her father’s pharmaceutial company.

“And you think that being a doctor is easy? We have a big responsibility as a doctor. If our patient passed away in the surgery, the family would blame us all. So no, my job is harder than yours, Hyuna. Any mistake would bring to malpractice.”

It was true though. Doctors have more responsibility than being a manager. Although it was also true that being a manager has a lot of responsibility too. If she failed to achieve everything that her father ordered her to do, she would be—Nah, she didn’t want to talk about it. The company is in her hand. Any mistake would lead to redundancies and closing down the company. In conclusion, both jobs have a lot of responsibility.

“I hate arguing with you. Let’s change the topic! What’s our plan today?” she asked.

He looked at his phone and stood up. “Nope, I’m going to the hospital again today. I guess you’re on your own now, Hyuna. See you this evening then!”

“Wait you are—“

“Emergency from the hospital. Go home on your own, I think you can do that on your own. You’re 27 anyway!” he ordered. Of course, Hyuna was not a little girl who needs to be companied anyway. Hyunseung then hurriedly left Hyuna in the restaurant, alone.

She sighed. What a bastard. But then again, it was an important job for him anyway. She couldn’t help it. This is one of the disadvantages of having a best friend who is a doctor. They would leave you once they got an emergency call from the hospital. Hyuna looked at her phone and called Heo Gayoon instead.

“Gayoon-ah. Where are you?”

 

 

Heo Gayoon looked at her best friend’s ring finger. Yes, the wedding—scratch that with engagement ring. She didn’t believe it. Her best friend is getting engaged with Jang Hyunseung!

“Oh my God, what did you do, Kim Hyuna?! What. Did. You. Do. To. Get. This. Engagement. Ring!” Gayoon shouted as she made the other customers looked at them with a straight emotionless face. She then closed and ashamed.

Hyuna chuckled and explained to her everything happened to them. From the engagement agreement with Hyunseung to how her father was furious when they announced the whole engagement thing. Gayoon couldn’t be more excited for Hyuna. The young, handsome, rich doctor is now her fiancé, although it wasn’t been officially approved by her parents.

“Omo! I’m so happy for you, Hyuna-ya! Aish, you’re lucky to have Hyunseung as your fiancé!” she said cheerfully.

“It’s not like I’m going to marry him, Gayoon-ah!” she giggled. True, she felt like she was going to marry Hyunseung instead. But she couldn’t imagine that. Kim Hyuna married with Jang Hyunseung? Soon-to-be a CEO of a pharmaceutal company with a doctor. Now she thought it may actually happen with their career which actually similar to each other.

“But this kind of engagement. I’m so happy that at least you found someone to be with. So now you’re going to move to Hyunseung’s apartment?”

“Am I actually doing a right thing? What if appa found out that this is all an act for me to get away from home? I really hate that old grandma around. Feels like I’m a cinderella or something,” she confessed.

Gayoon sipped her jasmine tea. “No, you’re doing a right thing. Your father doesn’t know that yet. You’re doing a right thing, Hyuna-ya,” sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter