__/\__ (Chapter-2) __/\__

The Heartless Heart (EXO Kai Fanfic)
A nightmare haunts any person who has suffered it in their life and same goes to Sulli, who couldn't think straight in any of her works. Likewise, whatever she does to forget the previous night incident or more like a nightmare, somehow or something helps her in reminding the last night. Even the traffic signal gladly helped her to remind about the lights in the club that gradually resulted her in rash driving. With Lord’s mercy, she successfully reached her destination neither with any damage nor in any accident. She got down from the car and leaned against it, finally attending her continuous call.
"Hello!"
"Hello, Sulli?"
"Yes...."
"Thank God, you are safe," a sigh of relief could be heard on the other line. "I feared that you were in trouble. Are you alright?"
"Don't worry DO," she assured her worrying friend, "I was driving that I couldn't attend your call"
"Good. Where are you now? You're getting late," DO panicked, knowing that she shouldn’t be late in her profession. It’s so important than any other urgent work.
She smiled. Don’t worry; I'm right down here in the entrance of the hospital. I'll be up in few minutes," she confirmed him, making his frown to disappear for a while.
"Oh! By the way, do you know where my sister is? I couldn't reach her since last night," fear conquered his face. He sometimes hates his lovely sister for making him worry about her, though she has reached her twenties.
"Hmm...," Sulli pretended to think for a while before answering him, "Well...! Eunji was in club last night and obviously she'll be drunk. She might be resting in our guest house for sure. So quit worrying.”
"I hope so. Now come up fast," he hung the call after hearing her ‘Sure’.
Guest house is a medium sized house where they three join to have fun from their killing and tiring work. This house was basically Sulli's former house before she moved into a fresh apartment and also Eunji’s escaping spot when she feels down. She knew she has disappointed Sulli by taking her to the club, hence, she would definitely be there or would have been there.
"Wow, great act my dear friend!" Eunji walked to her, clapping like a retarded seal and smirking like a circus monkey. "Though you saw me right from the beginning, you still lie to my brother?"
Sulli neglected her like she was invisible and kept walking her way.
"Hey wait," Eunji ran to her and grabbed her hand, halting her way.
"What?" Sulli provided her a blank face.
Her gaze went down in shame. "I'm sorry for yesterday night. I don't know what happened but I'm sure you had trouble. Will you take my apology?" Eunji pouted, showing her aegyo like a kid and made a heart with her hand. Sulli's weak point was activated now.
"Argh..., Fine. Stop it," she demanded.
“Then, you forgave me?” she asked with hopeful eyes.
“Yes.”
"Thank you dear," she flashed a smile and kissed her cheek. "I have the world's best-friend ever," she remarked by hugging her tight. “Love you,” she ran away from her, leaving a smiling Sulli behind.
'Cute girl,' Sulli sighed, walking to the hospital. Sulli never thought that showing affection to your loved ones is ever wrong. It's a sign of a strong relationship, no matter what type you are in.
 
***
 
"Am I late?" Sulli carefully peeked her head through the half-opened consulting room door, searching for a boy with a pair of specs guarding his round huge eyes.
"As usual," a voice came from a chair behind the modern wooden brown desk. She saw DO adjusting his eye-glass while examining an X-Ray which she hasn’t seen before.
"I'm sorry," she apologized while entering the room and closing it behind. "So, what's with that X-Ray? A new one?" she asked while allowing herself comfortably in one of the chair.
"Of course, a new one, though," he sighed and turned back to her. His eyes rounded than his usual one after seeing her. "Yah, wear your coat. How many times would I've told you not to enter the room without your doctor coat?"
"DO-ooo...," she dragged his name, whining like a cry baby. "I feel congested wearing that. I’m burning inside it.”
DO chuckled at her pouty face and took her white coat from her bag, walking toward her and covering her shoulders with it. "It's almost winter out there and you want me to believe you when you say you’re burning? You will soon catch a cold because of your low immunity power and I don’t want you to be sick. Take care of yourself too aside from our patients," concern was spread across his face.
Her cheeks began to change into light pink to feel him so close to her while making her to wear the coat. "O-OK, sure," she said as she fixed her coat.
Having a crush on DO for months and also staying close with him for half of her life was nothing easy. She didn't know when it started but she had something towards him and yet she didn't find what it was. There were times where she had wondered whether her true crush is DO or his face is just quite appealing to her liking, but she couldn’t conclude it. Though she felt something missing in her feelings towards him, she always dodges that thought and enjoys crushing him.
"Ah..., Sulli-ah," he interrupted her thought, "We have a new patient," he said and handed the X-Ray to her before sitting in his seat, opposite to her.
She lifted the X-Ray paper to a higher position to get a clear view of the black plastic in her hand. After studying for a few seconds, she turned her gaze to DO. "So...," she paused as she places the X-Ray down on the table and then continued, "Is it serious?"
He sighed. "I still have to do blood test and physical examination to confirm it," he said and handed some folders to her from his desk-draw, "You're going to help me in this, too".
"My pleasure to do, Sir" she smiled, bowing and showing her marble like teeth.
DO give’s a small giggle on her action. "You can check the patient now. Probably, he may be resting now and...," he takes a moment to think, "The ward number is 403.”
Obeying DO's order, Sulli walks her way while examining the folders in her hand. She views the patients name, age, problem, medical history and other required details to know before interrogating with the patient.
Her steps slow as she was nearing the ward. She stops and looks the ward number she is currently standing in. "402?” she shakes her head, remembering its 403 and moved a little further, positioning herself before the ward 403. She opens the door and entered slowly, in order not to wake the resting patient, as warned by DO.
She takes few steps towards him until she freezes on her spot after seeing the patient. She stood there with wide open eyes and mouth hanging apart in pure shock. For no apparent reason, her heart started beating fast and grew nervous when she locked her gaze with the awaken patients eyes. Mixed emotions filled her soul.
 
 



Author's Note:

I'm so sorry for updating is late. I shouldn't have done this but I did. Hope you all will forgive me this time, *puppy eyes* Please...

And, coming to the story, was this fine? I would like to hear your precious comments and suggestion about it. I'll make it better in next chapter if you'r dissapointed. Thanks for reading.