Seyong and Minji.

You Got A Message

 

School finally ended and Minji quietly and quickly snuck out of the classroom before Chaejin could catch her. She wanted to be alone; away from Chaejin and JunQ.

She stood outside of the school, hiding behind a tree, waiting for Seyong to appear. *I’ll just avoid the myname members and go see him. Seyong oppa usually rushes home if it’s Monday..* She bit her lip as she anticipated to seeing her boyfriend. She felt scared that she might get caught and wouldn’t be able to see Seyong but tried to keep positive.

After what seemed like hours, when it had really only been 15 minutes, she saw him walking out. Her heart jumped for joy seeing what she’s been missing for weeks.

Dismissing any thought of getting caught, she ran towards Seyong and hugged him. She felt his arms go around her waist as he, too, felt happy to see her. Seyong’s scent lingered in the air but she didn’t even felt tempted. Instead, she hugged him tighter.

They hugged for about 2 minutes before finally pulling away after an awkward cough. That was when Minji realized that there was someone with Seyong – Eunhee. Her eyes widened. She knew Eunhee was Seyong’s best friend but she noticed how they seemed to have gotten closer while she was missing. They were even seated together during class.

Minji was never really fond of Eunhee because of the cold stare she was always given by her but regardless always tried to be nice. She gave her a small smile and nodded at her, as a greeting. Seyong turned to look at Eunhee and gave her a soft, pleading look that said “could you give us some time together?”

Eunhee, although reluctant, nodded stiffly and walked off, taking small glances at the couple.

Seeing she was gone, the couple turned back to each other and smiled.

“Let’s go somewhere, okay?” Seyong asked.

Minji grinned and nodded.

--

They ended up in their favourite café.

They greeted Mrs. Yoon and ordered their usuals – waffles and a cup of hot chocolate.

Mrs. Yoon was ecstatic to find out that Minji was back and safe. She welcomed Minji with a big hug and was telling her how concerned she was when she found out about what happened to Minji. Minji apologized for keeping her worried and promised to take care of herself better next time.

Mrs. Yoon left the couple alone to serve her other customers and Minji and Seyong started talking.

“You have no idea how worried I was..” Seyong sighed, placing his hand on Minji’s.

“I’m sorry.. I should have been more careful,” Minji sincerely apologized.

“No. I’m sorry. I should have sent you home..” Seyong shook his head sadly.

“But, your mom’s important. You needed to tend to her. So, I let you. So, it’s not your fault, arasso?” Minji tried cheering him up.

Seyong sighed upon hearing the word “mom”. He looked into Minji’s eyes and tried telling her but failed.

Minji noticed the sudden tension, “.. Waegeurae? Why do you suddenly look so sad?”

“Because… Mom… she- she died,” Seyong’s voice cracked as he felt tears stream down his cheeks.

Minji gasped as her heart fell hearing that. Minji knew that Seyong’s mom never really liked her but she never complained and had always tried to be nice. She cared for Seyong’s mom and even looked up to her, knowing how harsh a single mother’s life might be.

She went beside Seyong and hugged him since that would probably be what he’d wanted the most at that time.

For the past few weeks, he’d been trying to move on as that would have been what his mom wanted but it was too hard for him. He was worried about his sister and how he would take care of her. Losing his mom, one of the most important people in his life, aside from Minji and his sister, was a difficult thing for him.

Seyong buried his face in her shoulders as he cried. He didn’t care that people were watching or that he looked like a weak man. He was still a kid and although his mom probably wouldn’t want to see his tears, he had to let his sorrows out somehow.

Minji cupped Seyong’s face and told him, “Oppa. I’m sorry for not being by your side when you were at your worst. I should have taken care of myself and avoided more burden to be placed on you. I should have been there for you when you needed someone. Oppa, I’m sorry… But, please, stop crying. I don’t want you to cry. I’m sure your mother wouldn’t want to see your tears too. So, please, stop crying. I beg you, oppa..”

Seyong looked into her eyes and nodded. Minji wiped off the tears with her thumb.

“You’re crying too; stop it,” Seyong said.

Minji nodded and wiped off her tears with hands.

They smiled at each other, seeing how funny they looked with tear-stained cheeks. Minji let out a giggle and held onto Seyong’s hand.

“Oppa. No matter what happened, you had been a great, responsible and caring person and I’m sure your mom was very proud to have you as a son. So, make her happy and stop being sad, okay? Both of us know very well she doesn’t want that. Put a smile on your face and be what she wants you to be – happy,” she said and smiled.

This was what Seyong loved about Minji. It was something neither Eunhee nor his sister or even any woman in his life had – understanding. Sure, they had all known how he was but only Minji completely understood him. She had the perfect, comforting words for him at any time.

With a smile on his lips, he leaned in for a kiss.

The customers, including Mrs. Yoon, couldn’t help but awe at the sight.