Second 12hours-Part 3

Never a dream

 

Your POV

 

I woke up and realized I’m no longer sleeping on the couch. This means… Oppa’s back! I ran down the stairs and no one was there. I sulked. “Someone’s disappointed, huh?” Wait. This voice…

 

“Oppa!” I ran over to him and hugged him tightly. “Y-Yah! I’ll be crushed by you sooner or later at this rate.” He joked, despite he’s in my embrace. I pulled away. “You know how scared I am when I woke up and you’re not around?” I confessed. “Why? Oh. You thought I left without telling you? I told you I’m not leaving, didn’t I?” “Yes, but who knows? Maybe something crops up at the company or stuffs. You never know.” I told him, because he always says that he won’t leave but something always crop up in the company and he will leave without a word.

 

“I won’t. Even if I would, I’ll always give you a call or drop you a text-” “Or write a post-it and make delicious food then paste the post-it next to the cutleries, right?” I raised my eyebrows. “I make all those delicious food to make it up for you, okay…” Oppa cried. “Yeah. It did made up for me.” I smiled.

 

“Oh! Oppa,” I called.

 

“Yes?” Oppa turned and looked at me.

 

“JungKook called just now. He said there’s a surprise and he’s calling for you.” I said; remember about the phone call before I slept like a log.

 

“O-Oh, that. I made a call back to him already.” Oppa stuttered.

 

“Oh. I see. What’s the surprise about, anyway?” I asked, curious about the surprise.

 

“W-What surprise?” Oppa stuttered.

 

“JungKook said there’s a surprise. So what is it?” I asked, hoping that it is for me at the same time hoping it isn’t for me.

 

“A-Ah… The surprise… We were planning to have a surprise party for Namjoon. His birthday is round the corner, you know…” For Namjoon?

 

“Oh…” I replied, disappointed. “Oh… You are affected by it?” Oppa asked, seeing my disappointed expression. “No… Oppa, can we eat the fried chicken already? I’m famished.” I rubbed my tummy. “Sure! Let’s go!”

 

We sat directly opposite each other, which is quite awkward especially after knowing that the surprise weren’t for me. I love surprises. Oppa will always plan a birthday party for me no matter how busy he is. He would plan it together with his band mates and they’ll all surprise me together. Oppa never failed to make a birthday party for me. And he always makes delicious seaweed soup- a must for one’s birthday, it’s a tradition.

 

“Thank you for the food!” We start to dig in. Oppa gave me the mid-joint wing. He knew that I liked the mid- joint and only the mid-joint. He would always leave the mid-joint for me. And he’ll eat the drumstick. “Oppa, I need to work tomorrow at the café.” I said, while removing the bone the mid-joint wing. “Oh. Is that so? Then I’ll go to the café and look for you after you end work? What time are you ending work tomorrow?” Oppa asked, pouring cola into his mug. “Hmm… If I’m not wrong, it should be 3pm? Since tomorrow HaeYeon will be back from her vacation.” “HaeYeon? Ah… That Chinese-Korean girl?” I nodded. “She just came back two days ago.” Oppa poured cola into my mug. “Where did she go for her vacation?” “She went to Paris for her honeymoon with her husband. Second honeymoon, to be exact. Her husband always brings her around the world.” Oppa have a bite of his drumstick. “She’s married? I thought she was single all along.” “She was. But that was one year ago.” I took a new mid-joint wing and start to remove the bone.

 

“She didn’t invite us to her wedding.”

 

“She did.” I said, having the image of the wedding invitation in mind. “But we didn’t go.” I the bone of the mid-joint, tasting the savour of the wing.

 

“Oh yes. But why didn’t we go?”

 

“You were busy promoting and I need to work.” I answered, taking a new mid-joint.

 

“Oh, is that it? Should we buy something for her?”

 

“What? It’s like one year already. What kind of gift you wanna get for her? You want to get her a wedding gift? Birthday present? Oh yes. Her birthday is round the corner.” I said as I remembered her birthday was just days before mine.

