Second 12hours-Part 1

Never a dream

 

 

 

 

Your POV

 

We walked out of the convenience store. I carried those lighter weighed bags whereas oppa carried those heavy ones. “Oh~~ My oppa is a ‘Sangnamja’!” I complimented oppa, using one of their hit tracks ‘Boy in luv’. “Doegopa neoui oppa, neoui sarangi nan neomu gopa-” Oppa sang.  I joined him at the next line. “Doegopa neoui oppa, neol gatgo mal geoya dugo bwa.”  We laughed loudly, causing all eyes turning to us and judging us. It doesn’t bother me, anyway. I’m not afraid of anything with my oppa around.

 

After few minutes of walking, we reached our apartment. “Argh! So tired!” I sat down on the couch and massaged my arms after placing the bags on the dining table. “You carried those light weighted ones and you’re complaining.” He shook his head. “Hello, I’m a lady okay.” I scoffed. “Hello, hello! Hello, hello! Tell me what you want right now!” He sang to another song in their ‘Dark & Wild’ album, ‘War of Hormone’. “I want money, job.” And you, oppa. “Job? I thought you have one?” Oppa asked.

 

“Yes, but…”

 

“But what? Oh. You’re hinting me?” Oppa asked, knowing my motive.

 

“H-Hinting you? Haha. What are you talking about?” I faked a laugh but failed to make it sound as fake as I thought.

 

“Don’t act. Didn’t I give you the answer?”

 

“What? You call that ‘the answer’?” Such an answer.

 

“I agreed, didn’t I?” He placed his hands on his hips.

 

“I already told you before. For one moment you were like ‘I don’t mind you going for it.’ ‘I don’t allow you to join them!’ at the very next moment. So how am I supposed to know that you actually approved or not?” I cried. It wasn’t the first time we quarreled about this. We have quarreled about this for umpteenth times and we still haven’t got a conclusion.

 

“I was-” My phone rang at this moment. Am I supposed to thank my phone or am I supposed to blame my phone?  I looked at the display screen and answer the call.

 

“Hello, Yuri. What is it?”

 

“Oh. YoonMin ah. I wanted to ask you about joining the company as a dancer. Have you make you decision?”

 

“Ermm… I…” I looked at oppa and looked at my toes. I really can’t make up my mind. You can say that I’m greedy or so. But seriously, who don’t want to have the chance to get close to their idol? But, I can’t leave oppa alone. Although he have his band mates, but I’m his only kin! It would be very selfish of me to throw him alone, right?

 

“I… I think I’ll pass.” I replied, cheerlessly.

 

“What! Are you sure!?” Yuri screamed at her phone, practically.

 

Oppa was shocked when he heard my response about joining the company.

 

Seokjin’s POV  

 

Did she say she’ll give it a pass? Am I dreaming? Why would she reject the chance to meet her idol? I thought I was dreaming until I heard her friend screamed through the phone.

 

“Oh. About that... Ermm… I-I just got more work to do at the café. I don’t think I’ll have time to-”

 

“Just go.”

 

“O-Oppa…”

 

“Just tell her you’ll join.” I told her. What are you doing, Kim Seokjin?

 

“O-Oh. Ermm... Yuri ah. I think I can join the company.” She replied to her friend.

 

“Yes. Okay, okay. I’ll see you tomorrow then! Bye!” She ended the call.

 

She put down her phone and looked at me. “Oppa, are you sure you’re letting me join the company?” I plopped down next to her on the couch. “Nothing much. Just think that you should just go for it.” I replied. “You don’t have to. You know I-” “You what?” I cut her off. “You rejected it because of me, isn’t it?” I looked into her eyes. “I-I did? Since when? I rejected it because my work load at the café is really increasing.” She blinked her eyes while debating with me. “You lied. You know you can’t lie, right?” I laid my back on the backrest of the couch and crossed my arms. “N-No! I didn’t lie about it.” I can feel that she blinked her eyes again. I turn and look at her. She was shifting in her position and looking straight at the television. I knew she was lying. She always blink her eyes whenever she lie or nervous. But for this time, I’m sure that she’s lying, not nervous. Oh! And if she’s nervous, she tend to laugh out of nowhere- even when there isn’t anything funny that causes her to laugh.

 

“Tell me. Why did you want to reject the offer?” I asked her with a straight face. “I- Ermm… I-” She stuttered. “You know you can’t lie to me, right?” I turn and look at her. “It’s just… Argh! I wanted to accept the offer. But…” She paused. “But what? Why did you hesitate?” I asked. I want to know her reason so badly although I already know it. But I just want to affirm it!

 

“I can’t bear to leave you alone! Although you may say that you have your band mates. But I feel that it’s different! I’m your only kin! Even though you spent most of your time with them, but nevertheless, I’m still your kin!” She cried.

 

So I’m really the one holding her back.

 

Your POV

 

I told oppa the truth behind my rejection of the offer. He looked very remorseful after knowing my reason. “You don’t have to ask for my opinion in the first place.” He said nonchalantly. “You’ll probably tell me off if I did that.” I said, remembering what happened when I was in my high school. “At least you won’t have to hesitate about your choice. At least I won’t get to know that I’m the reason that you decline the offer.” Oppa went upstairs after finishing that sentence. “Oppa! That’s not it!” I got up and went after oppa.  He was lying on his sides when I reach the top of the stairs. I walked towards his bed and sat down on his bed. “Oppa.” I called, shaking him a little. No response. I lay on his bed. I snuggled up to him, hugged him from his back. “Oppa,” I called him. “I know you’re not asleep yet. I know you would blame yourself that’s why I chose not to tell you the reason. It wasn’t totally about you. You know,”

 

I breathed, trying to hold back my tears. “It has always been my character, not being able to make a choice no matter how easy or how difficult it is. I know you didn’t mean it when you said I can join without your approval. But, I just want to get your approval. I want to get your support so that no matter where I go, I can always think of you. I can always trust that you’ll be there for me and your support is my motivation to move on. Oppa, I love you. Please don’t leave me.” I shed a tear. Before I knew, oppa’s shirt was wet.

 

Oppa, I really love you.