__/\__ (Chapter-1) __/\__

The Heartless Heart (EXO Kai Fanfic)
Although it's been a year, everything seemed to be happened yesterday. The smiles, talks, hugs, cries, kisses, everything they shared was drowning in her heart like the fresh snow falling from the sky. Her body shivered more than usual as the cold winds danced upon her skin, sending fog out from while trying to suppress her broken tears that wouldn't remain in her eyes. Her breathing became uneasy, inhaling and exhaling at irregular intervals. Her flown tears were almost to freeze upon her fluffy cheeks like a Crystal but were wiped away by a hand next to her.
 
"Let's go, Sulli," the person next to her hugged her delicate shoulders with one arm and other holding her hand, continued, "Standing in front of the grave will not bring that person back to life anymore. You can't... you should not stand in cold for a long time and you know as well. Please, let's go!" that persons voice came as a desperate beg.
 
She's very well aware of that fact but still, she couldn't leave the place. A lot of memories rushed in her thoughts, making her unable to move from her spot. But, she also doesn't want the latter to suffer in the pricking winter winds with her for a now lifeless person; hence, she nodded her head a little, indicating she's ready to leave the place.
 
That person let a sigh of relief as Sulli needn't want to worse her asthma from being exposed to cold for a very long time. Sulli was guided to the car and was made to sit comfortably in the passenger seat. She then retrieved her inhaler from the glove compartment and inhaled it to control her breathing.
 
After few minutes, she began to breathe normally, composing her usual breathing. It wasn't her first time for having her asthma, it comes back regularly whenever she's too stressed or being out in extreme cold or hot areas. After being relieved, she laid back in the seat and watched the grave.
 
The car was moving out of the cemetery, peacefully, but her gaze still lingering to the grave. She leaned her head against the window as her eyes were still fixed to the grave through the rear view mirror, trying to review her past once again.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
__/\__PAST__/\__
 
 
 
 
The silence in room was disrupted by a sudden call, startling the sleeping person on the studying table. Angered with the disturbance that spoiled her nap, she ignored it for a while that directed the caller to the voice message, but the call continued as the caller was persistent. Finally she gave in.
 
"Hello!"
 
"Yah, Sulli! How long do you need to attend my call?"
 
"I'm sorry, Eunji-ah, I...*Yawns*... I was studying."
 
"I can see that," she commented sarcastically, already aware of her friends nature of sleeping right after studying for hours. "Doesn't matter. Be ready at 7 PM, Okay?"
 
"Why?" Sulli asked, rubbing her sleep-hugged eyes.
 
"I'm going to the nightclub and you're accompanying me."
 
"What?" her eyes opened wide in horror, straightening her back in the chair. The thoughts for try-to-sleep-soon were long gone by now. "No, no. I'm not coming."
 
"Yes, you are. I'll be at your home at seven. Bye." Only the beep sound was heard after the call was ended. She frowned and threw her mobile in bed, laying her head on the studying table once again.
 
She isn't the type of person who goes clubbing or parties to spend her precious time with some strangers. To be honest, she hates them; because, there will be many people wandering like zombies and dancing like monkeys, holding their drinks to spoil their organs. Well, that's what she observed in the movies and she totally hates them, but she is not an anti-socialist by the way.
 
 
 
__/\__/\__
 
 
 
Sulli shot her head up with her half-closed eyes when she heard her alarm screeching next to her ears. It was 5 PM and she's left with only couple of hours more for Eunji's uninvited visit.
 
She dragged her feat to the closet for fishing some clothes but nothing caught her eye that would be decent to wear for the clubbing atmosphere. A call totally woke her from her standing nap against the door.
 
"Hello!"
 
"Sulli-ah, remember the bag I gave you after our shopping?"
 
"Yes. Don't worry, I hadn't opened it."
 
"It's for you, stupid. Wear that dress and get ready," she said and hung the call immediately, not letting her to speak anything more.
 
Sulli eagerly grabbed the said bag from the corner of her closet and opened it. Her forehead frowned, adding a disgust look to her face after checking her clothes. It was a Black Sequin Fit and Flare dress that ended meters above her knees and almost half of her back was exposed.
 
She couldn't digest on what she's seeing. She began to doubt whether the provided clothes were actually for her or for her future daughter because, Oh God! The clothes exposed almost half of her body. Now she knew why her friend made her wait outside the shop telling her it's suspense. She wanted to whine to her about the selection of clothes, but she knew her words would go only in vain if she does it.
 
Enduring it just for her best friend, only for a night, she accepted her fate. Proceeding to wear it and did a light touch-up with BB cream and glossed her lips to add beauty for her cute face, she let down her hair free without any style, just to cover her revealing back. After almost an hour, she was finally ready and took a full look of her reflection in the mirror.
 
Meanwhile, Eunji eagerly parked her car and skipped across the hallway, being early than planned, and opened Sulli's room.
 
"Sulli-ah...," she gasped, looking stunned at the sight in front of her. After a long stare upon her, she spoke. "Yah, Sulli! You look... absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous," she commented.
 
"Don't force yourself," she turned to her and frowned. "And why did you choose me this dress? It's so small!" Sulli exclaimed, stomping her legs like an adamant kid.
 
"Shut up. You look like an angel," she complimented her once again. "Come, let's go," she then pulled Sulli with her, in spite of her restrictions.
 
"I shouldn't have agreed."
 
"But you did."
 
"Yeah," Sulli rolled her eyes, before getting into the car and wearing the seatbelt. Now, she was ready for first ever clubbing in her entire life.
 
She could have disagreed the moment Eunji asked her to come, but they both were best friend ever since they were kids, and were almost close like sister ever since then. To be short, they are like flesh and skin that are hard to separate.
 
 
 
__/\__/\__
 
 
 
After twenty minutes they finally reached their destination, parking their car in the parking lot.
 
"We are here!" Eunji cheerfully exclaimed, smiling from ear to ear but Sulli felt so nervous and tensed, feeling lost even before entering the club.
 
The roaring sound of the music mixing with the humans was heard in the entrance. 'I should endure it,' she thought, as she took a deep breath before going in with Eunji.
 
The eye-piercing flashing lights welcomed her to the modern hell. The colour lights almost blinded her from seeing anyone near her. The rocking music bashed her ear-drums. Invisible smoke mixed with alcohol penetrated her nostrils, wanting her to puke instantly.
 
"Come on," she was pulled by an over-excited Eunji to the drinking area, making Sulli to dance on their way but ended in failure. Squeezing her way through the sweaty sticky crowd of strangers was never in her wish list.
 
"One Screwdriver and an orange juice, please," Eunji ordered the bartender professionally, taking their seats to their comfort.
 
Not to get surprised but Eunji loves nightclubbing and can be often seen in these kind places. She's a carefree bird that loves to explore new places and make many new friends, unlike Sulli.
 
"Just wait here, Sulli. I have some commitments to attend," Eunji rushed her way.
 
Watching her hurry made Sulli to wonder what commitment would she have, but soon realized she was on her way to the Ladies room when she tailed her gaze upon her. She sighed and sipped her drink, calmly trying to enjoy the music but was continuously disturbed by the murmuring of two girls sitting next to her.
 
'Look at him. He's so damn hot!'
 
'Yeah, and also super y to do perfect things.'
 
'I want to kiss him so bad.'
 
'Me too!'
 
'Even the way he drinks make me want him more. I wonder in what all other things he'll be good at.'
 
'Do people even exist like him? I want to cuddle with him.'
 
'The way he sways, I just want him to...'
 
Enough. She couldn't stand to the disgusting conversation between them. Whatever she did to ignore them, their words ghosted her mind, resulting her to turn her head left and see about the talked man.
 
A golden-tan skinned male pinned his slim glass in between his index and middle finger balancing it with his thumb before gulping the blue water from the glass that rushed penetrating into his plum lips. His messy black hair contrasted his classy clothes. His face had sharp edges with a neat jaw line.
 
He signalled the bartender for another shot while a girl from nowhere came and sat beside him. On their way with simple unheard conversation, that man placed his hand over the girls bare shoulder and leaned forward, beginning to kiss. The kiss began to get horrible and very disgusting that Sulli couldn't see it.
 
"Yuck," she commented, almost spitting her juice and took her gaze away from them. "Is this how a club is? Oh God! I don't want to contaminate my senses anymore. Where is this Eunji? I want to go home," she whined softly, not being attentive to her surroundings. She jumped in surprise and turned her head to her right at the sudden sensation of someone holding her shoulder.
 
"Hey, baby! Are you alone? Want to go home with me?" he smirked, and sat beside her with his pink drink.
 
No words came out from after realizing that the golden-tan skinned man sitting so close to her and his hands were on her bare shoulder, trying to roam his hands all over her back. With a wide eye, she immediately snapped his arm away from her shoulder.
 
"Playing hard, baby?"
 
She gulped in nervous and wished Eunji to be back soon. She acted like she wasn't affected by him which she clearly did. Her heartbeat started rising to feel him so close to her face that seemed like he could kiss her if he leaned an extra inch more.
 
As said, he did lean forward but not for a kiss. "Are you mute, baby?" he whispered in her ear, making her shiver from a different feeling she's been experiencing.
 
She couldn't control her anger anymore. "STOP CALLING ME BABY AND MOVE AWAY," she shouted, only audible to him.
 
He took a sip of his drink not minding her protest, and gave a slow glance to her whole body. "You look cute and hot at the same time, BABY. I'm Kai," he held out his hand only to be refused by her.
 
She gritted her teeth to calm herself down from his un-required compliment and immediately took a move from that place. No one has ever made her uncomfortable within minutes but this erted guy broke that record.
 
Sighing, she immediately made her way out of the club by getting squeezed in the crowd. She didn't mind the repeated calling sound from that Kai person who was having fun in teasing her.
 
 
 
__/\__/\__
 
 
 
"Where are you, Sulli?" Eunji asked, when she noticed no sight of her in the club anymore. She searched the entire club to find the missing Sulli.
 
"I'm going home by bus, bye," Sulli immediately hung the call and got into the bus, confusing her friend more than she was. She refused all the calls from Eunji that repeated for a whole ten minutes.
 
After reaching home, she immediately stripped her clothes off and took a bath before dropping herself in her comfortable night dress. She jumped into the bed and covered her body with a blanket, hugging her legs as tightly as possible. The image of people checking her out in the club and in the street made her tears slope down from her eyes.
 
She couldn't ignore the stare from different people on her that meant everything wrong. She bit her lips and wiped her tears, reaching for the table lamp to switch it off, closing her eyes and pushed herself to sleep, trying to forget this night as a horrible nightmare.
 
 
 
 
_______________________________________Thanks for reading this first chapter. Hope you like it. If so, then please vote, comment and share. Support my next chapter too.