__/\__ (Chapter-6) __/\__

The Heartless Heart (EXO Kai Fanfic)

It's just been 24 hours since Kai is kept locked inside his ward and being studied physically but it's the nth time that Sulli peeked through the half-glass door to check his current condition. She walked back and forth in the hallway biting her nails, waiting for her chance to escape into his ward. Though she's a doctor herself, she is still a junior for DO and she's kept away from doing advanced treatments. DO on the other side was awarded as Sulli's senior for his excellence in cardiology and at present he is teaching Sulli to reach his level.

The ward has finally opened and in no time, Sulli fled to DO, not even allowing him to step out of the room.

"Yah DO, let me in. I want to see him," she demanded, trying to get in as he blocked the way. He held her hand and dragged her out.

"No way. I'm not allowing you to kill him," he told her, still dragging her with him. She tried to retrieve her hand away from his tight grip but it always ended in failure.

"I'm not going to kill him. I just want to see him," she stated while rubbing her pink wrist after getting freed from his evil grab. They both were in consulting room now.

"Take a seat," he said while taking his own comfortable seat. He handed some folders to her from his draw for her to see. She scanned them with little worry pouring from her face.

"Is it... that serious?" she asked, hoping for a positive feedback.

"Well...," he pulled his chair more closely to the table and started doubtful. "As you see from those files, he is likely suffering from Dilated Cardiomyopathy [DCM], which is the turning point for his life. DCM is a condition in which the heart becomes weakened and enlarged and cannot pump blood efficiently. It may also affect the lungs, liver and other body system if we don't take precautionary steps," he explained and handed another set of papers to her. "These are the medications, do's and don'ts for him. You better explain it to him patiently and carefully. You can see him after ten minutes," he warned her. She immediately ran out of the room and headed to Kai's ward with the folders given by DO. He sighed at her curiousness.

 

***

 

Kai was sighting the afternoon street through the window next to him when she entered his room. He seemed to be in his deep thoughts, she thought, staring at his well built figure. The shining sunlight was scattered into the room giving a heavenly look, where Kai silently sat in his bed looked like an angel. His facial features can be well noted that she didn't skip to do. His small twinkling eyes, syringe lengthen nose, sponge like cheeks, cherry lips- which made her to skip a beat of her heart just to see or think of his. She flinched from her description when Kai turned to her.

"Hey Doctor baby, come in," he warmly invited her in. She walked slowly and sat in the chair next to his bed. "Why are your eyes red and puffy? Did my Doctor baby cry?" he asked innocently, turning his whole body to face her.

"Allium cepa," she said gritting her teeth, sending confusion to him.

"What?" he asked her to repeat the foreign word he just heard.

"Nothing," she rubbed her reddened eyes and continued; "These are the things that you should strictly follow from NOW on. And, don't call me baby again," she offered the papers to him which DO gave her after warning him. He just gave a glance to it and threw it on the table beside, shrugging her warning.

"I want to ask you something," he came a little forward and looked into her eyes.

"W-What's that?" she spoke, uncomfortable with their almost nearness.

"Well...," he began slowly, rubbing his nape, "When I fainted in the Church you were beside me, right?"

"Yes... So what?" she asked confused.

"People usually give CPR to the victims. So...,"

"So...?"

"So... Did you give me that treatment? That mouth to mouth breathing?" he asked dropping his head down and biting his lower lip. His cheeks showed little bit of red shades and he was- shy?

Sulli's heartbeat was little faster on hearing his words plus his expression made her to gulp. Seconds of awkward silence filled the room.

"Look at me," she broke the silence, making him to slowly looked up and see her. "You idiot ert," she remarked him and threw a pillow to his face.

"Yah- Doctor baby, why are you like this?" he asked shocked, "Isn't that true?”

"No idiot," she gave a knock over his head. "I didn't do CPR but I used ResQpump instead"

"Ouch!" he whined in pain, rubbing his head, "Do you carry it everywhere?"

"I'll have it in my car always specially to escape from erts like you.”

"I'm not a ert,"

"Yes, you are," she assured. "And why did you come to Church?"

"It's my routine," he grinned widely.

She sighed and took the papers from the table and began explaining him his problems, do's, don'ts and everything he should be aware of.

 

~~~

 

Later that night, after finishing her duty in the hospital, Sulli headed to her house and get some good rest from her tiring work. Suddenly, she received a call from her best friend.

"Sulli-ah, I'm in the nightclub. Want to join me?" Eunji asked, not aware of the tiredness her friend is suffering from.

"Sure. Only if you’re ready to get killed," she nonchalantly answered but ended like a threat.

"Sorry," she frowned, "Bye, take care" Eunji hung the call.

Sighing, she was about to keep her mobile down but another call alerted her.
"What's up DO?"

"Sulli-ah, do you know where is Kai?" his voice showed panic.

"No. Is anything wrong?" she stopped her car in the roadside so she could talk to him clearly.

"Yes. I have to check him but he's not in the hospital and he's neglecting all my calls too".

"What?" she shouted in shock. "Ok. I'll try to find him" she hung the call and massaged her paining temple. ‘I swear I’m going to inject him with the biggest needle he has ever seen’. She started the engine to look for him. She checked her watch and wondered where he will be in this late night.