__/\__ (Chapter-12) __/\__

The Heartless Heart (EXO Kai Fanfic)

Kai hid himself behind a huge tree when he heeded the arrival of DO and Sulli as they seemed like they were talking intensely. Though they were quite far away from him, he deeply concentrated on their voice and traced their conversation fully.

'Is he seriously want them to relieve their stress on Saturday or asking her out indirectly?' he tilted his head for his own confirmation. 'I must anyhow stop them at any cost,' he promised and turned to them again.

His eyes broadened in terror when he spotted Sulli being dragged by someone, covering . He stood still for a minute until his senses kicked in. He didn’t know what to do so he just followed them secretly until they were in the other end of the park. Kai wanted to Wushu that hooded guy where he learnt some basics from his friend, Tao, but he was surprised to see Sulli wasn't trying to escape from that person, and her eyes were smiling. So he decided to stay behind the bush and watch them.

 

 

 

"I know you," Sulli said, after yanking that person's hand away from . That person came in front of her, taking his hoodie and revealing his face.

"You're really smart, I must say," he commented.

"Of course I'm, Taemin," she said proudly, eyes still smiling.

"But how did you find me?"

"I saw your sister Choo Sarang around here, so I guessed even you might be here too."

"Hmm..." he hummed a sad reply, and both began to walk around. "My sister's health is seriously worrying me. She's just seven and it's not an age to suffer any heart problems."

"She'll be fine, Taemin," she replied softly, placing a hand over his shoulder to comfort him. “Miracle does happens.”

"I hope the same," his voice muffled, his tears getting ready to pool his vision. "So when is her next check-up?"

"A week later."

"Okay," was the only thing he could reply.

They simply walked around silently, no one initiating any topic. Taemin walked looking at the sky while Sulli felt sorry for his sister's condition. A sudden notification popped up from Taemin's mobile, getting his attention away from the blank sky. He viewed the message before speaking to her. "I've got an urgent work now. Will see you a week later. Bye." he waved and ran out of the park.

"Bye," she shouted, and watched him rushing. She then made her way to the entrance of the park, where she has abounded DO earlier.

 

 

 

"I never expected such a situation for my sweetie," Kai mumbled, as he came out from his hiding place. "She's really such a sweet and an innocent girl, and why should God let her have a heart problem? Human life is such a freaking maze of hell," he kicked a stone nearby to show his anger, making his move out of the park.

 

 

***

 

 

Sulli noticed DO searching for her, once in a while taking break from talking with the elders. She smiled and went near him.

"Hey, DO!"

He turned back and saw Sulli coming towards him. "Where were you? I've been worried of your absence," his tone showed he was clearly panicked.

"I met Taemin here, so just chatted a little with him."

"Oh!" he turned back to an aged woman and checked her pulse. "So when are you going to check his sister again?"

"After a week," she answered, and stood next to him so she is face to face with the aged women. "How are you, Aunt Song?" she flashed her eye-smile.

"Better with both of your help," she replied in a dry voice. She looked at her lovingly for a long time and spoke again. "You look pretty as always, dear."

"Thank you, Aunt Song," she smiled even more brightly, and gave a caring hug. "Even you are pretty."

The women chuckled at her words and hugged her back. DO made a playful cough, gaining their attention. "It's ok not to lie Song-ssi. She looks just fine," he lied.

"Yah, DO, don't be jealous."

"I'm not."

"You are."

“Why should I?"

"Because you're jealous," she stuck out her tongue playfully. He sighed, unable to argue with her.

The women laughed at their cute fight. "You're both sweet together. I wish you both could be a couple one day," said the lady.

DO blushed instantly, where Sulli's smile faded slowly. She's aware that she likes DO but something in her heart wants Kai to replace DO. She wished Kai could be next to her right now instead of DO, and be a couple with him and not with DO.

Later, they both spent their time with the elders and children’s in the park. Every time when DO gets close with Sulli, she began to space out suddenly. She herself couldn't figure why she was doing that, but she did.

 

 

***

 

 

Next bright day was a warm morning. Everyday Sulli had the same routine of work like taking care of her patients, but it was only until Kai became one of her patient. His daily whining and ranting made her sick, but she liked it because he followed her everywhere. She loved when his presence was close with her, but she hated how fast her heartbeat ran and how red her cheeks flushed in nervous when she was with him.

"Doctor baby, let's go out somewhere this Saturday," Kai begged for the hundredth time, roaming around with her. She was really happy that he has asked her out, but she has agreed with DO and didn't have the heart to neglect DO's request.

"I've already said you I'm busy on that day, so I can't come with you," she replied, as she cleaned the apparatus with sanitizer.

"Oh, come on Doctor baby! Please," he whimpered. He tried convincing her for almost an hour, but she bounced back the same answer. He really wanted to ruin the time between Sulli and DO that is going to be spent this Saturday, but getting rejected of his offer made him go crazy. He madly wanted to occupy his time only with her and she just made it difficult for him.

"I'm sorry, Kai. I can't."

"If you're not going to accept, you'll regret it soon for saying no," he warned her in advance.

"I'm not frightened. Go ahead," she granted him.

Even before a second could pass, she felt two arms circling her waist from her back. She stood motionless in shock, which permitted him to tighten his grip around her body more. Sulli could feel his body being pressed against her back, his breath breezing against her neck that made her cheeks warm and red.

"Are you sure you won't regret?" he questioned her in his soft voice, making her to skip a couple of her heartbeat.

"I won't r-reg-," she stopped when his grip grew even more tighter, squeezing her waist, her heartbeat was faster. She could almost feel his own heartbeat and it was fast as hers.

"You won't?" he smirked, and blew some air into her ear, letting her to shiver. She found herself getting mesmerized by him that she immediately wanted to turn back and hug him tightly, but before she could complete her thoughts, a voice diverted her eyes to the door.

"Sulli-ah!" DO gasped, standing there in utter shock trying to reason out the scene in front of his eyes.