Why?

You Got A Message

 

“How is she?” JunQ strode in the living room.

“Sleeping,” Gunwoo silently replied.

He was still weak after giving so much blood for Minji. Plus, he couldn’t help but wonder what and why he felt like giving blood. He perfectly knew what would happen then. Yet, he let her drink his blood. He could have gotten the animal blood from the kitchen, but no, he didn’t. Instead, he made her drink his blood.

He didn’t know what gotten into him but there was that want to let her his blood. He has never felt that way. What did Minji have that made him like that?

“Hyung? Hyung!” JunQ shook Gunwoo.

“Uh? Uh?” Gunwoo finally snapped out.

“You were spacing out… I asked you, what happened?” JunQ repeated his question seconds ago.

“Well…” Gunwoo started explaining the whole thing to JunQ.

“Woah! Seriously? Hyung! You thinking what I’m thinking?” JunQ wriggled his eyebrows.

“Depends… What are you thinking?” Gunwoo raised an eyebrow.

“Her powers. Who knows? The reason why you wanted to give her your blood would be because she had the same powers as you. And that is the controlling of actions…” JunQ said.

“… That’s true… but…” Gunwoo tried to think of a better reason than that but JunQ was right.

Sort of. He had a point, though. Gunwoo had never met anyone with the same powers as him and it was possible that what happened to him earlier was Minji’s powers. But, he couldn’t confirm just yet. *I’m pretty sure that’s not her power.*

--

Meanwhile, in the bedroom occupied by Minji, Chaejin sat beside her bed, on the chair, his eyes closed. He was waiting for her to wake up.

She had been unconscious for the past week, after almost up all the blood of Gunwoo. This, of course, was normal for a newborn. They’re usually still wild but gets weak easily, well, until they get thirsty again, of course.

--

They had kept Minji under captive for the past week or so. During that time, they had gathered much information about Minji and her family. They knew her family was extremely concerned but they still had to keep her. As ‘wild’ vampires, they didn’t know much about their kind. They weren’t part of the fancy royalties. They were just normal vampires who roamed around, feeding on animals and humans.

Because of that, they had to keep Minji under their own care. It had to be a secret for as far as they knew, a newborn can only be made by a royalty. Normal vampires weren’t allowed to bite humans and make them a vampire. There was a rule to that.

Also, there was a rule to blood-mating which Gunwoo had broken.

But, that wasn’t the worry at the moment.

They were more worried about how they were going to control Minji. For a newborn, she was already out of control, which is very rare. This usually happens to royalties. It could occur to normal vampires too but it was usually a rare thing.

--

Seyong worriedly paced around the lounge as he held his phone to his ear. His mother was resting at the moment and he decided to take a break from the long hours of watching her.

*Come on… Why aren’t you answering?* Seyong worriedly thought.

He had been trying to contact Minji for almost a week. He tried calling her phone but he would always be sent to her voicemail messages. He tried calling her home too but even her parents didn’t know her whereabouts.

He was worried sick. *I knew it. I should have sent you home. It was stupid of me to think that someone as pretty as you would survive in such a dangerous place. What am I going to do now…?* Seyong sighed.

Just then, the doctor rushed out of his mother’s room, nurses following behind, pushing a bed. Seyong’s eyes widened when he realised who the person on the bed was. *Mom!*

He immediately placed his phone in his pocket and rushed to the bed, “Doctor!!”

He tried to stop the doctor to ask about his mother but the doctor quickly shrugged him off and ordered the nurse to tend to him.

“Nurse!! What’s wrong?!” Seyong shook her.

“Seems like her condition is getting worse. Apparently, she doesn’t only have cancer,” the nurse explained.

“What?! Nurse—”

“I’m sorry, I have to go,” the nurse interrupted and pulled away, rushing to the emergency ward.

Seyong stumbled backwards to the wall of the hallway. With tears in his eyes, he slipped down. *Why is everything bad happening at once? Give me a break, please.*