Chapter 6

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, my boss is your friend? Such an important person that you have as a friend, Ji Hyo –yah.” Dong Wook chuckled. Dong Wook drove Ji Hyo back to her apartment after the party.

Ji Hyo didn’t say anything to respond him. She looked outside the window, watching the cars passed by and the lighting of the buildings in Seoul. Her mind was still filled with her conversation with Jong Kook earlier.

“Why did you want to go?”

“Why didn’t you love me enough not to leave me?”

“You broke my heart, Song Ji Hyo! We could have figured something out but you left! I blamed myself and I never got over it!”

Ji Hyo closed her eyes. Her heart swelled when she remembered what Jong Kook said to her that he blamed himself for their break up as Ji Hyo knew so well that their break up wasn’t completely his fault. It was partly hers too. She’s the one who wanted the separation. She’s the one who tired with his attitude. She’s the one who stopped trying to fix it.

“Ji Hyo?” Dong Wook’s voice broke her reverie.

“Huh?” Ji Hyo looked at him.

“Are you alright? Did something happen?” He glanced at her worriedly. Dong Wook felt that she seemed different after she got back from the balcony. He didn’t know what happened because she didn’t utter any words since they left the party.

“I’m fine. Everything’s fine.” She answered him.

Dong Wook wanted to ask more but Ji Hyo’s attention was back to whatever she saw outside the window so he decided not to ask her again. Even though he was pretty close with her, he still respected her privacy.

Ji Hyo sighed inaudibly. Her mind went back to the time they were still in a relationship. Those 2 years that was really hard to forget. They were so young and in love. He nagged a lot and she liked to . He sulked like a little boy and she coaxed him. He hated horror movies but he watched it together with her because she liked it so much. They bantered and bickered about trivial matters. They had some differences but they almost always found the solutions except the last one that led into their separation.

Jong Kook was the talkative one but he rarely shared what’s on his mind. They talked about everything except his problems. He kept it for himself and didn’t tell Ji Hyo. She confronted him about this matter several times but he just said that it wasn’t important and it ended up in a fight so she stopped trying to change this and forced herself to just accept it. In the end, she couldn’t take it anymore.

“I’m still not over you even after all these years!”

She figured that he still loved her. She too, still had some feelings left for him. But she didn’t know if it was enough to love him again or not.

“Is it really the end?”

His last question hit her. Was it really the end for both of them?

---

Jong Kook didn’t remember how the party ended nor did he remember how he got back to his apartment. All he remembered was Ji Hyo’s words. He was lying on his bed, eyes straight to the ceiling. He didn’t even bother to change his clothes.

“Why did you let me go?”

“Why didn’t you love me enough to make me stay?”

“Did you ask me the reason why I wanted to break up with you?”

He thought that by letting her to go, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter