☆Sungyeol☆ Choding King Isn’t So Choding

・Infinite Series・

*Note* (초딩)Choding - someone who has the maturity of an elementary school kid but is much older than that. It is often used (not unkindly) as a nickname/persona for idols who have a silly/childish personality. [And I also explained the romanizations/hangul (Korean) I used in the scenario] Excuse my mistakes I’ll fix them soon~

 

 

After spending time with Woohyun, Sungyeol returned to the dorms alone. He dragged his feet towards his room that he shared with Sungjong and Hoya and plopped down on his bed. He wasn’t sleepy at all actually, he was just… down. The only person he would tell about what he’s feeling lately would be Myungsoo or you. Unfortunately, Myungsoo was busy with schedules alongside Sunggyu and Dongwoo. Since they were out of town for a few days, Sungyeol kept his thoughts to himself. It wasn’t a big enough deal for him to tell you about it and it’s something every idol thinks about. So it wasn’t that bad. Plugging in his earbuds, Sungyeol listens to his music as he shuts his eyes.  

Arriving at Infinite’s dorm, you knock on the door waiting for your boyfriend to answer. After a minute you knock and ring the bell. Still nothing. You decide to message Sungyeol instead since everyone has their eyes glued to their phones nowadays. Sitting on the porch you wait for his message. Again, nothing. “What the heck?” You whisper harshly. Scrolling through your contacts, you find Sungyeol and give him a call. You hear it ring once, then twice, and so on until the voicemail comes up. “Aish.. this guy..” You shake your head walking towards the dumpsters and crouch down. Feeling under one of the bins, you find the key taped on it and pull it off. “Mianhae managernim, mianhae Sunggyu, I need to get in.” You apologize quietly.

Closing the door, you lower your bag onto the couch and slip on the extra slippers off to the side. Walking into the kitchen you found no one in sight. “That’s weird, they’re usually in here around this time.” You tilt your head exiting. Searching the rooms after, still no sign of Infinite. “What is this? Where did they go?” You turn around towards the hall to check the backyard. Opening the sliding door, you see a soccer ball next to a picnic bench with no members. “Did I get the time wrong?” You check your phone and saw it was two ol’clock. “Maybe they went to the convenience store down the block.” You tell yourself closing the back door. Walking back to the living room, you’re suddenly startled at Sungyeol eating a bowl of cereal in the kitchen. “Yah! Sungyeol you scared me! Atleast make some noise for me to know you’re here!” You hold your chest trying to calm down your heart. Sungyeol started to loudly sip the sugary milk as he stared at you. Glaring back at him you walk over and sat down. “Can I have some?” You asked. Sungyeol gave you his bowl and refilled it with another small carton of milk and poured the cereal. Grabbing another bowl he repeated the steps. “Why did you give me you b-” Sungyeol gave you a look. “Do you not want it then?” You stayed silent then grabbed his spoon. “Komawo.” (Thank you - informally, between friends)

You noticed how silent Sungyeol was but couldn’t figure out why. You’ve already tried asking him but he would avoid the question or say “It’s nothing ______, why are you asking this?” Scooting closer to him you hug him and ask once more. “What’s gotten into you Sungyeol? What’s wrong? Just tell me, hm? You always tell me what’s happening with you.” “It’s nothing big. I’m just feeling a bit down that’s all.. really.” He casually answers. Pouting you blink cutely at him hoping this will do the trick. “I’m not falling for that ______. Don’t forget where you learned that from.” He pointed to himself with him thumb. Crossing your arms over your chest you let out a huff. Thinking of how to get him to tell you what’s going on, you wonder if you should kiss him. But then that might lead to something else do didn’t want to happen today. especially at the dorm. Instead you hold his hand in silence. He looks over at you as you keep your eyes on the television screen. He wants to tell you but again, it’s not really worth it. It was a simple worry to him. And if it’s not making him worry so much, it won’t worry others.

As you spend the rest of the day with your boyfriend, you would always be the one pulling the jokes or trying to make him laugh. It worked for a little while, but he was still sad. And it didn’t help how he spoke so little. This was irritating you and breaking your heart by the hour. Lost in thought as you wait for him to return from the restroom, you began to guess what’s wrong. Maybe if you named a few off it’ll help him open up quickly. As soon as Sungyeol sat back down with you in his room, you pulled him into a hug and began the questioning. “C’mon Sungyeol, what’s wrong? Did you lose a friend? Did a fan hurt your feelings? Are you getting hate messages? Did a sasaeng curse you?” Sungyeol sat up and began to walk away. Running towards the door, you spread yourself across the door blocking his way. “______, move out of the way.” “Shireo.” (I don’t like [it/you]/want [to/you] but it also/mostly means hate) You replied sternly. “Move ______!” Sungyeol reached for the door knob quickly. “Andwae!” (Don’t! No! basically ^^) You yelled grabbing his arm as he suddenly picked you up. “Put me down! Just tell me what’s wrong Sungyeol!” You pleaded sadly almost in anger. Sungyeol gave up. He  didn’t know you were going to be this persistent and he didn’t want this to turn into a full blown argument.

“Fine. I’ll tell you but it’s not that big of a deal ______.” Setting you down, he took a breath and said “I don’t think I contribute to Infinite at all. I feel like i’m just there sometimes to look pretty, dance okay, while I’m given one or two lines. And I know we haven’t had a comeback in a long time but I feel like our fans are leaving. And when we do comeback, we won’t be as popular like the newer groups. I know popularity isn’t everything.. but, I don’t want my fans to leave us.” He confessed with a frown. Hugging your boyfriend tightly you kiss his cheek. “Sungyeol, your fans are extremely loyal. And remeber your antis? How they turned intofans? You shouldn’t worry! Every group is different, right?” Sungyeol nodded. “And Infinite needs you. Without you, Infinite would’t be Infinite. You’re Infinite’s choding king! No idol out there, no matter how popular, handsome, or talented they are can replace you. There’s only one Sungyeol and one Infinite. Plus you will forever have one true remaining fan if you ever lost any within sixty years from now,and it’s me!” Sungyeol smiled at your speech and hugged you. “Komawo ______.” He said tenderly. “You’re welcome Sungyeol… oppa.” Sungyeol widen his eyes. “O-Oppa? Yah, ______, you should call me oppa more often! It’s too cute when you say it.” Giving him a smile you stuttered replying “S-Should I?”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For chicco28 who requested a Sungyeol one shot! I hope you like it!!! I really liked one part from this one shot.. I wonder if you can tell hahahaha >< If you would like a one shot just comment below! But may I add it won't be up as quickly as this one since I'm editing up something for another group. It's a pretty interesting/cool/big project i'm doing. If it turns out well, I could probably do more for other idol groups in the far future lol (let's just say I need to still write up 15 one shots and edit over 30+ O_O) In all, enjoy & I'll try to fix any mistakes!