 

“We can buy both.”

 

“Just make your delicious Kimchi stew for her will do. She really loves it! She even asks her husband to learn from you.” I said, remembering the taste of the Kimchi stew. Hmm~ Delicious~

 

“Really? I didn’t know that my Kimchi stew is so famous…” Oppa laughed. “In that case, shouldn’t we buy the ingredients?” Oppa mentioned. “True. But which wet market is operating at this timing?” I mentally face palmed myself. “You know there’s something called ‘Supermarket’ for a reason, right?” He looked at me, as if I was a country bumpkin that doesn’t know the existence of a supermarket. “Oh. Right. I forgot. Let’s go!” I stood up and sat back immediately. “After I finish eating my chicken.” I added. “Of course!”

 

And here we are. In the supermarket shopping for the ingredients. And also to buy some daily products.

 

“What do you need to get?” Oppa asked, while examining the ready-made kimchi. We don’t make kimchi on our own. We weren’t skilled enough for that. Okay. I should say I’m the one that’s not skilled for that. I’m always the one ruining the taste of it because of my weird taste buds.

 

“I need to buy that every month needed thingy and my facial cleanser.”

 

“Every month needed thingy? Oh. That. Help me get my facial cleanser since you’re gonna get yours.”

 

“Okay! Where do I meet you after getting those?” I pointed out, considering the size of a supermarket.

 

“The meat section? I need to get some chicken.” He looked at me and looked around and back at me again.

 

“What? You think I won’t be able to find you? I have a nose like a dog has its!” I exclaimed.

 

“But you have a brain that’s never working like Namjoon’s.” He said. “Why do you sound like JungKook? He always says he has a dog’s nose.” He smiled. I guess he’s thinking of some particular scene where JungKook said that he has a dog-like nose.

 

“Hey. I know you wanna live longer so you shouldn’t make that comment.”

 

“Sorry. But it’s the fact! You can’t change it.”

 

“I know. See you later at the meat section.”

 

Thirty minutes later, we met again at the meat section with oppa done with his purchasing of the meat. We went to the checkout counter and make payment and stuffs. Once we reached home, my phone starts to ring. I smiled when I see the caller ID.

 

“Hel~lo~~”

 

“YoonMin~~~~~~~~ I missed you so much~~~~~~”

 

“HaeYeon ah~~~~ Me too~~~~~ How’s your second honeymoon in Paris?”

 

“It didn’t went really well.” She said. “But, overall, it was okay~” she added after her husband cleared his throat.

 

He didn’t mistreat HaeYeon, right? 

 

“I can’t wait to see you tomorrow at work!” she exclaimed. “Me too~~~~ Your shift is starting at 3pm tomorrow~” I reminded her. She’s always forgetting her schedule. It’s always her husband that reminds her about her work. “I know! My hubby already told me about that~” Ayy~ This girl… “More of like he’s reminding you…” I laughed while HaeYeon at the other end of the call starts to grumble.

 

“Okay! I’ll see you tomorrow! Bring my gift! And get ready for your surprise!” I said after chatting with her for thirty minutes over the phone while packing the stuffs that I’ve bought from the supermarket. She was so happy about the surprise and wants to know the surprise. She even lures me by saying that she’ll treat me my favorite Oreo cheesecake if I tell her what the surprise is about. “You’ll know tomorrow~ Bye” I ended the call before she really gets the surprise out from my mouth with exchange to my favorite Oreo cheesecake.

 

After packing and stuffs, I laid on my bed while scrolling my Twitter feeds, getting ready to sleep when oppa came up and walked to his bed.

 

 “I’ll see you tomorrow at 3pm, at the café, Princess-nim. Sweet dreams~”

 

“Okay~ You too, oppa~” I placed my phone on the bedside drawer and soon, the both of us drove into our dreamland.

 

 

I wonder if I would see him again…