Eunhee

You Got A Message

 

It has been a week and a half so far since Minji was ‘kidnapped’. It has also been 5 days after Seyong’s mother was declared dead.

Seyong laid on his bed, looking dead. His face was pale and his eyes were shut.

Suji walked in with a tray in hand. She brought a glass of water and chicken porridge, which had been given by their aunt who came by to check on them. Suji set the tray down on the bedside table and sat on the bed, next to Seyong.

“Oppa. Ireona~,” Suji softly shook him.

Seyong didn’t move.

“Oppa?” Suji went closer to her brother, still shaking him but he still didn’t wake up.

Suji felt his forehead and realised how hot it was. Suji’s eye widened with worry.

“Oppa? Oppa!! Ireona! Yah, oppa!” Suji shook her brother hard, tears b in her eyes.

But, Seyong remained asleep. He was too weak to even open his eyes, let alone say anything.

Suji quickly ran down and grabbed the phone. She started dialling the only number she knew.

--

Minji stood on the balcony, thinking deeply. *I wonder how Seyong is… I wish I could leave this place already…* She sighed and looked out at the dark city.

She wasn’t allowed to use the phone, leave or make any contact with her family and friends. The boys didn’t want her to expose their kind. It would cause great trouble if it were to happen.

Minji heard someone behind her but she just kept quiet as she continued to stare into blank space.

The person stood beside her and looked out.

It was silent.

“Aren’t you thirsty?” Gunwoo asked.

Minji kept quiet.

“You haven’t drunk any blood for days. That’s not good,” Gunwoo said again.

Minji bit her lips. *Leave me alone. Even if I was thirsty, there’s no way I’m gonna drink any blood.*

Gunwoo sighed, “What do you think will happen if you get dehydrated?”

“You’re gonna die slowly,” Gunwoo told her.

Minji started tearing up.

“You know, if you’re stabilised faster… I can let you go,” Gunwoo looked up into the sky, staring at the sparkling stars.

Minji’s eyes widened and she turned to look at Gunwoo, “R-really?”

With much hesitance, Gunwoo nodded. For some reason, he didn’t want Minji to leave. Minji was similar to him. Both of them never wanted this. It felt so wrong to be a vampire. They both regretted being stubborn. If only...

But, it was too late to think about it now.

Neither might know what to do but Minji wanted to return back home quickly. For some reason, she had a bad feeling about Seyong.

“So… I hope you drink your daily dose of animal blood. You can get it in the kitchen,” Gunwoo said and straightened up.

“See you around,” Gunwoo said and walked out of the balcony.

Minji pursed her lips and stared at the leaving figure. Then, she turned back to the view of the city. As she rested her elbows on the railing, she closed her eyes and felt the wind. *I wanna go home.*

--

“Suji-ah!!! Open the door!!” Eunhee banged on the door.

Suji left her brother’s side and rushed to the door.

“Unnie!!” Suji hugged Eunhee.

“Suji-ah!” Eunhee hugged her, “Where’s Seyong oppa?!”

“Here,” Suji pulled Eunhee to her brother’s room.

On the bed laid a pale Seyong, looking weak. His eyes were shut and he looked really sick.

“Seyong-ah!!” Eunhee ran beside Seyong and grabbed his hand, massaging it.

Tears ran down her cheeks, “Oppa!”

“Suji, what happened?” Eunhee asked Suji.

“Mollayo. But, oppa had been down all day. Of course… Omma’s not around anymore and Minji unnie went missing,” Suji sobbed.

“Get me a wet towel… Now!” Eunhee demanded.

Suji quickly went to do as told. She came back with a wet towel in hand. She passed it to Eunhee.

Eunhee used it and wiped Seyong’s face, “You’re so warm.”

She worriedly looked at Seyong.

Once she was done, Eunhee stood up and left Suji to take care of Seyong. She quickly called her mother and informed her about her staying over to take care of Seyong.

After some time of talking, Eunhee’s mother finally allowed her to stay. Eunhee hung up and sighed, resting against the wall.

*Kim Minji. I knew you won’t be there when Seyong needed you the most. I knew you were never the right girl Seyong should have. Kim Minji. At this moment, when you’re gone, I’ll be there for Seyong and Seyong will stop loving you.* Eunhee smirked and walked into the room, where Suji and Seyong were.