Chapter 4

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though it’s dark and Ji Hyo couldn’t see the man clearly, she was pretty sure that he was her former boyfriend. She couldn’t take her eyes from his silhouette and all those forgotten feelings were starting to resurface again. She wanted to walk towards him and greet him a simple hello. It might be awkward but she wanted to talk to him. She wanted to explain to him properly why she left him and broke his heart into pieces 5 years ago but she found her mind deterred her from doing that as she was started questioning herself.

Does it still matter if I explain it to him now? It’s been 5 years and he might already move on with his life.

Ji Hyo started to walk away. One, two, three steps and she stopped. She couldn’t resist herself not to look back and see him one more time. He was still standing there in front of his luxury car. She thought that maybe it was just a coincidence to meet him again or maybe she mistook that man with him.

That night, Ji Hyo couldn’t sleep. She was trying to convince herself again that she was already moved on but she couldn’t lie to her heart that she still had some feelings left for him.

---

Ji Hyo didn’t know that Jong Kook was watching her. He wasn’t too far from the café and the light was dimmed. Jong Kook knew that Ji Hyo could only see his silhouette from where she was standing but he got a clear sight of her so that’s why he picked that spot to park his car and watch her. His piercing stare didn’t leave her, not even for just one second.

He was watching her blank face when she stunned by his presence there. He maintained his position and pretended that he didn’t see her. As much as every cells of him were yearning for her touch, he knew he couldn’t just come to her casually. 5 years passed and people changed.

He didn’t know and he didn’t want to know how she felt about him, if she still had some feelings left for him or not. Why? It was because he was scared. He was scared with the truth. He was scared that she didn’t have any feeling left for him, that she didn’t want to get back together with him. He didn’t know how to accept it and he didn’t want to face the truth if she didn’t love him anymore like she used to. People always thought that Kim Jong Kook was a brave person but they were all wrong. He’s a coward if it’s came to love.

He was watching her as she walked away. He was watching her as she took her steps and he counted it silently. One, two, three steps and she stopped. She turned to look at him again as if she was making sure that it was him. He wanted to run to her and tell her that it was him but in the end, he didn’t do that. He was watching her as she started to walk again and completely disappear from his sight.

“Hyung…” Jong Kook looked at his dongsaeng. He didn’t realize that Dong Hoon was standing beside him all this time, at least enough for him to know that Jong Kook was watching Ji Hyo. “You alright?” Dong Hoon asked Jong Kook.

Dong Hoon was one of few people that Jong Kook trusted and shared his thoughts. He knew how happy Jong Kook was when he told him that he was in a relationship with a girl. He also knew how devastated Jong Kook was when he told him that he broke up with her. He never saw Jong Kook so dejected, not even when a tragedy struck his family. After that, Dong Hoon never saw Jong Kook truly happy again. His eyes lost the spark. They were once shining with happiness, but now they were void of emotion.

Dong Hoon felt guilty as he didn’t realize that she was Jong Kook’s former girlfriend when she came to him 4 years ago to apply a job at his café. He did find her face familiar but he just ignored it, he thought that it was just him. Dong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter