__/\__ (Chapter-10) __/\__

The Heartless Heart (EXO Kai Fanfic)

"When are we leaving, Eunji-ah?" DO shouted from the living room, waiting for her sister to show up from her room.

"Just wait for ten more minutes, won't you?" she yelled back, making him to regret his question.

Sighing, he went into the kitchen to grab something for him so he can kill some minutes. He knew his sister would be late so he thought of stuffing something in his stomach in the meantime. Before even he could take a sip of his Orange juice, the doorbell alarmed, indicating of someone's visit.

He walked to the front and opened the door, only to stay stoned seeing the person before him. His cheeks slightly turned pink but immediately vanished when he felt a hard knock over his head.

"Ouch," he whined. "Why did you do that, Sulli-ah?"

"Just a gift for kissing my cheek yesterday. And do that again, I'm going to knock your head not with my knuckles but with a brick," she smiled sarcastically, warning him. Her eyes slowly dropped to his hand. "Oh, my favorite!" she exclaimed and snatched the juice from his hand. "Thank you," she mumbled and went into his house, sipping the juice while making herself comfortable in the house.

An idiotic grin creeped his face. He saw Sulli leisurely enjoying the juice, which made him to want something to drink for his own. So by the time he made his way to the kitchen, Eunji had already came down to the living room and announced their leave. She pulled DO from the kitchen and Sulli from the couch, dragging them out of the house before locking it behind. DO blinked blankly in front of the locked door, desperately missing his juice.

"I'm excited to meet your boyfriend, Eunji-ah," Sulli exclaimed, getting into her car.

"I'm equally excited to show him to you," she replied, starting the engine.

"How does he look?"

"You'll be seeing him in minutes, so can you please wait?"

"Aish...," Sulli frowned, "I was just asking."

"Yeah, you would"

"What is he doing?"

Stuck between ladies conversation and got no clue on what to do, DO could only sit in the backseat like a lost kid. His eyes travelled from Eunji to Sulli and vice-versa, trying to cope up with them.

 

 

***

 

 

Kai peacefully enjoyed his walnut cake in Xiumin's shop, frequently praising Xiumin for his tasty dessert. He also occasionally threw glances to Sehun, who's been acting weirdly.

"Hyung," he called Xiumin, scooping some amount of cake into his mouth. "What's with Sehun? He looks kind of... nervous, and glances his mobile often."

'I'm here, Sehun-ah,' Sehun smiled at his received text.
'Ok Noona, I saw you,' he replied the text.

Xiumin peeked at Sehun while preparing latte for his customer and looked to Kai. "I don't know. He's been like this since morning". He passed the latte to the waiter and continued, "Why don't you yourself ask him?"

Kai took another spoonful of cake and pushed into his mouth and began, "Yah Sehun-ah, what's wrong with you?"

"Hmm?" he turned to face him and frowned in disgust to see him eating like a kid, graffiting around his mouth with the cream. "Because customers are not allowed inside the kitchen, so get out"

"You can't order me," Kai shouted incoherently, his cake jamming his mouth.

"I can, because I'm working here."

"Just because you're working here doesn't give you the rights to kick me out,"

"So instead, you want me to push you out?"

"Well, then go ahead and be ready to be a dead meat," Kai used his spoon as his sword and began swinging in the air.

"You're going to be dead now," Sehun took the frying pan and sat in fencing position, swinging in rotation.

"Woah!" Xiumin came in-between them, stopping the beginning of their war. "Are you both fools? You can have your street-fight outside but not in the workplace. The new customers have arrived long ago and you," he pointed Sehun, "Better take their orders or forget your wages from me."

After a long pause he mumbled, “Okay”, eyeing Kai threateningly where he replied him by sticking out his tongue teasingly.

Sehun inhaled slowly to ease his tension before attending the customers. Kai happily smirked at his own success in bickering Sehun, which is one of his favourite things that he enjoys the most.

The usual chattering noise in the coffee shop slowly faded in Kai's ears, where he could only hear the chuckling sound of one particular person. He slowly peeked from the kitchen window and saw the only person in the world who could make his heart beat fast with her eye-smile.

Sulli.

He should have smiled like an idiot the moment he saw her, but after realizing DO seated next to her, he mentally pushed the squishy boy away and he replaced his seat, sticking himself with her.

But apart from her bright laugh, he could also hear a familiar male laugh equalling hers, which he concluded that the male is someone who he already knows. Kai could see Sulli and DO's face clearly but not the couple before them, because their back was facing him.

 

 

"Eunji-ah, your boyfriend... is totally a funny person," Sulli praised, in-between her laughs.

"It's my natural beauty, you see," the male replied with a wink, making the mini gang to laugh again.

"Ah!" DO smiled and rubbed his palms on seeing their orders coming. "My Orange juice has finally come."

Sehun placed their orders on the table and smiled brightly at them which Kai felt odd because, Sehun doesn't give his bright rare smile to someone that easily.

"This is the last glass of Orange juice and you're lucky to have it, Sir" Sehun said, bowing politely.

DO thanked him. His eyes twinkled and mouth watered on seeing his juice before him. When he was about to grab it, the glass was accidentally pushed by the playful kid running inside the shop.

"S-Sorry, uncle," the kid shuttered in fear, "I'm s-so sorry."

'My Orange juice,' he had the saddest expression on his face for losing his craved juice, which was the last one.

"It's okay," Sulli patted the kid's head. "Don't worry, uncle will be fine. You can go now."

"Yah DO, our clothes are spoiled now," Eunji stood up, accompanied by her boyfriend.

"It's fine Eunji-ah," her boyfriend smiled, "We'll wash it now."

"Noona, are you okay?" Sehun asked Eunji-ah, who was throwing dagers over her brother for not handling a juice properly.

"I think so, Sehun-ah," she smiled at him and turned around with her boyfriend to use the restroom.

Kai, who has been watching the whole show suddenly tightened his body on seeing the couple, which he tried seeing them before. His mouth opened in shock to see the couple's identity.

'Chen hyung?' he was shocked but that face turned red in anger to see the girl beside him, 'Eunji?'

 




AUTHOU'S NOTE:

Thank you everyone if you're still reading my story. I hope the continous four updates were fine and didn't let your hopes down. Please rate my story and your golden comments can mean a lot to me. Any suggestions? Please comment or you can also message me too.

I don't know what I've even written and just let my mind to do all. Guess I've not disappointed you, if i did, I'm extremely sorry.

Have a great day.