__/\__ (Chapter-9) __/\__

The Heartless Heart (EXO Kai Fanfic)

Kai's thoughts were distracted when he got a call. His frowned forehead expanded and his face lit up on seeing the callers ID. "Xiumin hyung!" he exclaimed happily.

"Good morning from, 'Minseok Coffee Shop'. We would like to remind you about our Wednesday special: 'Coffee and Walnut sponge,' which is actually today. So please do come and...”

"Hyung," Kai smiled brightly.

"Please do come and have a feast of your favourite Walnut sponge cake that we baked with extra softness and w...”

"Hyung, I'm drooling here. Please stop," Kai requested, still smiling like an idiot, but the other line continued.

"...And with extra walnut and whipped cream plus tempting crunchy choco chips scattered on and in the fluffy layers of the cake. So submit yourself in our shop by night to have a delightful dessert"

"Hyung," Kai's sheepish grin didn't fade even a bit. "Thanks for reminding me. I almost forgot."

"I knew you would, and that's why I gave the information beforehand. Will you come today?"

"Hyung! It's my favourite among any items and nothing can stop me from it. I'll be there an hour earlier."

"Hoping so," Xiumin smiled and hung the call.

"Was it Kai?" Sehun asked Xiumin when he noticed the latter keeping the phone over the nearby shelf.

"Yeah," he replied, blending flour and eggs together and making it a creamy paste. He kept waiting patiently for Sehun to help him, but he sat idly and so he decided to speak up. "And you better stop starring at your mobile and help me now."

His hyung’s sudden voice startled him. "Oh!" he glanced the milk-white faced human and hid his mobile in his pocket. "Well fine, what help do-" Sehun was cut by the ringing of his mobile. He cautiously peeked at Xiumin to confirm that he isn't looking and sneaked out of the cafe.

"Hello, noona," he whispered.

"Sehun-ah, is Kai coming to the cafe today?" the other line questioned him.

"Yes noona, he's coming," he said, still whispering and also looking his sides to make sure no one is watching him.

"Good, then I'll be there"

"Ok, noona. I'll be waiting," he replied and hung the call after the other line, and then went inside.

"Where were you?" Xiumin asked him, mixing the ingredients for the cake.

"I-I just, I just, saw someone I knew," he stammered.

"Hmm?'' he gave a doubtful glare and shook his head. "Never-mind, now help me with grinding the walnuts."

"Yeah, sure," he sighed in relief and began helping him.

***

"Hey, Doctor baby, are you free tonight?" Kai asked Sulli, tailing wherever she's going.

"No. I'm busy," she shrugged and kept roaming his ward to add necessary equipment's for his treatment. Whatever she did to make him sit in his bed, he would jump up and follow her when she isn't looking at him. So she let him do what he wished.

"How about seven?"

"No.”

"Seven-fifteen?''

''No, still busy.''

''Seven-thirty?''

“Very busy.”

''Seven-forty five?'' She stopped and turned back to him, only to get almost pushed back by the closeness between them. The distance between their bodies was just inches away from being crushed. She pushed him away after a good few seconds of staring at each other, which was the beginning of building an invisible bridge between their soul.

"Yah, why do you always walk sticking to me?''

''Because I'm attracted to you," he blurted out without any second thought. His words filled the room with silence. He covered his mouth in shock, lately realizing what he had said. He could feel his cheeks getting a little hot and even traces of pink shades can be seen on her cheeks. After a minute of awkward silence, Sulli spoke first.

''Wh-What? What are you even talking about?''

''I-I mean, I'm a patient and y-you are a doctor and so, I should be close to you so you could treat me when I'm sick''. 'What am I saying now?'.

''Eh?'' she asked confusingly, making a cute frown.

''No-nothing,'' he dropped his look from her eyes, which he felt intimidating for no reason. ''I'll be going to the restroom now,'' he excused and sprinted like a lightening.

She felt a strange vibe while they exchanged stares and feared that she would be totally captivated by him if the stare prolonged any longer. Her warm cheeks and fast-beating heart was something new for her that she didn't feel even when she was around DO, her crush for months. She shook her head to get rid from her daze. 'Why did he say that?' she bit her lower lip thinking of his stupid reply and slowly moved out from his room.

Kai peeked from the washroom door and calmly watched her standing and thinking about something deeply and waited until she exited the room. He released the air from his mouth and came out from his hiding place, slowly walking to his bed, still wondering what made him to say that.

***

Sulli walked to the office room to submit her reports to DO after clearing her mind from her former chaos. She stood in the entrance to watch what DO was secretly doing near his draw, holding something like a small velvet box. But as she was facing his back she couldn't see what actually he's holding.

''Hey, DO. What ar-“ she trailed off when he hurriedly closed his draw and faced her with huge round eyes. An awkward smile plastered his face.

''N-Nothing, j-just nothing,'' his noticeable voice-cracking and his cheeks flushing red made her to suspect him. She walked towards him.

''I don't think so,'' she stood close to him now. ''Say what you are hiding from me.''

''Nothing, Sulli-ah,'' he blocked his draw from her reach. She eyed him doubtfully for his action which made her to convince that there is something.

''Liar,'' she tried pushing him away, but he stuck to his draw preventing her every try from all the sides.

''It's nothing, Sulli-ah.''

''I'll confirm it.''

''No please, it's nothing,'' whatever he did, she was stubborn to look into his draw.

He really wanted to hide the box from her but her out of control actions are making it so difficult for him. He definitely knew that if this continued, then she'll surely find the box and she'll find what type of feeling does DO is having for her. So for this whole situation his mind could bring only one solution at present. So without hesitation, he plants a soft kiss on her soft cheeks, which is enough to freeze her instantly. He could feel his own heartbeat rushing in high speed with his brave move but he immediately used this opportunity to lock his draw.

''I-I'm sorry, Sulli-ah,'' he ran out of the room as soon as apologizing her. She never ever thought this would come from her crush. Her cheeks became red in some unknown feeling but Kai's cheek was red in anger, to see what DO has done to her.

Kai had been searching Sulli for apologizing for his sudden behaviour and he was about to pass the office room when something caught his side vision. Sulli was trying to reach the draw behind DO and suddenly, he kissed her cheeks and escaped from there. He felt the urge of punching DO's mouth for kissing her cheeks and before that, he wished to make Sulli his girl at any cost, and also separating her and DO before anything could happen between them.