__/\__ (Chapter-5) __/\__

The Heartless Heart (EXO Kai Fanfic)
Big mushroom-like trees blocking the sun beams, cold-twirling wind sweeping her face, the car racing with the speed of the flying birds, a couple being lovey-dovey in their bike, is all what Sulli is experiencing on her journey to the Church. She was so much sunken in her thoughts that she almost got hit in her head by the front seat when her driver suddenly braked the car.
 
"Whoa, that was close!" she commented, surprised at her driver's sudden halt.
 
"I'm sorry, so sorry Mam. I didn't mean it," her driver apologized, feeling guilty on his way of behaviour.
 
"I’s fine, never-mind," she told and got out from her car. "Wait here. I'll be back in an hour," she ordered him and started climbing the Church stairs. She always hated the long stairway that she had to climb in order to go to Church. When she was almost on top, a call made her to stop.
 
"Hello, Sulli?"
 
"Yes. Where are you, Eunji?"
 
"S-surrounded by different vehicles," she replied in a worried tone, adding a fearful one.
 
"What?" Sulli panicked. "What's happening there? Is there any problem?" her face was filled with fear.
 
"Yes. I'm stuck in traffic," she replied in a same tone.
 
"Aish! Idiot. You made me worry that something bad had happened to you," she almost shouted, that only earned a laugh from the other line.
 
"I should've seen your face," Eunji replied, still laughing.
 
"Shut up. Feel safe that you didn't see me. If you were here, I would've parted your teeth from your gums," she climbed the stairs while talking to her, "So you're not going to come, right?"
 
"I'm sorry, Sulli-ah," she drowned her voice, already giving her the answer, "You yourself know how much I wanted to come there but I'm held in traffic session that wouldn’t end anytime soon. I'm so sorry"
 
"It's OK," Sulli answered half-hardheartedly. "We'll go together another day. Bye," she hung the call.
 
She sighed when she was at the entrance of the Church, deciding whether to climb down the long length stairway or better get into the Church. After few seconds, she chose the second option.
 
She assumed a lot of people to be there inside as there where lot of footwear’s scattered at the entrance. She walked straight to the Father as she always does.
 
"Hello, Father Suho. How have you been?" she bowed at him politely, smiling brightly.
 
"Hello Sulli-ah," he smiled at her. "With God's blessings, I'm great. How are you?"
 
"I'm totally good"
 
"Where's your friend, Eunji?" he questioned eagerly.
 
"She's stuck in the traffic unable to make her way here," she replied sadly. "She was so much interested to come here"
 
"No problem dear," he tapped her head gently. "God might have a different plan. Now go join the crowd. The mass is about to begin"
 
"Okay," she smiled again and turned back to the sitting crowd.
 
As expected, the Church is really crowded. With all her eye-power, she carefully scanned and zoomed the hall to find an empty place for her to sit. Suddenly, her roaming eyes got hooked with staring eyes. That penetrating stare from those eyes sent shivers down her spine, giving her weird feelings. That constant eye-lock added extra beats for her heart, making her weak and jelly but she saved some courage that made her leg automatically walk towards that person.
 
"Hey, Kai," she smiled, covering her nervousness and sat beside him. They were in a corner and so, Sulli was stuck between the wall on her left and Kai on her right. ‘Of all places, why this place has to be empty,’ she thought. She didn’t know what to say or ask him, so she just asked whatever her mind gave her that time. "What are you doing here?” So silly question.
 
"Planning to steal the candles and export it for a fair trade," he answered nonchalantly.
 
"Yah. What's this answer?"
 
"Then what in the world will people do in Church?" he queried, and faced the father.
 
She mentally face palmed for creating an embarrassing question. "Sorry," she tried to hide her red cheek in embarrassment.
 
"No problem, Doctor Baby," he patted her head with a smile. "Be yourself around me"
 
She froze. She suddenly felt uneasy on his sentence because it had many hidden meanings. A person can be themselves only around the person they are close with. So, what does he mean by that?
 
The chorus singing of the crowd killed her mental notes, reminding her of the starting of mass. The whole hall was filled with loud, heart-warming songs that were sung by the devotees but In spite of the many voices, her ears absorbed only Kai's heart-melting voice and unconsciously she stopped singing just to listen his’.
 
"Amen" the crowd chanted, indicating the end of mass. Sulli shook her head to regain her senses back that she lost a while ago.
 
"It's over. Let's go, Doctor Baby," Kai stood up facing her, ready to go the Father for the bread and wine.
 
"Oh..., Yeah!" she stood up but then suddenly, she was pinned against the wall by him. She froze at his sudden movement, linking her eyes with Kai's shocked stare. She neither knew why Kai did this nor he himself doesn't know how it happened but he only knew that he didn't do anything intentional and it was an accident. He was pushed by those playful kids next to him who were fighting for a candy.
 
They both kept staring into each others' eyes, not having any intention to break their contact. Their faces was distanced by only a very few inch and they could feel their hot breath ghosting against their faces. Both of their heartbeats were running a race but Kai's was faster.
 
His pores began to produce water in his forehead and his breathing became abnormal, raging uncontrollably. His mind started spinning that made him dizzy. He felt something piercing his heart that pained like hell and he clutched it before shutting his eyes tightly. "Argh...," he let out a painful moan, irresistible of the torture his heart is giving him. The last thing he saw was only Black.
 



AUTHOR'S NOTE:

As an apology, plaese take my another (very, very fast) update. Sorry if its lame but I'm trying to improve the story and my writing. If you like it, then please vote and subscribe. And, Please comment about the story. I want to hear your thoughts about the story. Please...

Have a great day... <3 <3 <3