Thank you, oppa.

Never a dream

It's amazing to meet your idol in person. It's like you don't have to turn on your television, don't need to live stream the performance and you can meet your idol in person. It's all fans' dream to meet their idol in person, to be their life partner, to be by their side, to take care of them. That includes you. Yes. You. Kim YoonMin. You are a fan of SuJu. An ELF, i should say. Your bias? Yes. That guy. Lee DongHae-kiddy, childish, big grown-up despite of his age. You were his fan ever since SuJu debuted. You were so loyal to him, in a way. The reason why you're still single is because you have him. Nah... Not that. You are single not because of him. It's just too much lies-those lies that jerks always say. Him? Lee DongHae is always the one cheering you up. He's the reason behind all your happiness, your sorrows, your hope. Okay. Enough of DongHae. Let's talk about your brother, Kim SeokJin. Your brother, hmmm... He is a member of BangTan- the eldest in BangTan. For you, he's too protective-way too protective i should say. But he knows that you liked DongHae. He did persuade you telling that it's impossible to date an idol. Of course, you know that. But, he doesn’t have a way to stop you. He once lied to you that DongHae is married just so you won't imagine the impossible. How did you find out it was a lie? That's when you met Yuri, your online friend. She was your online friend until you guys decided to meet. She was the one who checked on DongHae. She is a dancer at SMEntertainment. So basically, all those information about DongHae, you got it from Yuri. She didn't mind helping you.

 

The day when the both of you decided to meet at the cafe you work at...

 

Your POV

She went into the cafe, I am still working. She went to the counter. "Hello. Are you YoonMin?" "Nae, you are Yuri?" Yuri then nodded- acknowledging she's Yuri. "Have a seat first. I'm ending work soon." I told her and she went to the seat near the window. Around 20minutes later, I ended work. "Hello, Yuri! This iced chocolate is for you." I said as I passed her the Iced Chocolate. "Oh! Kamsahamnida!" She grabbed the iced chocolate and drinks it. "Ermm... Yuri ah, you're a dancer right?" "Nae... Wae? You doubt my words?" "A-Ani... I just can't believe that i actually get to know a dancer what's more from SMEntertainment." "I understand. Anyway, you are working here?"

 

"Nae. This is actually my part-time job. I'm actually looking for another one. Because my brother is always not at home and i felt lonely. So I'm trying to keep myself busy so that my imagination won't run wild. You know, those 'there's a monster in my house' kind of imagination."

 

"I know how you feel. Your brother? Ah! Kim Seokjin from BangTan?"

 

"Nae. You know him?"

 

"I've seen him before. When was that? If I'm not wrong, it's at Music Bank backstage. I kinda forgotten it. Their dance choreography is really Daebak! If i were to dance to that, i swear i will die. Anyway, are you interested in dance?"

 

I pondered the question for a moment.

 

"I'm not interested but if there's a place hiring, i don't mind working for them since it's just a part-time job." I replied.

 

"Oh! Then you should join me!"

 

"Join you? Y-You mean be a dancer!? A-At SMEntertainment!?"

 

"Nae! They're hiring dancers, especially female dancers. I can help you apply for that!"

 

"Really!? But i can't dance."

 

"It doesn't matter. I can't dance when i first joined too! It takes time and practice."

 

Oh my heavenly sake! That means i can see DongHae in person!  I thought.

 

"They don't have like least requirement? Like 'Must have basic knowledge of dancing' those kind of thing?" I asked as i really can't believe that a big company like SMEntertainment doesn’t have requirements to be their dancers. "Don't need. If so, i won't be able to join them." She replied with a slight of annoyance in her tone. "I'll get back to you? I need to discuss with my brother." "Okay! Hurry before other people apply for it!" "Nae!"

 

After all those, i went home so does Yuri. I opened the door of my house. "I'm home!" Silence was all i get. As usual, my brother is not home yet. Although i knew his schedule, but i thought he would make time for me. Sometimes, i do blame their company for accepting so many schedules for them- making them spend their time at the company and dance studio. It has been 4months since i saw my brother. The last time i saw him was when I was working at the cafe and oppa brought his team members to the cafe. After that, i didn't get to see him. We did call each other. But, he always hang up first because he either needs to go for practice or it's his turn to perform on stage. Although I'm his sister, i didn't really get to see him perform live on stage. I wanted to call oppa to ask him about his opinion of me joining the dance crew under SMEntertainment. But, I'm afraid he won't pick up or he is too busy.

 

After much consideration, i dialed his number.

 

"Hello?" He picked up the call after a few rings.

 

"Oppa, how are you?"

 

"Yeah." He replied coldly.

 

"Ermmm... Actually i got somet-"

 

"Yah. I need to go for practice now. Anything you can tell me after my practice. Bye." He ended the call.

 

There goes my chance. I did thought of just applying and explain to oppa when he's free. But there was once i did. I applied to go for a Student Exchange trip without asking oppa first. I did try to ask him, but he was really busy. And the vacancies available were getting fewer and fewer. So i applied first. Of course, being the only sibling oppa has, he's very protective. He was so angry when he found out one day before the trip. He scolded me, of course. Our parents passed away in a car accident when oppa was 15 years old and i was 11 years old. I guess i just wait for oppa to call? I thought. So, i went to my bedroom. I closed the door and lay my back on my cozy bed- my source of warmth. I looked at my cellphone, pressing on the lockscreen button again and again. It is a picture i took with oppa 4months ago. Oppa, i really miss you... I thought as a tear slipped out from my eye.

 

Several hours after i fall asleep, my phone beeped- indicating a message is received. I unlocked my phone and read the message.

 

"What is it you wanna talk to me about just now?" Oppa texted.

 

"I just wanna ask for your opinion to join SMEntertainment as a dancer." I replied. 

 

Within split seconds, my phone rang.

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"What are you talking about!?" He screamed through the phone.

 

"I mean... Since I'm always alone at home, maybe i can work part-time as a dan-" "No! You're not going to join them as a dancer!" He replied. "Why? Why can't i?" "If you wanna join, you should join BigHit!" "Why BigHit!?" "Because at least i can take care of you! So that i can see you often!" He explained.

 

Silence took over our conversation.

 

I really want to work at SMEntertainment. Of course, because i want to see DongHae in person. But, at the same time, I also want to have more time with oppa. 

 

“Do you really want to join SMEntertainment?” Oppa asked.

 

“Yes of course! You know how much DongHae means to me..” I replied without hesitation.

 

“Ha! You sure you won’t regret?” Oppa asked, what a ridiculous question.

 

“Why would I regret? I might be able to see you too!” I replied happily.

 

“Okay then. Make sure you take good care of yourself!”

 

“Nae! Don’t worry! Yuri is there too!” I replied absentmindedly.

 

“Yuri? Who is she?”

 

“Ermm.. A friend that I met online. Don’t worry! She’s a good person!” I reassured Oppa.

 

“Okay~ Anything just inform me again.”

 

“Okay! Thanks oppa!” I thanked oppa.

 

“Welcome, my little princess.” He ended the call.

 

I think the greatest present my parents had left for me was giving birth to my brother first instead of me. Although he’s overprotective, but all he wanted me being safe and it’s all for me, just me. I’m so thankful!

 

Thank you, oppa.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------