I should have...

You Got A Message

 

The both of them had a fun time, eating then resting by the seaside. Unfortunately, the fun night didn’t last. Seyong had to rush home as his mother had fallen ill and he had to take care of her since his father was no longer alive and his sister was just 8.

Because of that, Seyong felt extremely sorry for leaving Minji to go home alone.

“Minji-ah. Jeongmal mianhae. I want to send you home but my mum’s really sick and my 8-year-old sister doesn’t know what to do. I promise I’ll make it up to you,” Seyong apologized, feeling guilty.

“Oppa, gwenchana. Your mum is important so I can’t do anything, now can I? Well, I hope she gets well. Send my regards to her,” Minji smiled at him as she watched him get on his motorbike.

“Thanks. You’re the best girlfriend anyone could have,” Seyong her cheek.

Minji blushed and touched his hand, “Drive safe.”

“Are you sure you’ll be okay?” Seyong tried to confirm.

“Positive,” Minji beamed at him.

“Okay… I trust you… Be careful. Take a cab. It’ll be safer. I’ll go now,” Seyong worriedly bit his lips as he reluctantly dropped his hand from his beloved girlfriend’s cheek.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll call you when I get home, alright? Just go,” Minji understandingly nodded.

“Thanks. Thank you so much! See you tomorrow!” Seyong blew a kiss.

And with that, he sped off.

Minji sighed in contentment. *I’m so lucky to have a caring and sweet boyfriend like Seyong. I never want him to leave me.*

She smiled to herself and started walking along the empty and long stretch road, thinking about the nice date she had with Seyong that day. They hardly go on dates and she felt like this was the best within this long period.

Her house was just a few blocks away so she didn’t mind walking. She certainly didn’t want to waste her money on a cab especially since she was saving up for their anniversary that would be coming in 4 months. 4 months is a long time, she knew. But, she wanted the best for her boyfriend after all he had done for her.

Suddenly, she stopped walking. Looking to her left, she saw the familiar shortcut that would lead to her house. She thought about it for a while. The place was empty and didn’t look like anyone bad would get her. Although she had been warned about the place being a bit dangerous and unsafe, she tried to think of a good reason why she should take this route. She wanted to get home faster, it was dark.  But, she didn’t want to take the longer way which is by this long stretch of road. Besides, if anything were to happen, she had her self-defense. Plus, what’s the difference? If there was something out for her, he’ll get her anyway. So, why not she take the shorter route for she would be able to arrive faster home if there really was something after her.

Her instincts told her not to go but there was another feeling which was pushing her further to walk through that alley.

In the end, she decided, she would take this shortcut. Without any more thought, she started walking in the dark alley.

*This isn’t so bad. Pfft. Parents and their worries.* Minji shook her head, dismissing the thought of ever being in trouble.

She was just walking normally, not bothered by the dark shadows around her or by the extreme stench from the garbage scattered around.

Suddenly, she was pulled behind and smashed against the wall, injuring her back and cracking the bricks. Her back hurt like hell and she wasn’t able to do anything. She didn’t know what was happening but she certainly knew she was in deep trouble.

A person dressed in an all-black gesture appeared quickly in front of her. She gasped. She tried to see his face but it was all black. He wore a black hoodie, black jeans, black shoes, and black gloves. It was all black that it scared her. She knew; by now, her self-defense was nothing compared to what this man is probably capable of.

He was taller than her, by about 8-9cm.

Her breath was fast as her heart beat accelerated.

There was no way out.

I should have listened to my instincts.

The man slammed his right hand on the brick, beside her face, cracking more of the surface. Minji gulped.

I should have thought about my safety.

He then slammed his other hand on her other side. Minji was tearing up, staring at this unknown person.

I should have taken the longer way.

He finally looked up, revealing his handsome face that made Minji’s heart race.

I should have thought properly before……