__/\__ (Chapter-8) __/\__

The Heartless Heart (EXO Kai Fanfic)

Sulli froze when Kai held her hand tightly, making her stop.

She stoned right at the spot, being blank for a moment. She was in daze when she felt his grip growing tighter and she began to panic when he pulled her to bed, making her to stumble near him.

She had watched a lot of movies and drama's for her to predict what will happen next when a drunken person pulls the other to the bed, and her imagination began to grow where Kai climbed upon her and began to lean forward until their nose dashed. She immediately shook her foolish thoughts and sat upright on the edge of the bed covering her body with both of her hands.

"K-K-Kai....," she began shuttering, "Yah-you, idiot, stupid, why did you p-"

"She broke-up with me," he finally muttered something recognizable, making her screams off.

"What? Who?"

He tossed up, making his front to face the ceiling and he squinted his eyes to get a good sight from the eye-piercing light. He took a deep breath before speaking but kept his eyes shut.

"She brok...” *cough* he let a dry cough, rubbing his burning chest. Alcohol began to show its dominance over his pitiful, helpless heart, "She...” *cough-cough* this time, he began coughing so hard that his already sore throat became so dry. He could feel his heart getting harshly scrubbed by the alcohol that he drank before. The itching feeling in his chest was unbearable and he held his head tightly trying to calm it down. His breathing became slow and his face began to sweat, his hard cough accompanying it. He gritted his teeth and moaned in pain. His body crumbled in bed and his hands clutched a random blanket tightly, unable to bear the pain.

"Kai, are you alright?" Sulli came to him with wet eyes. "Stay here, I'll be back soon". She rushed to her table trying to find the Proton-pump inhibitor drug that she kept as a spare one for her studies. She ran towards him with a glass of water and the tablet. It was hard for her to make him take them because the pain stinging his heart was unbearable that he kept rolling around the bed, but after a lot of attempts, he gulped them.

She then made him to lie down on her bed properly, covering his body with the thick bed-sheet and rubbed his chest smoothly to make him comfortable for sleeping. He took few deep breaths, then placed his hands on her rubbing hands and closed his eyes, swiftly going to his peaceful sleep. She didn't mind his hands on her. She squeezed his hand lightly to assure he's safe now.

She was almost dead when she reminded Kai's painful reaction before and that scene made her to feel like her heart was being pierced by sharp needles. She spent her whole night taking care of him and also wondering who the SHE is that Kai tried to talk about.

***

'Give up, Kai. You're too slow to catch me,' Sulli yelled, while running around.

'You're going to regret it soon for saying that,' he yelled back, still chasing her. Their laugh didn't fade even though they were still running like kids.

"Good morning," a huge thunder-like sound echoed the surrounding. Both stopped running and looked at each other shockingly. Suddenly, Kai's whole body vibrated fiercely while Sulli stayed like that.

"Good morning," this time the sound was forceful and Kai opened his eyes to see Sulli shaking him for his sleep with her eye smile welcoming him to the real world.

He scanned the room and found himself in his hospital bed and his bare chest connected with wires to the machines nearby, realizing he was in dream land still now. He sighed and shook his head in annoyance.

"Did you become deaf? Should I shout my greetings to make you hear," she asked and went near his ears and began. "GOOD MOR-"

"Ouch," he moved away while covering his ears, "Why do you shout right into my ears?"

"Because you weren’t replying me," she replied, smiling widely at him.

"Good morning," he replied, rubbing his almost deaf ears. "You are really something, you know," he commented, earning another wide smile from her.

Her bright smile was a normal one but it had something on him that he couldn’t take his eyes off, kept admiring her face like being mesmerized. His eyes landed on her smiling eyes which slowly slid down to her nose that continued to her lips, where he stopped his eyes. His cheeks lightly heated to keep staring at her smiling lips that glittered in the sunlight.

He was happy to see her smiling but when those smile got even wider, he felt sad because, that wide smile was not for him but for DO who entered the scene just now.

"Hey, DO," Sulli ran towards him, leaving a dejected Kai on bed.

"Hi. How is Kai now?"

"Better than yesterday."

"Warn him again not to consume alcohol, or else it would be hard to make him live longer," he ordered Sulli, making her to nod a yes.

Their conversation was soft but loud enough to dump it in Kai's ears. 'Tsh, as if I would love to live longer,' he thought sarcastically in his mind, scowling at their back. His eyes were focusing only her figure and his eyes turned soft at her laughing body. 'But why is something in my mind ordering me to live longer which I don't understand why. I even don't understand why Sulli was in my dream where we played happily, why I'm starting to feel strange around her, or why I admire her so much these days or...' he glanced at them, 'Why do I dislike her when she smiles around with someone other than me,' he sighed with his mental notes and resumed to hear where their conversation have led by now.

"Eunji tried calling you yesterday and she said it was not reachable"

"Sorry DO, my battery was dead. Was it something important?"

''Yeah, she wants to introduce her boyfriend to us,'' DO smiled shyly biting his lips, dropping his look from her to the ground. Just by mentioning the word Boyfriend to her made him to feel like he's proposing to her, earning a cute smile from her.

'What the hell with his weird reaction to her?' Kai mentally fought with the squishy boy. 'And why is she smiling at him like that?'

''Seriously?'' she was stunned. ''At last I'm going to meet that Kim which she's been saying for months but never showing him to me.''

''Same with me. I too never had...'' their voices faded slowly as they walked out of the room and disappearing into dark, taking their talks with them. Kai was left abandoned in his room now.

'Kim?' Kai repeated the name, 'Better he don't have or do anything with Sulli, or else I won't guarantee his life. Aish, what's wrong with me? Why do I keep thinking of Sulli?. Or why do I even have to get angry with other people who are close to her? Stupid me,' he scolded himself until a call stopped him.