First 12hours-Part 2

Never a dream

 

 

 

Your POV

 

After buying all the stuffs needed to make Kimchi stew, we started dividing the jobs that we need to do.


“What do I need to do, oppa?” I asked as I placed the big stainless steel bowl on the dining table.

 

“You’ll do the marinating.” Oppa handed me the big stainless steel bowl that I just placed on the dining table. But this time, it’s with the pork belly inside it.

 

“What do I need to add?”

 

“Here. The garlic, ginger, gukganjang (Korean soup soy sauce), and soju. That’s it. Start to marinate now.” Oppa went to the stove and heat up the heavy bottomed pot.

 

“Why do we need to marinate the meat, oppa?” I was curious as we don’t really have to marinate the meat for other dishes. But why does this need?

 

“The marinade caramelizes as I fry the meat, which gives the soup more depth.” Oppa explained.

 

“Oh~ Don’t understand.” I laughed.

 

“Hey! Done marinating?” Oppa asked and I passed him the big stainless steel bowl with the marinated meat in it.

 

Oppa then pour all the meat that is inside the big stainless steel bowl into the heated heavy bottomed pot. He then add the onions and kimchi in it. After which, he added the kimchi juice, water, gochujang (Korean chilli paste), and doengjang (Korean bean paste) into it. He then stirred everything together. Then, he added the tofu in. after around 15minutes or so, he added some green onions and butter to it.

 

“Oppa! Why did you add butter!? Won’t it taste weird?” Oppa smiled. “It thickens the soup and gives it a wonderful richness without being greasy.” He explained. “Oh~ But you didn’t add butter when you cook this for me in the past.” I raised my eyebrows. “It’s the past, my dear princess.” Yes. It sure is! “Come! Let’s eat!” Oppa passed me a bowl of rice. “Thank you for the food!” I tasted the soup. “How is it?” I frowned. “Is it that bad?” I stuck out my tongue. “I-It’s hot!” I fan my tongue. “Ha. I thought it was bad! Here. Drink this.” Oppa poured a glass of water and passed to me. I grabbed it and gulped it within split seconds. “How dumb can you be? Like seriously. The soup wasn’t made 4hours ago. It was just made. How can you drink without letting it cool down for a while?” “Ayy~ It taste better when it’s still hot.” I smiled.

 

We sat down at the couch once we were done washing the dishes. Oppa cut some fruits. Most importantly, my favorite- Watermelon! We were flipping through the channels again. And again, we stopped at oppa’s performance. He insisted to watch it. This oppa is really… That’s not it. He even asked me is he cool in the performance. Is he showing all those gestures coolly and naturally. These questions really can get me killed within split seconds if I don’t answer them well.

 

After sitting up ‘quite straight’ for like 30minutes or so, I laid my head on oppa’s lap. Oh damn. How can his lap be so comfy? It’s been so long since we did all these little things together. Oppa’s always busy with performance and dance practices. And a lot more of course. But performances and dance practices are the common ones. Sometimes, I wish oppa had never been an idol. It’s so tiring waiting for someone that you know he won’t be able to be at home MOST of the time.  Oh god. “Oppa.” I looked at oppa from his lap. “Yes, my princess?” Oppa smiled.

 

 “You’re staying here tonight, right?”

 

“Yes of course! All the members went back home. I can’t possibly be staying at the dorm alone, right?”

 

“You’re not going back to the dorm, right?”

 

“Yes. How many times do you want me to tell you? Wait. Are you gonna cry?” Oppa noticed something.

 

“M-Me? N-No!” I lied, again. I really don’t want oppa to see me break down in front of him. But, I just can’t hold back my tears anymore. I really missed him. I missed how we make delicious food in the kitchen. More of him making it. ㅋㅋㅋㅋI missed the back of his I always see when he cuts the fruits in the kitchen after dinner. I missed the way he asks me to go to bed. I missed the way he sings lullaby to make me fall asleep. I missed all of them.

 

“Don’t lie. You can’t lie, don’t you know that?” Oppa wiped off the falling tears on my cheeks.

 

“I-I’m not lying.” I sat up straight. “It’s j-just dust. Right! Dust got into my eyes!” I really can’t lie. How can there be dust in such a clean house!

 

“Dust? There isn’t any dust around here.” Oppa commented. “Turn around and look at me.”

 

“A-Ah! I’m feeling sleepy now. I’ll go wash up!” I stood up and walk to the bathroom. At least that was what I thought. But, unfortunately, oppa managed to grab my wrist. He twirled me around. Now, I’m facing him. I hung my head low. Oppa cupped my face and make me look at him. “See. So aren’t these tears?” Oppa looked into my eyes. “How can you lie to me when you can’t even make a lie?” Oppa laughed. “Listen, I’m really staying here tonight for real. I’m not going back to the dorm in the middle of the night when you are sleeping. When you wake up tomorrow, you’ll still see me here. Don’t worry, okay? I’ll tell you when I’m going back. I promise, okay?”

 

Can you not tell me that you’re leaving? Can you tell me that you’re staying forever? Can you not leave me?

 

Can you?

 

*All images' credit to respected owners.