Chapter 11

Just Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmNxHTVkShk

Three days passed. You and Kai were still in awkward condition- more like you whom avoiding him while he tried so hard to communicate with you. It was like the roles were reversed. Lying down comfortably on the couch, you looked around the living room. It was five in the evening and regrettably, your work ended early. These past few days, you always made yourself busy with unnecessary work just to get home late. But then again, it was a good thing that you went home early today. Yesterday, Kai flew into a rage when you came home late twice in a row. He warned you to not do it again because he was fully aware that you did it on purpose. "Try to do it again or I will make your boss quit your job." He stared menacingly at you. You raised your eyebrow at him. Is he joking? He doesn't have the power to do that. Or does he? But then, anything is possible when it comes to Kim Jongin, the respected and powerful CEO of KAIST Group. Taking no risk, you nonchalantly nodded your head. "Fine. Now, move." You walked past him and made a way to your room.

Beep Beep

The door clicked open and your heart skipped a beat. Don't tell me he's already home. You wanted to run upstairs but you had a little time. Ruffling your hair to look messy, you quickly shut your eyes and pretended to be asleep. Don't come here, don't come here please. You silently prayed. However, Kai had noticed your car parked on the front porch. She comes home early. He smiled to himself, pleased that you listened to him.

Loosening his tie, he made his way to the living room to rest for a few minutes. Kai stopped on his track when he saw you sleeping on the couch. It was an unexpected surprise to see you there because you would holed up in your room over these past few days. Slowly, he walked towards you and stooped on your level with his knees bent. My baby looks so peaceful when sleeping. A familiar pang of sadness filled his heart. I wish you are not tense around me. A part of him regretted confessing to you because it made you detach from him. I should have wait a little more. Why am I so hasty? With a sigh, he wrapped his arms around your waist and lifted you up. 

At the same time, you felt your heart beating wildly against your chest. I hope he doesn't notice it. Ah, slow down, you little . You mentally scolded your heart. Kai went upstairs and headed to your room. He put you down carefully on your bed and switched on the air conditioner. "I'll let you rest before dinner. Sleep well, baby." He whispered as he kissed you on the forehead. When you heard the door is closed, you sat on your back and cupped both of your cheeks. Sleep well, baby. His gentle voice rang in your ears, making your face turned red. "Why the hell am I so weird lately? , am I starting to love him?" Slapping your warm cheeks, you weakly whined. No, no, no Hana. You're not, you're just confused. You shook your head furiously but deep down your heart, you knew you were in denial. The truth was you were afraid of your own feelings. You were scared that if Kai was just lonely and he found someone to ease his loneliness, someone that was you. What if his love for me is just temporary? The question kept running through your mind ever since he confessed. But what if it is not? Even his father said he loves you. You remembered the lunch you had with him earlier.

"I hope this lunch will not cause you any inconvenience. I'm just dropping by because I have a meeting near your office." Your father-in-law, Kim Seung Woo politely said. "No, not at all." You gave him a small smile. Just like Kai, you found yourself uncomfortable with him as he has this quiet and cold aura around him. And truthfully, you would like him to drop his formal manner around you because it felt weird. I will probably laugh like an idiot if my dad is being all polite and serious towards me. "Are you and Jongin doing fine?" He asked as he lifted his fork to his mouth. How should I answer this question? You scratched your neck awkwardly. "I know Jongin can be difficult when it comes to expressing himself. It was because of his past he is behaving that way." He looked at you earnestly. "I know. He told me about it." Wide-eyed, Mr. Park could not contain his surprise. "He told you about his past already? I guess he is really in love with you." Why everyone keeps saying that? Looking down at your plate, you played with your food mindlessly. Should I tell her?Mr. Park knew you were in state of bewilderment and sighed before decided to tell you the truth. "I'm sorry to tell you this but this arranged marriage is not for the companies at all. I lied to you." This clearly caught your attention as you quickly turned to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter