Chapter 5

Iridescent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo still couldn’t believe that Jong Kook was standing in front of her. Her face showed blank expression with her eyes widened and slightly opened.  

“Do you know each other, Jong Kook oppa?” A singsong voice made Ji Hyo back to the reality.

Ji Hyo looked at the woman who stood beside him. She knew the beautiful woman was the famous model Yoon Eun Hye. Ji Hyo saw her a lot on the magazines and advertisements.

“She was my friend from my college days in New York.” Jong Kook said and held out his hand, “Nice to meet you again, Song Ji Hyo –ssi.”

Ji Hyo hesitated to take his hand but finally she shook his hand. “Nice to meet you again, Kim Jong Kook –ssi and congratulations.”

She could feel the warmth of his hand. She remembered that she held his hands for countless times when they were still together. She loved the warmth that his hands provided and she felt safe whenever she held his hands.

“Thank you.” Jong Kook smiled but Ji Hyo noticed that it wasn’t a genuine smile. His smile right now didn’t reach his small eyes.

---

Eun Hye could see that there was something happened between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. Their expressions when they met each other were caught by her eyes. Eun Hye knew that Jong Kook didn’t love her. His heart was as hard as solid rock and she couldn’t break through it. It was like he guarded his heart because he already reserved the spot for someone else. But she started to fall in love with him. He was the most eligible bachelor that suited her and she didn’t want to lose the chance to be his wife.

Eun Hye glanced at Jong Kook and saw that he didn’t pay attention to his business partner who was talking to him about their new business prospect. She followed his eyes across the room and found that he was staring at Ji Hyo.

Not long after that, Jong Kook told her that he had some matters to be resolved and excused himself. Eun Hye was more determined that no matter what, she would be the one who would marry Kim Jong Kook.

---

After their encounter with Jong Kook, Dong Wook started to mingle with other guests. He introduced himself to many people and got good responses so he talked with them now. Ji Hyo was bored with the conversations and she silently walked away. She found a quiet balcony in the corner of the ballroom and gazed at the night sky. It was a clear summer night and few stars blinked to her.

If it wasn’t for Dong Wook, she would never come to the party. Dong Wook begged her to come with him because as a new employee, he didn’t know a lot of people there but he must come to the event. Ji Hyo reluctantly agreed to accompany him after Dong Wook promised to treat her lunch. Now, Ji Hyo regretted her decision to come.

Meeting her former boyfriend again made her heart started to ache again. Their relationship only short-lived, only lasted for 2 years. For Ji Hyo, it was the best moments of her life. She enjoyed every seconds, every days, and every years that she spent with him. A lot of happy memories when they were still together flooded her mind. She missed him terribly.

She hurt him so bad and it made her wondered if he already forgave her and moved on with his life. She tired with his attitude and she couldn’t take it anymore so she asked for separation which he agreed and put their relationship to an end.

“What are you doing alone here, Song Ji Hyo –ssi?” A deep voice startled her. She knew the owner of the voice perfectly. It was his voice.

“Nothing.” She answered him shortly. She could feel h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter