Chapter 9

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loud alarm sound from her phone filled the room and made Ji Hyo opened her eyes. She saw the sun light shining through the window from the half opened curtains and the bright sun made her squint. She thought the bed felt so oddly more comfortable than the usual which made her so lazy to wake up and wished that she could stay all day in the bed instead. She shifted, stretched her back, let out a big yawn and took her phone to turn off the alarm. Her eyes wide opened when she realized that it was already 10:00 am.

Ji Hyo sat up and looked around the room, feeling so confused when she also realized that she wasn’t in her room. Her mind still in a daze for a moment then she remembered that she was in Jong Kook’s apartment to take care of the sick man.

Mentally scolded herself, Ji Hyo removed the duvet from her, got out of the bed hurriedly and ran out from the room, looking for Jong Kook. She found him right away. Jong Kook was sitting in the kitchen bar – which separated the dining room and the kitchen – reading a newspaper while sipped his green tea. He looked at her after he heard her opened his bedroom door so loud.

“Good morning, Ji Hyo –yah!” He said with a smile, “I made a coffee for you. I hope it suits your taste.”

Ji Hyo walked towards him without saying anything.

“Dong Hoon came earlier and brought you a breakfast.” Jong Kook pointed to an unopened package on the dining table, “He also told me to inform you that you have days off for today and tomorrow.”

She stopped beside him and put her palm on his forehead. She frowned when she felt the heat. He was still burning hot with fever although the fever seemed not as high as last night.

She took his hand and pulled him towards the bedroom. “You should rest more, oppa.”

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me, Ji Hyo –yah.” He followed her.

Once they were inside the bedroom, Ji Hyo made Jong Kook lie down on his bed. She got out for a while and back with a bowl of water and clean washcloths. She sat beside him on the bed and started to soak the washcloths then put it on his forehead and under his arms, repeating what she did all night in order to reduce his body’s temperature.

“Try to sleep again, oppa.” She said softly after she finished her task. He nodded and she got out from the room.

Jong Kook recalled when he woke up in the morning, he was quite surprised to find Ji Hyo slept on the floor beside his bed, with her head laid on the bed and her hand held his. Feeling sorry with her uncomfortable position, he got out from the bed and slowly carried Ji Hyo to his bed so she could get some sleep comfortably. He also remembered that he dreamt that he met Ji Hyo and she stayed with him, but it turned out it wasn’t a dream but a reality.

Jong Kook silently felt grateful that Ji Hyo stayed with him through the night and she was still here right now.

Maybe I still have a chance, he thought and smiled a little as he drifted back to sleep.

---

“Oppa, wake up.” Ji Hyo shook Jong Kook’s body gently until he opened his eyes.

“Let’s eat first and then you can go back to sleep.” She patted him a few times. Ji Hyo put her palm on his forehead again and she felt that the fever was going down.

She went out from the room and back with a tray. There’s a bowl of chicken porridge and a glass of warm water on top of it. She put it on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter