Chapter 15

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji Hyo –yah…”

Ji Hyo opened her eyes slowly when she heard a voice called her name softly. She blinked for a few times and then closed her eyes again as she still felt so sleepy. She could feel someone caressed her hair but she ignored it.

“Ji Hyo –yah, it’s already morning and you will hurt your back if you continue to sleep in that position.” Jong Kook said. He was worried of Ji Hyo. She fell asleep beside his bed in a chair all night after they finished their talk.

“Come on, wake up.”

“Oppa, I still want to sleep.” She shifted a little, still with her eyes closed.

“I know, you must be sleepy, I’m sorry that I wake you up but I don’t want you to get hurt.” Jong Kook was still trying to wake her up. She was not a morning person like him and he would let her sleep more but he didn’t want her get hurt.

“Ji Hyo –yah…”

“Just 5 minutes more, oppa. You should take a rest and sleep a little more too. We sleep so late last night.”

“I’m sorry that we talked until late but you...” Jong Kook couldn’t finish his sentence because Ji Hyo suddenly got up and cut him. Gently, she took his hand in hers and held it tenderly.

“Hush, stop saying sorry to me. You didn’t do anything wrong. I’m the one who should be thankful to you, oppa. I learned a lot about you last night, a part of you that I never knew until now, and maybe no one knew about it too. Thank you, Jong Kook oppa.” She said in a firm tone.

“Thank you, for listening to me,” He offered her his genuine smile, “If it wasn’t you, maybe I would never tell anyone and keep it for myself.”

“You should learn to share what’s bothering you with someone, oppa, and not to keep it alone. It’s not good for you and for other people around you because they didn’t know what you’re thinking about. We are not mind readers.” She advised him strongly making Jong Kook impressed that she knew him a lot better than anyone ever did.

“Well, it was the major reason why we broke up, isn’t it?” Hearing his words, Ji Hyo nodded. He was right, his habit of keeping all his problems by himself led them to their break up 5 years ago and Jong Kook knew that if he didn’t change, he would never be able to be together with the woman in front of him, the woman that he loved for all this time. Besides he understood that he need to change not just for her but also for himself.

“I’m still trying to fix that part of mine,” His eyes lifted and he was looking at her full of hope, “Will you be there to help me?”

“Are you joking?” She asked questioningly and Jong Kook was taken aback with her remark before she continued, “Of course, oppa!”

“Yah! I thought you…” He sighed in relieve.

“Don’t worry, oppa. I will help you, I will be there for you whenever you wanted to be heard.”

---

Ji Hyo couldn’t come with Jong Kook when he was discharged in the afternoon from the hospital because she had to work. Even though Dong Hoon already told her that she could have another day off, she felt it wasn’t fair for her co-workers just because her friend was a friend of her superior. She didn’t want her colleagues misunderstood and thought that Ji Hyo got a special treatment.

After she finished her work for that day, Ji Hyo took her bag and walked out from the café. When she opened the door, she found someone so familiar smiling at her.

“Yah! Lee Dong Wook!”

Ji Hyo hugged him in a friendly manner and he returned the hug, “Hey! How are you?”

“I’m fine. How about you, miss always-late-to-work?” He mocked her and she just sheepishly smile.

“I never late anymore. You can ask the others. What are you doing here, Dong Wook –ah?” She asked and looked at him from head to toe, “You look so different now with the suit and tie! Well, I used to see you with a white shirt and black apron.”

Dong Wook laughed, “I miss this café,” He looked at Ji Hyo’s eyes and smiled, “And I miss you too, beautiful Miss Mong Ji Hyo.”

Ji Hyo was a bit surprise to hear it from Dong Wook but she ignored it, “Yah! Don’t say that, I might fall for you.”

He knew that she would ignore the flattery and it hurt his pride a bit.

“Dong Wook –ah, are you hungry? Let’s go find some food, I’m really craving for ramyeon.” Ji Hyo led the way and Dong Wook just followed her. For him, spending a little time with the woman that he secretly had a crush on was much better than not meeting her at all.

They arrived at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter