Third 12hours- Part 2

Never a dream

 

Your POV

 

“Welcome to MiSo café!”  I greeted the customer that just came in. I heard HyoMin gasped and I looked up and looked at her. “What’s the problem with you?” I whispered to her, it’s kinda weird and rude to scream in front of customers, and we’re not supposed to do that.

 

I looked at the direction that she is looking. Damn! It’s him!

 

I remain calm, pretending he was nothing. “What would you like to have, sir?”

 

“One latte, takeaway please.”

 

“Okay. One latte. And your choice of art on your latte?” I passed to him the catalog.

 

“Don’t you know what I like? I mean, you’re my fan too, right?”

 

“Oh. Ermm. I’m sorry about that, sir. Iron Man design, right?” Does he have to that rude?

 

“Yes.” This guy is really getting on my nerves!

 

“Oh. Sure. So, one latte with Iron Man design on it. Anything else?”

 

“That’s all.”

 

“That’ll be 4,858 won, sir. You’re paying by?” He handed me his card and I made the transaction. HyoMin came to me and whispered something to me. She then told me to inform DongHae.

 

“Sir, here’s your card and receipt. There’ll be a free cheesecake for you. Please proceed to the collection counter and collect em’. Thank you and enjoy!” I bowed to him. “Hi, welcome! What would you like to have?” I greeted the next customer that was in the line as he moved to collect his latte and the cheesecake that was on the house.

 

“Thank you and see you again!” HyoMin greeted him and he left. I went over to HyoMin since there was no customer queuing at the counter. “Yah. Why does he have a free cheesecake?” I asked her.

 

“My mum said to give him one. I told her an idol came and she went like ‘Are you serious!? Who? Who? Who?’ She questioned me three times asking about who came to our café. After I told her it was DongHae from Super Junior, she was like ‘Ask YoonMin to give him a cheesecake! If he asks why, just tell him it’s a promotion that our café is having right now!’”

 

“Luckily he didn’t ask why. I was bewildered when you told me to tell him he gets a cheesecake for free! I don’t even have one.”
 

“You can if you want.” Mdm Jung came out from the kitchen. “Get one and I’ll deduct it from your pay.” She went to the coffee machine and made some coffee for herself. “See. I told you. I will never get a free Oreo cheesecake even if I work here for ten years.” I told HyoMin.

 

“Mum~ Why can’t YoonMin get one Oreo cheesecake on the house? She’s our staff!” HyoMin cried.

 

“No means no.” Mdm Jung stated. “But-“ “No buts. It’s final.” Mdm Jung went back to the kitchen with her freshly made coffee.

 

“Just give her one. I’ll pay for it.” HoSeok said when he walked into the café.

 

“Nah. It’s okay.” I really want to say yes to his offer. But this little thing in me told me not to.

 

“It’s okay. I apologize on behalf for my mum. She just can’t get over the fact that you looked like my youngest sister.”

 

Yes. I looked like his youngest sister. He had a younger sister. But that was twelve years ago. He lost his youngest sister when he was young. I don’t know how young but I’m sure he was like only nine years old or younger. HyoMin told me about their lost youngest sister. They lost her when they were at the amusement park. According to HyoMin, their youngest sister wandered off to somewhere which they don’t know what she was attracted to. HyoMin also told me that Mdm Jung was blaming herself every single day after their youngest sister got lost and was crying without eating or drinking. It reminded me when I lost my parents. I behaved exactly how Mdm Jung did when she knew she was never gonna see her precious daughter again.

 

“Nah. I understand how she feels. That’s how I feel when I lost both of my parents at once. It’s really terrible.” I looked down, trying to hold back my tears. I don’t like crying in front of people. I don’t like showing people that I’m weak. Although people always say that ‘Crying doesn’t mean you’re weak. It means you’ve reached your limits.’ But still, I don’t like crying in front of people. Unless I really can’t hold it back.

 

HyoMin patted my back. “I’m okay. What time is it now?” I changed the topic. Or else, I’ll really flood this whole place with my tears. “2.55p.m. Oh yes! You’re knocking off, right?” I nodded. I went to the locker room and took out my apron. When I opened my locker, my family photo greeted me. I sighed and put my apron into my locker. “Boo!” I jumped and my heart skipped a beat for one second. I turn around and saw HaeYeon.

 

“HaeYeon ah! Yah. You startled me!” I slapped her arm jokingly. “I miss you~” She hugged me. I felt so warm. She always hugs me after going off for a trip. She has been like this since we knew each other in high school. Her family is rich, hence she can travel the world every year or maybe sometimes during special occasions or anniversaries. She’s not a full Korean, you see.

 

“Me too~” I patted her back and pulled away.

 

“What are you doing just now? Miss your parents?”

 

“You bet. I’ll miss them even when I’m eating.” I really love my parents.

 

“Ta-dah!” She held up a nicely decorated shopping bag. “Here’s your souvenir!”

 

I took it from her. “Thank you~ Can I open it?” I looked at her with puppy eyes.

 

“Go ahead. It’s yours, anyway.” She gestured me to open it.

 

I opened it up. And I was beyond words. She got me my favorite Nemo stuff toy! I liked Nemo ever since I fell hard for DongHae. He wore a Nemo hat during one of their concert. 

 

"Thank you!" I catapulted myself to her, giving her a BIG bear hug.

 

"Knew you'll love this. Where's mine? You said you have a surprise for me." She reminded me. 

 

"Oh yes!" I turned back to my locker. "I forgot to bring it." I smiled, scratching my head. Me and my blurriness...

 

"Never mind. I knew you'll forget." I scoffed. "The pot calling the kettle black." I laughed. She hit me lightly on my arm. 

 

"Let's go. We need to start work now." She put on her apron.

 

"Nope. Is 'you' who's starting work. I've ended work already." I corrected her.

 

"You're not working another shift later? I'll be alone?" She widens her eyes, as if I was lying to her about her working and me ending work.

 

"Nope. My brother is coming over to fetch me. He had a two days’ vacation. And you're back from your honeymoon already. Mdm Jung wouldn't want so many staffs working for her when the café isn't that busy." 

 

"Then I'll be so bored~" She whined.

 

"Nah. HyoMin's here the whole day. She's working full shift today." I reminded her.

 

"Really!? That's great!" She stretched her arms. 

 

We went out to the counter and I sat on a chair while waiting for my brother. Of course, I chatted with HaeYeon. Mdm Jung had allowed us to chat, since I haven't seen HaeYeon for so long. She was against it at first, but HyoMin helped me to convince her, saying that the café wasn't that busy.

 

Few minutes later, my brother came in. 

 

"Oppa!" I waved to him. He came over to me and smiled to me.

 

"You and your forgetful brain... You didn't bring this along with you." He held up the container containing his famous KimChi Stew. 

 

"It slipped off my mind..." I chuckled.

 

I passed to HaeYeon and waved goodbye to them.

 

"Bye, traitor..." HaeYeon joked. I smiled and we left the café. 

 

Off to have fun and enjoy my day with oppa! ^^