Chapter 14

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook was at the gym when his phone started to beep, indicated there’s a message waiting for him to read. He took his phone and read it. Apparently his mother set another dinner meeting with Eun Hye’s family. He sighed heavily. He definitely didn’t like this. He was just came back from Busan for a week to finalize an agreement of the biggest project that his company would handle.

“I like you, oppa.”

Jong Kook sighed. He tried to distract his mind from Eun Hye’s confession while in Busan but he couldn’t. Her words haunted him.

“You don’t have to answer me now, I’m going to make you mine. Good night, oppa.”

If he didn’t make a mistake that turned his life upside down, he wouldn’t be the one who marry Eun Hye, and he also wouldn’t be the successor of the company, a position that he never really wanted.

Jong Kook set a timer on the treadmill machine and started to run while his mind also started to wander to a moment he wanted to forget the most.

---

He never meant to be the successor of the company. He was only the second son of Kim family. His older brother excelled at everything and he couldn’t compete with him. He knew that his parents liked his brother more than they liked him as they started to let him did whatever he wanted to do and gave the money to him while his brother got all their attention. His heart hurt at first but then he started to act like he didn’t care. He took a positive side from their action, at least he didn’t have to sit for hours in the office or attend those boring meetings. He could do whatever he wanted.

Everything’s changed when he was in 3rd year of high school. Jong Kook asked his brother to teach him how to drive because their driver didn’t dare to teach him without their parents’ consent. Being a kind brother, Jong Hyun taught him.

After a few days learning, Jong Kook thought that he already mastered at driving so he speed up his car. They were on the expressway when it all happened. It was raining that day, and the road was slippery. His brother fell asleep and Jong Kook also felt sleepy so he didn’t aware of the road condition. A bus in front of him brake suddenly, it was so sudden and made him to swerve but his car spun out of control and hit the guard rail, crashing really hard.

He survived only with bruises and scrapes but his brother died due to internal bleeding. His parents blamed him. Jong Kook knew it was his fault that his brother died. His father exiled him by sending him to study abroad as well as preparing him to be the successor. He understood that it was his punishment so he agreed.

His decision brought good thing to happen. He met someone he loved so much. He met Ji Hyo there, and in his darkest times, Ji Hyo his light.

They dated, broke up and met again now. Jong Kook loved Ji Hyo so much but Jong Kook also knew he had to fulfill his role as a successor, including marry a girl that his parents chose for him.

---

Jong Kook was so deep in his thought while running on the treadmill that he didn’t even notice that Dong Hoon was calling him a few times.

“Hyung!”

Jong Kook snapped back to reality, then looked at Dong Hoon’s questioning face but suddenly he tripped his own feet and fell to the floor, hitting his back harshly.

“Hyung!!!”

---

Ji Hyo speed up her pace to the VIP hospital room. She was shocked when she got the phone from Ha Dong Hoon, telling her that Jong Kook was admitted to hospital. Dong Hoon only said he got an injury but he didn’t say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter