Chapter 8

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Song Ji Hyo –ssi!”

Dong Hoon opened the café’s door harshly and all the people looked at him, confused at his behavior. He bowed a few times, apologizing to the customers for his rudeness. It was nearly closing time but the customers still packed inside.

Ji Hyo, who was serving a customer at the cashier, looked at Dong Hoon with her blank face. She wondered if she did something wrong that made her boss shouted her name and sounded so panicked.

Dong Hoon came to her and said, “Come with me.”

“How about my work?” She asked, still couldn’t understand why Dong Hoon wanted her to go with him.

“Let the others cover it. There’s something more important than work right now.”

---

Dong Hoon brought Ji Hyo inside a luxury apartment building and took her to the elevator. They stopped at the top floor.

“Ummm, what are we doing here, Mr. Ha?” Ji Hyo looked around and there’s only a steel double door led to a penthouse.

Dong Hoon didn’t answer her. He keyed the password into the door and the lock opened. He opened the door and said to Ji Hyo, “Come in.”

Ji Hyo entered hesitantly. She didn’t know why she was here or why her boss brought her to this place and who was the owner of this apartment. Not to mention it was already 9:00 pm.

She looked around. The apartment was large and exquisite, all the expensive furniture were in black and white. It looked like something out of a magazine. There’s obviously someone lived here but somehow Ji Hyo didn’t feel like it’s a home. It was so cold and lonely.

For her, a home should be warm and cozy. Her apartment wasn’t this large, the furniture wasn’t expensive, wasn't extremely clean, the complete opposite of this place but at least she felt homey and comfortable.

Dong Hoon passed by her and said, “Follow me.”

Ji Hyo followed him. They passed the living room and stopped in front of a door that Ji Hyo guessed as the owner’s bedroom. Dong Hoon knocked softly but there’s no response from inside. He opened it slowly so it didn’t make any creak sound. He walked inside the room and gestured Ji Hyo to come in too.

Ji Hyo came in to the room and she let out a small gasp, couldn’t believe what she saw. Jong Kook was lying on the bed, sleeping but looked so restless. There’s a man beside him and he looked at them with sadness in his eyes. He signed that they should go outside and let Jong kook slept.

“What happened to him? Is he alright?” Ji Hyo asked worriedly to Dong Hoon when they were outside the bedroom, back to the living room.

“Apparently he exhausted himself until he collapsed. His body couldn’t keep up anymore. The fatigue beat him down and caused a fever.” The man with glasses beside Dong Hoon explained to her, “I haven’t introduced myself to you, Miss Song. My name is Yoo Jae Suk.”

Ji Hyo shook his hand. She assumed that they already knew her past relationship with Jong Kook. If they didn’t know, they wouldn’t call her in time like this.

“We’re sorry that we forced you to come here. We also know about your past relationship with him. I understand and I won’t blame you if you want to go from here. It’s your choice, Song Ji Hyo –ssi.” Jae Suk said to her again.

Ji Hyo looked at Dong Hoon who just said a few words since they arrived at the apartment. The usual Ha Dong Hoon she knew was a very cheerful man and really liked to joke around. Ji Hyo could see that Dong Hoon was really cared about Jong Kook. He stared back at her and sighed before he told her his hyung’s condition.

“He’s been calling your name in his sleep. He’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter