Life is precious

You Got A Message

 

“AHHHH!!!!” Minji was going crazy again, her eyes flashing green.

Apparently, when Gunwoo had told her about her kind, Minji flipped and turned into a monster.

“Hold her down!!” Gunwoo yelled at Chaejin who fell on the ground.

JunQ tried helping Gunwoo but got thrown away.

“Hurry!” Gunwoo inhaled and pressed Minji harder against the wall.

Finally, Chaejin jumped and landed right in front of Minji. Using his inhuman strength, he pinned her against the wall.

Minji screamed in his face, “AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“Nasty,” JunQ chuckled, amused, as he stood up, dusting himself.

“CALM DOWN!” Chaejin ordered Minji.

But, Minji was too crazy. She was thirsty, frustrated and angry. As a newborn, these symptoms were just too much for her. She would go crazy by the slightest anger or frustration.

“Hyung!” Chaejin called out.

JunQ quickly rushed over and took Gunwoo’s place. When Gunwoo was free, he quickly got in front of Minji and placed his hands on each side of her shoulders. His eyes flashed bright purple as he stared into the green eyes. He was controlling her actions.

Slowly, Minji calmed down and her fangs sank in. She grew weaker as her eyes returned black.

Once she was calm, they placed her on the bed. She curled into a ball, starting to tear up. *Why me?*

She sobbed. *I’m a monster. What do I do now? How will Mum and Dad react? Most importantly… how will Seyong react?* She cried and cried, thinking of her ‘future’ ahead.

“I understand how you feel, Minji…” Gunwoo sighed and sat on the chair.

*No, you don’t…* Minji sobbed.

“But, you can’t do anything,” Gunwoo said.

*I’m sure there’s a way…*

“It’s either this or death,” Gunwoo added.

*I’d rather die.* Minji bit her lower lip.

“I’m sure you’re not ready to die…” Gunwoo looked down.

“I’d rather…” Minji softly said.

Gunwoo sighed.

Although Gunwoo was talking about Minji, deep inside, he was referring to himself. He never wanted to live this life. But, he, too, didn’t want to die yet. He felt like a monster. He preys on animals and at times, humans. This made him really sad. He wanted to be normal—find love, get married, have kids. However, that one day made everything changed. He should have listened when he was told to stay away, but he didn’t.

Shaking the thought off his mind, he stood up.

“Think about it. Life is precious,” Gunwoo walked out of the room.

Minji blinked, confused about what he said. *What does that mean…?*

JunQ quickly appeared in front of her, sitting on the bed, “Don’t mind him. He’s always like that—emo and . I’m JunQ by the way!”

He laughed. Minji just stared at him. He softened at her expression.

“Don’t worry. I used to be like you… But, I’ve learnt. Life is precious. Although you’re technically dead now, I’m sure you’ll regret it if you lost this ‘life’,” JunQ smiled knowingly at her.

When she didn’t reply, JunQ added, “Plus, as vampires, you get powers! I’m speed. I need to figure out what you are. My first guess is that you can control actions.”

“How do you do that?” Minji asked.

“Hmm… Gunwoo hyung said that he had to stare at the person and feel their thoughts. Then, you take over and voila! You’re controlling them!” JunQ excitedly explain.

“I’m quite annoyed though. Hyung always uses that on me when I don’t listen to him. It’s so unfair!” JunQ pouted.

Minji softly smiled at him. *I’m sure he doesn’t like being what he is. But, he’s so positive that even I find being a vampire is good.*

As she watched JunQ continue to talk non-stop about how awesome vampires can be, she thought about herself.

*When I return home, how will everything be? Missing for days, maybe even weeks, are everyone concerned? Are the police looking for me now? Is Seyong worried that I didn’t call? And… when they find out I’m a vampire, will they avoid me then? Will they expose me to the public and tell them to kill me. I am a monster after all. This is so complicated… I should have listened…*

--

“Kim Minji… Doesn’t it ring a bell?” Dongwoo smirked.

“Mhm. Isn’t that…” Woohyun trailed off.

“It is, indeed,” Dongwoo said.

Sungyeol’s eyes widened, “No way. We finally found them.”

“Mhm. But, here’s the best part. I got a vision,” Dongwoo told them.

“What was it?” Sunggyu asked.

“She’s a vampire,” Dongwoo his lip.

“What? She is?” Hoya perked in.

“Mhm,” Dongwoo nodded.

“Who…?” Sungjong asked.

“I couldn’t see the vision well but… it’s a wild vampire,” Dongwoo wriggled his eyebrow.

“WOAH! This is nice! We find them, get the girl and a wild vampire who broke the rules,” Woohyun laughed, excited.

“Exactly,” Dongwoo’s eye flashed turquoise as he thought about it.

*Oh, this is gonna be a long ride.* Dongwoo smirked triumphantly.