Chapter 17

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The end of the year was one of the busiest time at works for all the companies, including Jong Kook’s. Jong Kook was just finished the critical meeting with his company’s accountants to make sure he’s done everything he could to make his business as financially healthy as it could be. He still had to attend a lot of meetings to create a budget and make plans for the upcoming year but he’s done for today.

He glanced at his watch and it showed the time was already 7 pm. He needed to review and analyze the year-end reports from each departments, which he decided to do after he took a break for a while. He was planning to read some before he went home and finish the rest at home. He was planning to pull an all-nighter to complete it or his works weren’t going to get done on time.

Jong Kook was lying down on his couch in the office, and when he just about to drift off, he heard someone knocked the door. Annoyed, he decided to ignore whoever it was but a moment later his door creaked open.

He groaned, not liking his sleep being disturbed. He had meetings non-stop since morning and it exhausted him. All he wanted was just closing his eyes for a while.

“Kwang Soo –yah, I told you I want to rest for a moment.” He grumbled, assuming that it was Kwang Soo.

Ji Hyo was standing in front of the opened door, watching her boyfriend turned for more comfortable position on the couch. She looked at him with a sad smile. She knew that he must be very tired.

“Oppa…”

 “Ji Hyo?” Jong Kook opened his eyes and sit up, looking at her direction. He couldn’t help his heart suddenly jumping in his chest at the sight of her, let alone hearing her voice.

“I’m not dreaming, am I?” He asked, “If this is a dream then I don’t want to wake up.”

“Silly. I’m here with you right now.” She looked at him with concern, “Are you alright?”

 “I’m fine.” He nodded, “What brings you here?”

She walked towards him and he shifted to make a space for her so she could sit beside him. Ji Hyo sat down and he put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him.

“I called you for several times but it couldn’t get through so I decided to check upon you.”

He took his phone on his pocket and it showed a black screen after he pressed the button.

“Oh, my phone is dead, I’m sorry, Ji Hyo –yah.”

“It’s alright. I guess I’m just over worried about you.” He turned his head slightly and placed a kiss on her temple. She sighed and leaned further into his embrace.

“Another busy day, oppa?” She continued, “I heard from Kwang Soo that you had a lot of meetings today and your schedules are full of meetings for next few weeks.”

“Hmm… Yeah.”

“Take care of your health, alright? I don’t want you to get sick, oppa.”

“Yes, miss Song.”

Jong Kook snuggled into her, putting his face against her neck and held her tightly as they both feel relaxed and contented. He suddenly inhaled sharply which tickled her.

“Yah! What are you doing?”

“Inhaling my source of energy.”

She put her head on his head and his smooth hair. She could smell the faint mint shampoo he used.

Jong Kook shifted his body as he lie down, using Ji Hyo’s lap as his pillow. She only smiled at his childish behavior and started massaging his temples gently.

“Do you have a plan for year-end holiday?”

“I’m thinking of going back to Pohang.” She answered him, her hand now playing with his hair while the other one was holding hands with Jong Kook.

“Can I come with you?”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I never go to Pohang, so I want to see what it’s like and b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter