Chapter 13

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 6 in the morning and the sun was creeping up over the horizon when Jong Kook was already waiting on his car in front of Ji Hyo’s apartment for 30 minutes. He tried to call her phone a few times but she didn’t pick it up.

“That girl, she must be overslept.” He muttered while trying to call her again but the result still the same. Patience was never his virtue, he didn’t like to wait yet he always tried to tolerate it only for Ji Hyo.

He looked at his watch sighed. She told him to come to pick her up at 5.30 am sharp, but she was the one who late. Jong Kook typed her phone number again, trying to call her one more time and when she didn’t pick it up again, he decided to go to her apartment unit.

He knocked her door and pressed the bell several times. After a few minutes, she opened the door, looking so sleepy.

“Yah! Song Ji Hyo!”

“Oppa? What are you doing here so early in the morning?” She was confused

“Hey! You said that today it’s your turn to go to the market and…”

Before he could finish his sentence, she cut him off, “What time is it now?” Her eyes widen, not looking so sleepy anymore when she remembered their appointment.

“6.20 in the morning, miss sleepyhead.”

“I’m so sorry, oppa! Please, come in and take a seat, I’m going to get ready.” She ran inside her room and started to get ready as fast as she could so she didn’t make Jong Kook waited too long. It was her fault after all, she was the one who woke up late because she watched Joong Ki’s drama last night.

Jong Kook closed her front door and walked into her living room. He smirked when he was looking at the messy room. He knew she wasn’t a tidy person like him. It was a bad habit of her to let her things scattered everywhere. So, this part of her still doesn’t change. He thought.

He sat on the couch and started to watch the television while waiting for Ji Hyo. There wasn’t any interesting programs so he selected a random channel and watched a cooking show.

15 minutes later, Ji Hyo came out from her room, ready for going to the market. She was wearing a white shirt paired with black ripped jeans. She was also wearing a snapback and a sunglasses.

“Let’s go, oppa!” She said.

Jong Kook turned around and he saw her in awe, she looked pretty and stylish with her choice of outfit but he still wanted to .

“Are we still going to the market?”

“Of course, oppa. Why are you asking?”

“No, it’s just… Why are you dressed like that?” He tried to be serious when actually he wanted to laugh, looking at her puzzled face.

“Huh? Something’s wrong, oppa?” Ji Hyo looked at her clothes, confused with Jong Kook’s question.

He shook his head, “It’s just that you look so pretty, Ji Hyo –yah.” He meant it when he said it, not to flirt with her. She wasn’t wearing any make up but she was glowing.

She rolled her eyes as she pretended to ignore his comment but actually she was so happy. Her chest swelled with happiness and her heart fluttered upon hearing his compliment. She grinned but she quickly hid it from him as her cheeks started to feel hot from blushing.

“Come on, oppa. We’re already late.”

---

They arrived at the Nandaemun Market, which was the largest traditional market in Korea with shops selling various goods. They walked through the hustle of people, passing stands of various foods and merchandise. Even though it was still early in the morning but the market was already busy.

Ji Hyo brought a set list of items she needed to buy so she didn’t miss any things. “We’re going to buy two rolls of blue ribbon for the cake box decoration here,” She checked her list while Jong Kook was listening at her.

Because the street was so crowded, someone accidentally knocked over Ji Hyo. Luckily, Jong Kook caught her in time so she didn’t fall to the ground.

“Thank you, oppa.” She said to him. He nodded but still holding her hand as they walked again so they didn’t get separated and also to protect her from an incident like before.

They were holding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter