First 12hours-Part 3

Never a dream

 

 

 

 

Your POV

 

 

I nodded. “Oppa, I wanna go to the convenience store downstairs. You need me to get anything for you?” I wiped off my tears. “Hmm.. How about I come with you?” Oppa asked. “Are you sure? You just debuted, you know.” “Like you said ‘Just debuted’. So I think not a lot of people will recognize me.” Since oppa insisted that no one will recognize him, so we went to change. To dress decently, I mean.

 

On our way there, we didn’t really talk. Because I’m quite tired and I don’t know why the I suggested to go to the convenience store. Oh gosh. Oppa kept asking me about my decision for the dancer thingy. How many times must I tell you?

 

We entered the convenience store. I went to the dairy section to get some cartons of milk since I don’t have the habit of having breakfast. It’s not like I’m lazy to make breakfast. Okay. Maybe I am. But, the main reason is I think there’s no use of eating breakfast, especially when your cooking is horrible.

 

I used to eat breakfast when I was studying. But those were only because oppa will always wake up earlier just to prepare breakfast for me. Although the breakfast oppa prepared is simple- just sunny-side egg , one sausage and some lettuce. But I think all these are enough to energize my day at school. Supposedly, I should have rice for my breakfast since I’m a Korean. But I think preparing so much early in the morning is such a burden and I can’t possibly finish all those on my own. Besides, oppa always leave for work after preparing my breakfast.  We never had breakfast together. Not even for once. Basically, I’ll always see a post-it note next to the cutleries that oppa laid out for me.

 

“Oppa, did you get some snacks? I don’t think we have enough of those at home.” I placed the cartons of milk into the basket that oppa is holding.

 

“Not yet. Do we need so many cartons of milk? Are we lack of calcium that much?” Oppa looked at me.

 

“Uhmm… Not really? But it’s nice! And you drank the last carton of milk just now.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Oh really? But you don’t have to buy so many cartons of them right?” Oppa lifted up the basket and show it to me.

 

“Oppa, you don’t have to show it to me. I know how much I’ve gotten.” I glared at him, literally.

 

“You’re buying like you’re afraid that there won’t be stocks tomorrow!” Oppa cried.

 

“Perhaps. You never know. And I’m just too lazy to make another trip again just to buy cartons of milk. So why not buy more? Since you’re here.” I laughed. “Yes. To help you carry them home right?” I nodded. “What a ‘great’ sister I’ve got.” Oppa nagged. “Such ‘great’ sister is good sister.” I stuck my tongue out. “Okay. You win. Let’s go get some snacks.” I nodded, excitedly.

 

We went to the snacks section. Oh my gosh! Which one should I get? All looks delicious! “Which one do you want?” Oppa asked, as he grabbed his favourite snacks and placed it in the basket. “Me?” Like duhh. Who else. “Is there anyone else here except for us?”  Oppa asked as he grabbed a chocolate bar. “The cashier? She’s a human too, right?” Oppa placed the chocolate bar in the basket. “Okay. You win there. So which one are you getting?” I looked at the snacks again. I still can’t decide to get which. All seems delicious to me. But, I always regret my choice. Why am I so indecisive? It’s such an easy choice. Yes, sure it is. I bit my bottom lip, and my fingers were dangling (?) above the snacks- as though I’m casting a spell on the snacks. 

 

“Not sure which one to choose? Need my help?” Oppa asked. I bet he saw me biting my bottom lip. It was a habit. Well, at least to me. Whenever I can’t decide or whenever I’m nervous, I tend to bite my bottom lip. It has always been like this ever since I was young. Oppa did help me to get rid of this bad habit. But it didn’t seem to work.

 

I nodded my head- indicating that I don’t mind oppa helping me to choose. Within split seconds, oppa picked out one of my favourite- Crown butter waffle! Oppa knows me well.

 

-----> This is the Crown Butter waffle.

“Here. I guess you wouldn’t mind this, right?” Oppa turned to me, revealing his angelic smile with my favourite snacks right beside his face. I nodded, excitedly. “Of course I don’t mind! Basically all these snacks I have tried. I love all of them!” I said with sparkling eyes. “Wow. I didn’t know that.” Oppa scoffed and shook his head in disbelief. “It’s not like I always get to eat your cooking. And it’s not like I can make nice food like you.” I took some more crown butter waffles and put them in the basket. “It’s because you don’t want to learn how to make them. It’s actually very easy to make them.” Oppa lectured. “Yes, says the one that loves to cook and inherits Mum’s cooking skills, leaving me with no cooking abilities.” I joked. “But you should at least know how to cook the basics. Like rice, and how to use the microwave oven. You don’t even know how to use it.” Oppa lectured, again. It’s true that I don’t know how to use the microwave oven. But, who will reheat the food when they can actually call for delivery? Like, hello! This is Korea, dude! What’s more is Seoul you’re talking about. “T-The microwave oven looks so complicated!” I cried.

 

Reheating food is such a fuss.

 

“How is it complicated when you just need to place the food in it, set the timer and ‘Ding!’ goes the timer.  And, ‘Jjang!’, you can dig in.?” Oppa explained, even making those sound effects that the microwave oven would make. Cute. “I know. But it’s such a bother. You have to take out the food from the fridge. You need an extra effort for that, dude.” I complained. “Whatever. I wonder why you didn’t gain any weight despite of eating so much junk food and not exercising.” He scoffed in disbelief. So much disbelief. “Excuse me, I didn’t exercise? I work, okay! And I work in a café, bro. serving customers, running- wait, not to the extent of run. Brisk walking to and fro from the storeroom to the counter is just enough for me to lose some weight, okay.” I listed out what I actually need to do in the café. “That’s like so easy!” He exclaimed. “Easy? Why not you try it? You have to serve those customers. Those customers that have lots of requests just for one Caramel Macchiato.” I cried. “Baby, baby geudaeneun. Caramel Macchiato, yeojeonhi nae ipgaen, geudae hyanggi dalkomhae, baby, baby tonight~” Oppa sang to ‘Coffee’. It was one of my favourite songs. It was because of this song that I start to like Café latte. “Stop singing, oppa! It’s so embarrassing! Let’s go to the counter and pay for all these!” I blushed. “Baby, baby geudaeneun café latte hyangboda, pogeunhaetdeon geu neukkim, gieokhago innayo, baby, baby tonight~” He carried on singing, not affected by the glance around us. I looked down, embarrassed at the same time feeling proud for my oppa. He might not be the best dancer, but one thing for sure is that his vocal can melt one’s heart. Well, at least it melted mine.

 

How I wished all these could sustain forever…