I'm Sorry. (Part 1)

Never a dream

 

 

Your POV

We ordered the usual- Kimbap and two cans of soda.

“It’s been a long time since we came here.” Oppa looked around. “Yeah. The vendors are still the same. Just like how it was 2 years ago.” I looked around too. “So… You already applied?” Oppa asked as he eats the Kimbap. “Applied for? Ah. The dancer thingy?” “Of course. Is there anything else you’re going to apply for? Asking the obvious.” He then give the ‘Duh’ face. “Not yet. You didn’t really answer my question.” I took a piece of Kimbap and eat it.

 

“I did.”

 

“Yes. For one moment, you said ‘yes’. The next moment, you quarreled with me because of it. So how’s that answering to my question and getting your approval already?”

 

“Okay. I apologize for that. I’m just worried about you! I thought you were kidding about it!”

 

“Yeah. I don’t joke around with serious matter, you know it!”

 

“Yes. Probably I was afraid the gap between us now will grow bigger and bigger.”

 

“We won’t, oppa. I promise.” I rarely make promises. But this time, I have to.

 

“What’s with that ‘I promise’ thingy? You never make promises.”

 

“I want you to rest assure that I’ll be okay even I join SMEntertainment. I want you to rest assure that we won’t distance from each other. And I’m just applying for a part-time job.”

 

“You’re not going to work full-time there?”

“Yes. I’m not.”

 

“How about the job at the café?”

 

 “I’ll still work there. In other words, I’ll be holding-”

 

“You’ll be holding two jobs?” I nodded. “Are you insane!? How can you hold two jobs!? It’s not like I don’t have enough money to feed you! It’s not like we’re that poor!” Oppa practically screamed and everyone having their meals nearby turns and looks at us. “It’s not because of that! I know you can afford to pay everything! I-“ “Don’t make me as your reason. I hate being the reason.” Oppa cut me off. “Yes! I didn’t put you as the reason because you ARE the reason! You know it well. You know I can’t stand loneliness! You know you’re always busy! You know we don’t contact each other often! You know I’m afraid of being alone! You know my imaginations run wild whenever I’m alone! You know it all! But you still chose to let me survive on my own!” I screamed back. I looked down at my bag that I placed on my lap. I didn’t mean to. But, that was all I can take. I’ve reached my limits. “I didn’t leave you alone! If I leave you alone, I won’t even be here! I won’t be eating together with you! Stop being so ridiculous! Stop acting that you’re the only one missing me! You jolly well know that I do miss you too! It’s not like you don’t know my schedule! What for you want to call me when you know I won’t have the time to answer it!?” That’s it! I can’t take it anymore!

 

I grabbed my bag and run as fast as I could. I kept running without turning back. I ran to a park. The park is so beautiful. But I can’t really see it as my vision is blur.

 

I’m really hurt this time round. I didn’t know that’s what oppa think of me. I didn’t know he always have this mindset that I’m being ridiculous and acting pity. I’m not! Like seriously. Can’t he see the sadness? The anxiety. The loneliness in me.  Can’t he see all these!? I didn’t act all out. That’s how I’m feeling every time he leaves for his work. I know there’s this unknown gap in between us. I know the both of us tried hard to minimize it to the minimum. But he made it sound like I’m not putting effort. I’m really tired of all these pointless quarrels we always made. Although people always say quarrels is what make you understand each other better. But not this timing. It only made it worse! I’m really at my wits end.

 

Seokjin’s POV

She ran away with a bag. Leaving the clueless yet angry me there alone. “She really missed you a lot.” The vendor told me. “How do you know?” I asked. “She always comes here after her long day at work. She ordered the same food and drinks- Kimbap and two cans of soda. For the first time, I thought she was crazy. Then, I asked her why she ordered so much when she knows that she can’t finish them all. She said ‘Oh. That. I missed my oppa. I used to come here with my oppa, you remember?’ That’s when I know she was the girl that always comes with her brother 2 years ago. She then explained that her brother is a member of a rookie group named ‘BTS’. She said that her brother is always busy. She then said that whenever she misses her brother, she’ll come here and order the usual. That’s why she doesn’t even need to call me for order. She just walks in and I know what to serve her.” The vendor explained. “She really did that?” The vendor nodded. “She’s not being ridiculous. I know how she feels. Go. Give her chase. She’s probably at the park after the turn at that corner.” The vendor continued. I thank the vendor and ran out.

 

How can I say that to YoonMin? I’m being the ridiculous one here.  

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------