__/\__ (Chapter-11) __/\__

The Heartless Heart (EXO Kai Fanfic)

Kai stood there watching the latter couple, still in his shock. For a moment he was like a cat on the wall, wondering whether to talk to them or run a marathon out of the shop. When Chen noticed Xiumin in the kitchen, he wore the biggest grin of his in his face and made his way to him, making Kai to automatically escape from the shop from being noticed.

***

"Ahh... Ahh..." Kai panted with his remaining breath after his long run from the shop. He slumped down in the nearby bench hiding below a huge tree, and inhaled the oxygen to re-fill his lungs. His head fell on the backrest and his eyelids closed to rest, still heaving the air.

'So Eunji is the girlfriend that Chen hyung has been talking for past few weeks. How could she even forget me that fast after our breakup and move on so fast? How the hell did she even end up with my FRIEND?! Aish! Why should I think of her when she plays no part with my life anymore? It's over Kai. Forgetting her is the best option,' he shook his head and sighed deeply. Though he once loved Eunji, he now doubt that because he never felt some special vibrations towards her that he thought he'll get as time passes.

Bunches of chuckling sounds and yelling arose from every corner, making his eyes to open and look around. Small kids occupied the whole lot of place; running, playing, crying, jumping and sleeping. He then realized that he's been in park till now. He knew there was a construction going on and expected a shopping mall or a company but not a family park.

His eyes wandered on each and every kid, hard to focus on one since all of them were adorable in their own aspects. Though it was night, some parents were generous enough to allow their kids to enjoy the night city park and the surrounding was also not much polluted.

His smile grew wider while watching them, those giggling sound a sonata to his ears. Just by seeing them made him to want to play with them. With his own kid even; wanting to be a farther soon. But he slowly placed his hand over his chest, smile disappearing, eyes getting wet as he heard his own heartbeat. A calm beating that may turn to a panic mode anytime. He knew his life is not long enough to enjoy his wishes with his current heart condition but desiring to become a father was a new blossom in his heart after watching the cute little boys and girls in front of his eyes. He observed every move of the kids lovingly that he even neglected to blink his eyes, trying to save even a millisecond to watch them, but something in his eyes kept disturbing him.

"Oppa!" a sweet voice distracted him. He turned to his right and saw a cute girl, holding bouquet of flower that he have never seen before. Her huge eyes twinkled under the moonlight, her face similar to the flower she's holding but she looked worried. "Why are you crying oppa?"

He then realized that his tears were the one disturbing his eyes. He immediately wiped them with his palm. "Oh! I'm not crying sweetie. It's just a dirt irritating my eyes," he gave a cute smile, keeping a cool image.

The little girl came close to him and wiped his still flowing tears from his eyes with one hand while holding the flower in other. Kai smiled at her cute but meaningful action.

"What is your name?"

"Choo sarang," she replied smilingly, eyes turning into crescent. "What is oppa's name?"

"Kim Jongin. But call me Kai," he said and admired her face. "Woah, You look so pretty!"

She smiled shyly looking to the ground. "Kai oppa is also handsome.”

He controlled the urge to squish her cheeks and chuckled instead. "Thank you sweetie."

The little girl walked closer to him and handed him the flowers she was holding. "You can have this, oppa."

He viewed the flower for a while since it was the first time he's seeing that kind of flower. "This is pretty like you," he took them with both hands.

She kept smiling before him. "This is Sweet Alyssum flower- one of the sweetest smelling flowers in the world," she extended her hands wide trying to describe it. "This fragrant smelling flower can kill any type of bad mood one is having. This may not be the best flower but it has the best smell. Try it oppa," she explained.

He was surprised to see a little girl having a great knowledge about something. He inhaled the scent slowly, trying to get lost in it. He felt relieved because it actually worked. "How did you know this?"

"My unni said me."

"She must be really smart.” The little girl giggled cutely, making him to admire her.

"Hmm..." he again inhaled the smell.

"Oppa, my mommy is calling me. I'll be going now, bye!" she went near him and kissed his cheeks.

"Bye sweetie, see you soon," he hugged and kissed her squishy cheeks before bidding farewell. He couldn't leave her but he had to. He seemed to be so happy after a long time and his desire grew more by now, after being met with the small Angel.

***

Chen had a short conversation with Xiumin since he was busy with his customers and he didn’t want to pause his work for him. Chen had introduced his girlfriend, DO and Sulli to him and began to walk out of the cafe after a few chat .

Chen wondered why Kai would escape from the shop when he clearly noticed his presence with Xiumin. He didn't mind asking Xiumin though, as they would anyhow meet with their group in the club as usual.

"Omo!" Eunji shouted, her eyes wide than usual. "My car tyre is punctured."

Chen bent a little down to see and turned to her. "It's pretty obvious because you weigh like an elephant and it’s too much for the tyre to handle," Chen replied, earning a hard smack in his arms from her.

"Shut up. I'm not that fat," she shouted and turned to her car. "What do I do now?"

"I'll drop you home," Chen offered, after thinking for a moment. "I'll tell Xiumin hyung about the situation and he'll get a mechanic to take care of it."

"Aww! Thank you, Chen. You're so sweet."

"As always," he replied proudly, earning another smack from her.

"It's settled then," DO spoke up suddenly, who was hiding behind them. "You two get going. Sulli and I got some work in the park."

"What work you two have in the park at this time?" Chen raised a question in doubt. "Are you cleaning it as a part time job?"

"No, no," DO defended immediately. "We would usually spend some time with the aged people who suffer both physically and mentally to see whether we could help them in any ways. We do this weekly once."

“That’s great!” Chen exclaimed. “Can I accompany you both next time?”

"Sure," DO smiled. Then everyone said their goodbyes before heading to their place.

***

Kai spent almost half an hour playing like a kid with the kids. He never knew kids would be this much loving and sweet other than his pet's, as he spent most of his time with his dogs. He thought he was already in heaven but instantly it changed to hell when his eyes noticed a particular couple entering the park, very close to each other. Kai squinted his eyes to get an actual vision but suddenly his eyes grew big in anger. 'Why is this DO trying to stick with Sulli?'

"Sulli-ah," DO called her, as they made their way into the garden.

"Hmm?"

"Shall we go to arcade this weekend?" he suggested, fiddling with his fingers. "It's really been a long time of spending our time for ourselves. This could relieve some stress of ours."

"Not a bad idea. Well," she took a moment to check her schedule mentally, "Okay, I'm free this weekend anyway."

"Great," he smiled in satisfaction. 'I'm finally going to confess my feelings to her,' he smiled brightly, just by thinking of it but a call paused his thoughts.

He turned his left and spoke to the other line of the call. Being a profession doctor is a busy life. Call after call about appointments, medical doubts and whatnot? After a couple minutes he turned back to her.

"So Sulli, how..." he trailed when he noticed she wasn't next to him.

He was too busy with his call to notice Sulli being pulled by someone by covering to prevent her from shouting. She tried to call him, but that person was too strong to handle. DO looked all around and began to panic, gradually beginning to search for her.